They DO exist..Ebay auction NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a copy of what the link used to go to. I will post pics when I have more time. The missing sections are where the photo's were.

Bizarre Preserved Embryo

Note from Tindalos: I am posting this for a friend who wishes to remain anonymous. Here is the text he provided me. I cannot verify its authenticity, except to say that some of the details do match up (like the divorce of his parents). I have seen the embryo and I note that my friend, who is normally a sensible kind of guy (although he looks terrible lately, like he hasn't been sleeping) really does seem to believe all this. He has asked that I pass along any email inquiries, but does not guarantee he will answer them, valuing his privacy. Here is the text he provided to put in the ad, verbatim:

"Is it still alive somehow?"

Have you ever been skeptical about something initially, but the more you find out about it the more you find yourself actually beliving it? Well me too. Okay I cant prove any of the below is true, but it is to me and I have to get rid of this thing. It is a family heirloom, but it also explaines why there have been some weird things that happened to some of my family maybe and just some weird things to others. So far its only weird things with me, but I am scared to keep it any longer after some recent things Ive seen (see below). Anyway it has to go. My family is upset that I am selling it because it is supposed to be valuable but I tell them 'then you take it,' and they just shake their heads.

I will tell you what I know about this thing just so you know what you are getting. It was given to my greatgrandfather by an old sideshow/carnival worker who had it many years before, but he went bankrupt so had to sell everything. He gave my grandfather a letter which told of the origin of the thing on a ship bound from Mahajanga (in Madagascar) to New York. I copied some parts of the letter and later it and many of my greatgrandfathers personal belongings (but not the thing in a jar even tho it was close by) were destroyed in a small fire.

Here is some of what I copied- "She was Rowena, and surpassingly beautiful she was, such that the crew could not spare their attentions from her if she were on deck. And sad she was, having lost her husband to consumption. She would wander the deck with her dark sad eyes and speak little, and tears were often on her cheeks."

<missing section>

"How Jincolo came to catch the thing in his net was a mystery known only to God above, but horrible it was nevertheless. It seemed an abomination under the glimmering stars of Heaven, pallid and thin, but with a disturbing humanity to its form, save for the great flaccid head, which resembled that of a cuttlefish, and the bony reptilian tail. It flopped and splattered about on the deck, emitting a pathetic gurgling sound. Jincolo and the others were terrified of it and wanted to kill it and perhaps would have, having gotten knives and bludgeons out of fear of the pale thing in the net. The captain, being less superstitious than they, stayed their hands and bade it taken below and put into a large cistern filled with seawater. There it remained and it was unfortunate that she discovered it."

<missing section>

"..obsession with it grew, and long hours she stood next to the cistern, looking upon it and saying to it, "poor thing, you never knew love, even from your own." Little Pete, a sea hand out of New York, his courage emboldened by a stash of rum belowdecks, asked her why she talked to it so, but she turned and glared at him with a venomous hatred and bade him leave. "She's not right in the head no more, if ever she was," was all Little Pete would ever say after that. She was sometimes seen to be stroking it gently as it stirred weakly in the brine beneath her touch, pale and glistening and with those horrible filmy eyes set upon her. She was as one bewitched."

<missing section>

"They drew it off her, horrified as they were of the sight of her clutching it to her nether regions as in the throes of ecstasy, and she giggling like a lunatic all the while. They killed it on the spot, some falling back in unutterable horror at what she had been doing with that wet, slimy apparition in her bed. Rowena went well and truly mad then, fighting them, biting and clawing at them even in her nakedness, and she had to be tied with bed sheets lest she harm someone else or herself."

Thats all I copied, but this Rowena woman supposedly died pregnant in a sanitarium and they preserved the embryo (or whatever it is) after her autopsy. It changed hands many times, and has been on display in some traveling carnivals over the years, finally ending up with my greatgrandfather, although he always said he found the letter above difficult to belive. I inherited the embryo when my father died, and not much happened for a couple of years except it kind of gave me the creeps to look at it.. I had to open it and put the contents into a new container because the seal on the old medical jar it was in had rotted away. The smell was horrible, I can say that. I wore rubber gloves because I didnt want to touch it.

Anyway, the first thing I noticed was that the embryo or whatever it is had righted itself. See, I didnt want to touch it when I transferred it, so it was upside down in the new container. But then two weeks later I noticed that it was rightside up again. How could it have moved? I noticed some other weird stuff happening and then when I compared notes with other family members I realized some weird stuff had happened to my dad that he never told me about. My mom divorced my dad but I never really knew why, but my aunt Lydia said it was because she was too unnerved by the thing in the jar. She said she dreamed about it and said it was squirming around in the jar AND in her mind and it scared her. Lydia she left my dad because he wouldnt get rid of it. I tried to call her to find out if this was true but she had moved out of state and would not return my calls. Then came the threads or webs or whatever they are. They are like transparent looking strands attached to the insides of the jar at the bottom like a nest or something. This is something new that wasn't mentioned by anyone in my family (the old jar I transferred it from didnt have any). Maybe they are just something natural growing in the jar along with it, but I have an eerie feeling I cant shake that it (the embryo)is somehow making these threads like some kind of nest or something.

I dont know when I next noticed it had moved, but eventually I got the creepy feeling it was watching me. It always seemed to be looking at me wherever I was in the room and I would get chills looking at it. I decided to try and experiment so I got a motion sensor and attached it to my digital camera and put the whole setup next to the jar. I put a clock next to it so I would know when it moved. You can see in the sequence of pictures what I recorded. I was right I guess but I wasnt happy about it.

This was when I decided it might be time to get rid of this thing. A few nights later I couldn't sleep and I swear I saw what I thought was a faint glow in the darkness at 4 in the morning and it was coming from the jar. I grabbed my camera and took another picture and you can see it here as well.

I felt a chill because I remembered my dad had said he thought it glowed sometimes, but he thought it was his imagination. After that I knew it had to go. I was definitely skeptical about this thing at first, as I said, because I had never seen a UFO or a ghost or anything else out of the ordinary. But maybe it just takes one time to make you belive in something strange and unusual could be going on.

Disclaimer: There is no such thing as ghosts or supernatural phenomena. Whatever this thing in a jar is, and whatever it does, I am sure it probably has some sort of rational explanation. I just want to be rid of it. If you decide to bid on this item, you agree to consider everything here, including text and the photographs above, as pure entertainment only. Please dont bid on this item if you have an overactive imagination, are easily frightened, faint of heart or are unfamiliar with or disturbed by supernatural events. This item is not suitable for children or the elderly. By bidding on this item, you agree to hold the seller blameless and free of all liability and warranty, either express or implied, in relation to this sale or any events happening after the sale that might be contributed to this embryo thing. This item may or may not possess supernatural powers that could affect or change your life. The seller makes no guarantees one way or another. By bidding in this auction you agree that you are bidding exclusively on the intrinsic value of the item itself as a curiosity or collectors item, without regard to the text or photos featured in this auction, and hold the seller harmless in regard to them and their impact or lack thereof. This item is heavy, and requires special shipping, so shipping fee will reflect that. Canister measures 9.5 inches tall by 7 inches wide. .

Winning bidder will pay for shipping and handling (to be determined). The embryo will be shipped via Priority Mail, insured. I accept Paypal or Money Orders and payment is due by 7 days after end of auction. Serious bidders only--deadbeat bidders will get negative feedback.

first3 pics

best pic

What a great story.

"Don't look Obdulla, it's too horrible! I believe he 'bouts to ask dat rubber girl to dance!"

Back