The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty decent WM this year. They went more flashy then last year IMO. Maybe because it was AT&T stadium in Dallas.

Don't know why they gave Ryder the IC title. Jericho winning makes no sense since he's leaving again. The Women's title could've went either way.

Shaq was a huge surprise. The Rock segment was way too late, but good to see Cena again. Wyatts need a new gimmick.

Brock sucked

Shane was great as I thought

Main event ..whatever I don't care as long as we have a different champ, even if it is Reigns again

Austin, Foley, Michaels was great

Did not really enjoy Wrestlemania to be honest. NXT Takeover was much better in my opinion. Although I really liked seeing Stone Cold, HBK and Foley get physical in the ring once again.

I thought WM was OK. Shane is bat**** crazy. And his kids were right there watching him! WHY??? I was with the audience that was chanting, "please don't jump!" Damn.

Women's match was good, AJ/Jericho match was good, ladder match was really good. I wanted Zayn to win the ladder match also, but couldn't help but feel happy for Ryder after all he's been through to get there. This was his equivalent of winning the world championship with confetti falling into the ring at the end of the show. Nothing else jumps out at me. I missed the legends getting involved with New Day, so will have to re-watch that part. I thought the Rock/Cena thing was a nice bone for those who are fans of those guys. But I didn't care. I've been sick of Rock's schtick for awhile now.

I think AJ losing could make sense, if the Bullet Club is arriving tomorrow night, and his loss plays into it. Similarly, Vince could see how hard Shane worked, and the cojones he still has, and use that as a justification for giving him Raw despite the loss.

I also saw Takeover tonight (was watching on laptop as WM was on TV), and agree that that was a phenomenal show. Nakamura started with probably the best possible opponent for him in the company, though. I don't think anyone healthy at WWE is better at telling an in-ring story than those two guys, including Samoa Joe, Owens, Styles, etc. Also enjoyed the women's match and main event, as well as everything else really. Aries was wrestling like a big man there, and was believable!

So, this hype for Nakamura, and going into Wrestlemania made me sign up for a free trial month of the Network so this is the first Mania I've seen in quite a while, and it was pretty entertaining. The first half, through the women's match was cool, but the later matches were. . . not as entertaining. I don't get why the women don't tie their hair back. It's got to be hard to wrestle with all that hair flying around.

It was cool to see The Rock again, but I assume his movie career prevents him from being more active in the ring, things like his insurance and whatnot probably don't allow him to do stunts. I'm pretty sure Baywatch is still filming so he can't do anything slightly dangerous. But it was still pretty funny to see him rip his pants off, with his trunks on underneath. I feel like Wrestlemania is booked for the folks that only tune in once a year, like me, so they can see guys like Rock, Foley, HBK and Austin come in and beat on the bad guys. So, it buries the new talent, and makes it entertaining for the nostalgia crowd.

It's hard to watch Taker still wrestle, with his half-bald head and slightly long hair, the way it curls at the end, make him look weird. . . I don't know, it just makes me think of Stuart from MadTV, "Let me do it".

I thought it was really dumb for Shane to go up top and totally miss Taker. I guess it would hurt both guys more if Shane connected, it just sucks to not have that sort of thing pay off. Not that I thought Shane would win and thus take over, as he has a totally separate job now, right? It's just strange to book an angle like that, and just be like "Welp, Shane lost so he goes away again. . . " what was the point of that?

Wrestlemania was pretty much what I thought it would be. Knew reigns would win and that it would be a mediocre match at best. Even with stone cold, hbk and foley coming out, I never had that wow moment. Shane jumping from the top of the cage was risky, but it was better when foley did it. I really enjoyed takeover, except when the kept stopping to wipe the blood of joes face. Really stopped momentum for what was otherwise a good match.

The best thing for creative to do right now is to make Reigns a heel champ, just not with the Aurthority ..on his own, because the fans already turned against him

Or have him face a worthy opponent at ER. I'm thinking if the Goldberg rumors are true..just maybe lol

Another good move is for Ryder to open an IC open title challenge on Raw tonight and have Styles or Zayn win the belt.

More than likely Sasha will be # one contender for the Women's title for ER unless Bayley shows up on Raw and issues a challenge to Charlotte

Funny, I told my wife right after Ryder won, that he'll probably lose the title tonight :lol

I didn't even mention the main event on my post from last night because I didn't feel it was even worth commenting on. Not remotely surprising, in either execution or in how it ended. I just kind of watched with a feeling of inevitability, and when it ended I felt nothing really. I don't care about the title at this point. NXT? Yes.

Funny, I told my wife right after Ryder won, that he'll probably lose the title tonight :lol

That wouldn't be very shocking. Ryder wouldn't have even been in the match if Neville hadn't gotten injured. I could see Owens getting it back again and then setting up a program with Zayn heading to Extreme Rules.

Pretty decent WM this year. They went more flashy then last year IMO. Maybe because it was AT&T stadium in Dallas.

Don't know why they gave Ryder the IC title. Jericho winning makes no sense since he's leaving again. The Women's title could've went either way.

Shaq was a huge surprise. The Rock segment was way too late, but good to see Cena again. Wyatts need a new gimmick.

Brock sucked

Shane was great as I thought

Main event ..whatever I don't care as long as we have a different champ, even if it is Reigns again

Austin, Foley, Michaels was great

The Wyatts are lame, every time I see Bray all I see is a glorified Mideon LOL

That wouldn't be very shocking. Ryder wouldn't have even been in the match if Neville hadn't gotten injured. I could see Owens getting it back again and then setting up a program with Zayn heading to Extreme Rules.

I think Creative panicked a little that everyone was speculating all the results early on the week the WM. Not just fans, but professional leaks were being addressed as well. A lot of these outcomes last night were last minute changes. you can tell.

Ryder winning..because his dad was invited to WM

Barry Corbin winning because speculation was Henry winning and retirement

Charolette retaining because fans wanted Sasha

Rock doing a Wyatt promo, instead of supporting Reigns because they didn't want the fans disapprove

Cena coming out for Rock instead of the Taker match because they didn't want to disclose the Cena/ Taker retirement match next WM yet.

Y2J winning because people knew he was leaving again

Changing back to the Women's title because Brie is retiring and Nikki is still out

The list goes on and on.

Roman getting boooooed out the building

Didnt last but 2 minutes and 10 words before being cut off by several lightweight intercontennental belt contenders , what a joke

Im not a bad guy, im not a good guy, i am the guy

Probably took a team of 10 wwe script writters to come up with that just for him to remember it and say it live , oh and to wait by the corner and then spear jerco

Good show tonight. I liked the debuts and the main event was really good. Still makes me wonder why AJ couldn't have gone over last night.

Why in the hell are the Colons getting another repackaging? I figured they would have gotten future endeavored at his point.

Enzo & Cass were over big with post-Mania crowd. I hope it continues.

Another good Raw tonight. Owens/Cesaro and Zayn/AJ were both great matches. Storylines moved forward and things made sense. Hopefully they keep the momentum going into next week.

Back