Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do you care so much about gators? just wondering

they are as dangerous as bears. if anything bears get hunt down all the time and most times gators are left alone. you dont see that much gator murder

this beast was left alone

I think gators are protected in Floriduh. You just can't kill them unless defending yourself.

And that big big gator is awesome.

Oh, wait. They were here first.

Oh, wait. Who gives a ****.
They were here first. That means something. And obviously I give a ****, Master Baiter.

If you don't want to get ****ed up by dangerous animals the solution isn't killing them off - it's to not build a theme park in their territory. Or more specifically having a method of warning people that there are dangerous animals around.

Who gives a **** what you think? :dunno

Who was where first doesn't mean a goddamned thing.

You have to wonder how many of the people crying about signage also advocate for the protection of predator populations.

woN0OAB.jpg

Ban assault gators.

isn't Every single thing build in the territory of something? deer? bear? mountain lion? wolf? coyote? fox?

I mean, isn't were we live technically where something used to live before? Florida is Swamp at every inch, kinda hard to not build around some critter's territory.
Alligators aren't "some critter" though. If you're going to build or decide to live where there are dangerous animals, you have to take the necessary precautions. You don't just kill them.

Animals don't carry spite or hatred, they rely on their instincts. As beings of higher intelligence it's our responsibility to recognize that and coexist with them accordingly.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Alligators aren't "some critter" though. If you're going to build or decide to live where there are dangerous animals, you have to take the necessary precautions. You don't just kill them.

Animals don't carry spite or hatred, they rely on their instincts. As beings of higher intelligence it's our responsibility to recognize that and coexist with them accordingly.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

This is true, but you can only do so much with alligators. They are everywhere in Florida, and are capable of migrating several miles at a time. So Disney could've cleared that lake the day before, and overnight there would've been more gators coming into that specific body of water. I'm not excusing anybody, but I hate the fact that everybody is all about suing Disney when they should be grieving the loss of the child.

~~On a side note, we need to have a serious discussion about banning knives.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367?SThisFB

An attack by knife-wielding men at a railway station in Kunming in south-west China has left at least 29 dead, the state news agency Xinhua says.
Another 130 people were wounded in what authorities said was a "premeditated, violent terrorist attack".
Four suspects were shot dead, one arrested and other are being sought Xinhua said.
City officials said evidence implicated militants from the western region of Xinjiang, but this was not verified.
President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang have sent condolences to the victims and their families.
President Xi urged "all-out efforts" to investigate the attack.
"Severely punish in accordance with the law the violent terrorists and resolutely crack down on those who have been swollen with arrogance," Xinhua quoted the president as saying.
Pools of blood
Witnesses said that the men, who were mostly dressed in black, attacked people at random.
A survivor named Yang Haifei, who was wounded in the back and chest, told Xinhua he had been buying a train ticket when the attackers rushed into the station.
"I saw a person come straight at me with a long knife and I ran away with everyone," he said.

I think gators are protected in Floriduh. You just can't kill them unless defending yourself.

And that big big gator is awesome.

^^This is true. It's illegal to poach them. We can hire people to come trap and remove them, but I believe the only time they are authorized for termination is if one attacks a human (I'm not 100% sure, but it was on the news a while back).

~~They really are everywhere. 3 years ago there was one in the little retention pond at my apartment complex, and someone ran over it when they were driving to work early in the morning because it was so dark out the gator looked like one of the speed bumps. It was so big that it tore the bumper off of their car.

Last edited:
... but I hate the fact that everybody is all about suing Disney when they should be grieving the loss of the child.

They shouldn't be sued because there were gators in the water. They should be sued because - as reports suggest - they knew there were gators in the water but did nothing to inform their patrons of the fact.

why do you care so much about gators? just wondering

they are as dangerous as bears. if anything bears get hunt down all the time and most times gators are left alone. you dont see that much gator murder

this beast was left alone

we may be on top of the food chain.
but that doesn't give us the right to send everything beneath us to extinction.
that's why i asked if they were at pest levels over there.

My feelings. You've hurt them :(

You only hurt the ones you love.

Xenoburger said:
Yes it does. It's their home, and it's been their home before we came into the picture. Show some respect.

:lol

Their signature is on the lease and everything.

Here's a story for you. Two babies are born on the same plot of land. One is human and the other is an alligator (incidentally, the alligator was born 2 seconds later). Alligator eats human. By what right? It was that human's home. He was there first. The alligator dominates by the sole fact that it's a predator, but you're calling for equal respect for all living things. How is it possible that this killing machine has the right to be what it is at the expense of those less brutal? It doesn't. This whole story is nonsense because--although humans are animals--animals are not human. They don't have morals. They don't have rights. They don't own things.

Animals fight and kill and die and they do not feel bad about it. This is about your feelings and nothing else. Don't pretend that you speak for them. Alligators are alligators. Humans are humans. If you genuinely believe in equality, recognize that one has as much a right to be what it is as the other, and that nature selects victors.

Nature. Not your feelings, hurt or not, neither of which could I care less about.

Wrong, animal do have consciousness, feeling. Most do what they have to survive but they do. Just watch animal video on YouTube and see.

And what does owning things make us so special? This forum alone is proof that we own useless fantasy things. People temporarily own things that get discarded one way or another. Even precious metal and such eventually get worn down and recycle/discarded. We trash this planet way more when we should live more in harmony.

Back