Therapy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyberVillain

Super Freak
Reaction score
If I've had a bad day, with maybe bad business relations, or bad productivity etc. Its very nice to come home to the "Shelf", maybe 5 minutes just stand there and look, maybe perfect a pose or something, its very good for the stress.

Do you guys feel the same?

:lol I have a comfy chair that just happens to be faced towards 'The Shelf' at my place. Once the kids have gone to bed and I need to take a few minutes to recover my breath after a full-on day, slouching back in the chair and taking in 'the awesomeness' really does clear my mind of things. It's one of the many returns I get from this hobby!

Heh, no, not really... A few months ago I set up my figures in shelves by the computer desk here and often I find myself, when stuck on a decision, just looking over and staring at them in thought, that's about all I could say. I don't think I'm getting any sort of 'relief' from them exactly but I suppose looking at them does kind of calm me just little, it allows me to step back from situations just a little somehow.

I do though have things that I do go for when I want to take away stress/irritation/etc, just not these figures. Listening to a certain podcast does this for me, even when it's an episode I've heard many times before.

If I've had a bad day, with maybe bad business relations, or bad productivity etc. Its very nice to come home to the "Shelf", maybe 5 minutes just stand there and look, maybe perfect a pose or something, its very good for the stress.

:clap:clap:goodpost::exactly::clap

soooooooooo agree with you man.

I get stressed when I try to move my figures (unless they are fairly cheap ones eg. hasbro) so trying to 'play' with them wouldn't be a good idea for me. However, there is a satisfaction when you finally get an awesome pose which can take the edge of a bad day so I understand what you mean. You aren't completely mad in thinking that.

They do act as therapy for e in a big way, only problem is that the irony is I think i may need therapy to kick the addiction as I need the "high" of something new... was a lot easier with 17 dollar DC Direct or NECA stuff.. more problematic with 100+ dollar stuff. I wish the brand new high on these things would last months not days. I always love them... but it's nothing like the brand new feeling...

They do act as therapy for e in a big way, only problem is that the irony is I think i may need therapy to kick the addiction as I need the "high" of something new... was a lot easier with 17 dollar DC Direct or NECA stuff.. more problematic with 100+ dollar stuff. I wish the brand new high on these things would last months not days. I always love them... but it's nothing like the brand new feeling...

:lecture

It's hard to relax when I look at my collection because I'm constantly thinking about my ongoing projects and the sheer amount of money invested in what's in front of me :lol

That being said...

I love looking at my collection. I spend a lot of time just taking it in, appreciating the aesthetic presence and fine details of the figures. Each piece evokes a different nostalgia-based emotion and I really dig it. :exactly:

Totally agree with most in here

I get alot of stress relief also from my room, when I have had a long hard stressful day at work I love just gazing at my units and taking in the sheer awesomeness of these pieces of art.

Ray never spoke a truer word, I so so wish the feeling lasted months and not days also, Landa took me 30 mins to display and now I have moved on some 2/3 days later :( :lol

Ray never spoke a truer word, I so so wish the feeling lasted months and not days also, Landa took me 30 mins to display and now I have moved on some 2/3 days later :( :lol

Yeah I'm with you on that one. For all the nightmares he gave me, John Connor was the best for that because once I set figs up I dont repose too much, or even take them off the shelf really. So the fact that he took an hour to get geared up was a great excuse to play :D

Actually debating on selling/trading him now...probably wont but I've been considering it.

I actually need therapy to get rid of the figure addiction, haha, I LOVE my figures and the hobby, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it is too much! haha. I spend more on the figures than on myself (tho' the figures are for me, but you get the idea). I always end up paying like $150 for a figure, and man, I don't even have a $150 jacket on my closet.

Deep down inside, I wish I never had come across this hobby, but I'm a junkie in crack baby, haha.

Now, if I was rich, then that's a totally different story. I would get ALL hot toys regardless if I like it or not, just because I can, haha.

Agree i feel ya i do the same thing , im like a predator looking at skulls

I actually need therapy to get rid of the figure addiction, haha, I LOVE my figures and the hobby, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it is too much! haha. I spend more on the figures than on myself (tho' the figures are for me, but you get the idea). I always end up paying like $150 for a figure, and man, I don't even have a $150 jacket on my closet.

Deep down inside, I wish I never had come across this hobby, but I'm a junkie in crack baby, haha.

Now, if I was rich, then that's a totally different story. I would get ALL hot toys regardless if I like it or not, just because I can, haha.

Same here... I would be one well-dress mofo if I spent some of my figure money on my wardrobe! It's time I funneled some of that cash into a new pair of jeans, but there's always one more awesome figure I need to get first. DX04 - then a new pair of jeans, I promise!

I find my best relaxation device to be my dogs. Sitting with them and petting them while I tell them about my day is a proven stress reliever. Then I go play with the toys...PS

Same here... I would be one well-dress mofo if I spent some of my figure money on my wardrobe! It's time I funneled some of that cash into a new pair of jeans, but there's always one more awesome figure I need to get first. DX04 - then a new pair of jeans, I promise!

Don't lie to yourself, you know you are not going to buy new pair of jeans, haha.

I don't think of it as therapy, more like getting my
fix of creative juices. I have to be creative to be
happy in my life and I get that feeling in anything
creative I do. Weather it's custom figures, writing
music, writing screenplays or yes, even sex,
they all can fill that gap or need.

Though I read many medical journals saying basically
that's the same as therapy.
It can be an emotional healing or a tool to expand
the mind. Either way, if it helps you, do it.

:clap

Back