Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salem-Witch-Trials-picture.jpg

Crying wolf is not the same as turning in someone who committed a legitimate crime, and tattletails are notorious for either not knowing the difference, or not caring.

For instance, the girls at Salem Village in the summer of 1692.

A fat pile of horse manure, regardless. The motivation for why people are dishonest is beside the point.

is tattletail the same as crying wolf? I do not think so, one is lying, the other one just cannot keep their mouth shut,

Tattletails angle for the same advantage. Just because it's not a boldfaced lie doesn't make it honest.

And the wolf cryer only gets nailed for lying when the people discover there's no wolf. So long as they remain delusional, the one who reported the 'danger' remains in their graces.

Salem Village was too dumb to recognize the lack of a wolf until 19 people were hanged, 150 imprisoned (four of whom died, including one infant), and a 90 year old man was pressed to death.

Lol, I was just making a point that those ladies in particular were ****ed the hell up. They were so doped on fear it would make even Dr. Crane proud. :lol

Well, to a point that's how it started though, right? But it got out of hand and eventually became a sick sideshow, where people turned on each other to survive.

That's how that kind of power works. The girls were safe so long as they maintained their ability to convict with nothing more than a hysterical accusation.

Again, so long as everyone kept pretending there was a wolf, the tattletails were honored. The only real threat to these people (loosely speaking) was the truth.

That's how that kind of power works. The girls were safe so long as they maintained their ability to convict with nothing more than a hysterical accusation.

Again, so long as everyone kept pretending there was a wolf, the tattletails were honored. The only real threat to these people (loosely speaking) was the truth.

There was a **** load of Christian/Protestant paranoia about anything and everything to do with the occult back then too.

The ones who were convicted, I imagine, wanted the charlatans and persecutors gone more than anyone.

If there were others, all they had to do was stand up and say so. Unfortunately, I don't believe there were enough with the guts to challenge the accusers. Even those who would have had the guts were rendered impotent by their susceptibility to the bull**** justifications that the witchhunt used to vindicate itself.

Bottom line, mob ruled.

I can't think that all of them wanted such nonsense in their town. I'm sure there were a lot of folk who wanted the charlatans and persecutors both to be gone.

You're talking about townsfolk who turned to their preacher for anything and everything back then. And if he's condemning innocent little girls to burn at the stake, you can bet the town's behind him.

Back