The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a strange show. Right now I’d say thumbs in the middle maybe slightly pointing towards disappointing.

This WM is the “ Let’s change plans at the last minute to prove all the rumors and predictions wrong by the internet and Social Media.. ppv “

It’s Vince giving the middle finger to the fans :lecture

I loved it. It wasn't perfect but I haven't seen a WWE PPV come close to achieving that description in, well, forever.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved it. It wasn't perfect but I haven't seen a WWE PPV come close to achieving that description in, well, forever.

Rousey's debut was probably my favourite moment of the night. She kicked ass, and that match as a whole exceeded my expectations. I also revel in any opportunity to watch Angle wrestle again, even if his athletic abilities are nowhere near what they once were. It was a thoroughly fun match.

Asuka and Charlotte was probably my favourite match of the night, with Charlotte going over being my biggest surprise. I was disappointed but it had to happen at some point, and better now than waiting a year for Ronda to end her streak (which was what was originally rumoured), which would have undoubtedly harmed Asuka's momentum. Neither Asuka nor Charlotte faltered once in that match and, had it gone on a bit longer, it could have been a match of the year candidate.

Styles and Nakamura, while a solid bout, failed to live up to the hype. It's the latter's heel turn that will be most memorable, I think.

The Universal Title finish was surprising but I don't think that it necessarily indicates a contract extension for Lesnar. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, tomorrow on Raw, Lesnar relinquishes the title and formally announces his retirement, whether temporarily or not. He has no viable challengers left.

WrestleMania's biggest detriment was its length. At 7+ hours including the pre-show, I was exhausted by the end of it all, which is a shame because there were matches that I think could have garnered a better reaction had they been shown earlier. Take Alexa vs. Nia, for example. I thought it was a great angle and was eager to see its payoff but found my attention waning by that point. Or Styles vs. Nakamura; I mean, it wasn't wise on WWE's part to place such a lengthy rest hold in a match of that esteem so far up the card. Then again, that was probably Vince sending a big FU to the wrestling smarks in attendance and viewership.

You need to put spoilers..lots of people probably haven’t followed SM or haven’t watched the ppv yet ..sorry pal

Spoiler Spoiler:

QUOTE=canuck;9732280]No problem! Sorry about that. I've edited my posts.[/QUOTE]

No prob..I knew what already happened but I didn’t want you to get bonehead replies from others who complain about spoilers so soon :wave

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

^

That was my thought as well. Rollins is clearly a fan of GoT ("The Kingslayer" nickname and now this).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back