Things I Want

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to win the Powerball lottery. I want to be able to retire and not worry about my finances. And I want good health (which I do have now) but hope I continue to have in the future. And I want to be able to afford someone to do my yard work (hence winning the lottery). And after I win the lottery I would like to surprise my friends and family with surprise anonymous gifts. And I want to be able to travel and pay for my parents to go on a nice trip and not worry about their futures (lottery again). And I want a Suburu. And if I meet a nice guy who likes me for me...that would be swell. And I want my dog, Coco to never get old. And I want my brother to stay with a job and stop bumming money from me. And right now I would love a little sunshine...this rain is getting old. And when it gets hot, I would like air conditioning. I think that's about it. :D

Ditto on most of this except for maybe the Subaru. Also, I don't have a dog named Coco.

As a parent who's also a lapsed catholic I understand how you feel, especially now that my children are starting to ask questions about God. My parents can't help themselves but to engage in a bit of indoctrination and I can't bring myself to tell my kids I don't believe. How am I supposed to look my little girls in the eyes and tell them I think when we die that's it? A box in the ground.

I like the idea of an afterlife, I wish I could believe in it.

It's religion and religious judgmental people who piss me off.

Me too.

It's tough when my kids ask me about dying and heaven. The best answer I can give them is that no one knows for sure.

LOL, leave it to Ween to turn the thread into one of these:

2396.gif

I want to take down the super secret elite reptilians!

Also, I want an IMINIME cowboy DX, $35 Billion dollars (after taxes), aaaand, that's pretty much it. The $35 billion would pretty much cover any other wants on my list.:lol

FAITH?? i want Faith as much as the next guy. Faith makes me mushy inside, i don't know if im in lurvve or just horny.

i want Faith. maybe even just for the night....or two.

Actress-Faith-Photo-Shoot-Photos-1879.jpg

It's tough when my kids ask me about dying and heaven. The best answer I can give them is that no one knows for sure.

The thing of it is like most parents we did Toothfairy, Easter Bunny, Santa and all that... which it to say we lied about a bunch of stuff because it was the age appropriate thing to do. Which makes me question my lack of discussing the topic of god and afterlife.

Perhaps I should've just said "yes, there's a god and and all that stuff grandma and grandpa said" and let my kids grow out of it. Or not grow out of it.

I question my own actions. I worry I may be short circuiting their ability to form a faith based view of life just because I moved away from it. Even Homer Simpson holds his nose and drags the family to church but I doubt he's really a believer. In my mind this isn't about religion it's about parenting.

I don't consider myself an Atheist. Most atheists are as dogmatic and evangelical as any bible thumper I've ever met. I've never tried to talk anyone out of their beliefs or shame them. Every Atheist I've met looks down their nose at the "ingorant" believers. Spend five minutes in the Atheism sub-Reddit. I dislike that type of activism.

FAITH?? i want Faith as much as the next guy. Faith makes me mushy inside, i don't know if im in lurvve or just horny.

i want Faith. maybe even just for the night....or two.

Actress-Faith-Photo-Shoot-Photos-1879.jpg

I could not see the pic you posted before so I was thinking you were talking about this Faith lol

A9RuUan.jpg

Back