The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vince would never do it, be he should let Paul Heyman call the shots. The guy has a fantastic wrestling mind and knows what to do for the fans. I think it was ECW that caused the birth of the Attitude era. Between WWE, WCW, and ECW wrestlers had options and a chance to build a name and a following. Now there is basically just WWE and you bend to their will or go bag groceries.

WWE Creative is also rumored to be filled with failed soap opera & Hollywood writers as opposed to former wrestlers and bookers who "know" the business so there's a failure on that part.

That is the only way to get a creative writing job with WWE. I remember looking on there corporate site and they listed the requirements one needed to be a writer. Must have prior TV writing experience. Just terrible. These writers should all be fired, bring in someone who knows the business or just have HHH or the writer for NXT book the show and let the guys speak from there mind, not from a card.

93-96 was probably worst.

Some classic matches during that period, but probably so.

I'm miss CM Punk... :( lol.

I don't. He can stay gone.

Vince would never do it, be he should let Paul Heyman call the shots. The guy has a fantastic wrestling mind and knows what to do for the fans. I think it was ECW that caused the birth of the Attitude era. Between WWE, WCW, and ECW wrestlers had options and a chance to build a name and a following. Now there is basically just WWE and you bend to their will or go bag groceries.

Vince is jealous of Paul because arguably Paul knows how to book a show bette than Vince ever did. Smackdown killed Raw when Paul was booking it.

I just wonder how long this rodeo is going to last. WWE will eventually crash and burn if they don't change their act. They have nearly lost me as a viewer several times in the last year.

Oh and by the way, everybody watch Braun Strowman now, because in 10-15 years he's gonna be the next Big Show/Kane of the WWE, and he'll probably end up fat just like Show did. This is assuming he takes off and WWE continues to resign him.

Last edited:
I've stopped watching regularly, only change to it occasionally during commercials or if I have absolutely nothing else to do on Monday night....

It's really unfortunate to see how bad the WWE has become. As long as Vince call the shots, things won't really get better. He really needs to step aside cause he's definitely out of touch. At least NXT is great. You would think with the NXT talent they have, Vince would really push them to boost the main roster. However Vince is too stubborn in his ways now and refuses to push the newer talent.

It's really unfortunate to see how bad the WWE has become. As long as Vince call the shots, things won't really get better. He really needs to step aside cause he's definitely out of touch. At least NXT is great. You would think with the NXT talent they have, Vince would really push them to boost the main roster. However Vince is too stubborn in his ways now and refuses to push the newer talent.

They ruined Kevin Owens. He should have taken the US title from Cena and never lost. Have him take out Cena and give Cena the break he asked for. Let Owens keep the title through Mania where a returning Cena comes back. Everyone thinks Cena will win... but nope... have Owens go over again. Easy to build stars.

They ruined Kevin Owens. He should have taken the US title from Cena and never lost. Have him take out Cena and give Cena the break he asked for. Let Owens keep the title through Mania where a returning Cena comes back. Everyone thinks Cena will win... but nope... have Owens go over again. Easy to build stars.
:exactly:Owens is an amazing talent who should be pushed all the way, along with the other NXT call ups. It's really mind boggling that NXT/WWE has one of the best rosters since the ruthless aggression era, and yet Vince doesn't do much with them. The ratings for Raw are so bad. How much deeper does the WWE want to fall, till they finally wake up and turn it around. Right now Raw is starting to feel more and more like the last years of WCW.:monkey4

I've stopped watching regularly, only change to it occasionally during commercials or if I have absolutely nothing else to do on Monday night....

I have too. I catch up mostly through websites and columns on lordsofpain.net

Now this is coming from someone who has booed and hated on Cena several times in the past, but with so much talent out with injuries and very few good talkers, I kinda miss Cena. Guess you don't know what you have till it's gone. Though looking at the facts, Cena is far from the worst in-ring performer on the roster.

Now this is coming from someone who has booed and hated on Cena several times in the past, but with so much talent out with injuries and very few good talkers, I kinda miss Cena. Guess you don't know what you have till it's gone. Though looking at the facts, Cena is far from the worst in-ring performer on the roster.

Most "smart" WWE fans have respected Cena as carrying that torch in recent years as THE top WWE guy...even if they don't care for his character (which I don't). I haven't been impressed with his ring ability but he's definitely far from being the worst in the ring. Also, he's put over A LOT of talent recently like Kevin Owens, CM Punk, and even Del Rio.

The problem is that even throughout the past years, WWE hasn't allowed or had anyone who reaches that "level". Even during the peak Attitude Era years, there were MULTIPLE top-tier guys (Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, and Triple H to name a few) who could constantly feud amongst themselves and you could FEEL it was a big deal. None of that now...and anytime anyone moved up, WWE would smash them down or tarnish them with horrible writing and/or backstage politics (CM Punk). Dolph Ziggler is a guy that WWE has crapped on for years...in year's past...he'd be in WCW right now. But there's no where to go and TNA is barely any competition.

We need Vince to retire. Right now, I'm curious to see what Triple H could do running the WWE. He's not going to question or challenge his Father-in-law. He also is apparently in "full control" of NXT and you hear great news about how NXT is doing...

Yeah, Cena has worked his ass off, and I'm sure he has massively over dosed on steroids to keep coming back so soon from injuries. He's probably a physical wreck now, and that's going to only get worse when he reaches retirement age. Poor bastard wrecked himself, for nice paychecks, but also for the fans. It was mostly WWE not allowing others to be genuinely pushed more than anything else that worked against Cena in the eyes of fans. But it's also true that few have really belonged in that spot, and that's partly WWE's fault and party the fault of guys just not clicking. Bryan earned it and deserved it, but for the damn injuries. I'm not 100% sure Punk totally deserved the top spot, but he deserved the massive push that he got. WWE could have done a better job in terms of giving him legit opponents to beat I guess, but what are you gonna do? The only legit opponents they had were Cena, Undertaker, Lesnar, and briefly, Rock.

You know things are bad in WWE when someone like Stone Cold or Jim Ross voice their frustrations about the product. Mick Foley was on Stone Cold's recent podcast and they talk about their issues with WWE.

Was watching the re-run, it's been a long while since I've smiled watching RAW....

089_RAW_12072015cm_0725-531306235.jpg

new-day-team-bad.gif

The triple threat ladder match at TLC was SICK!!! :horror:yess::clap

Ohhhhhh! I thought this thread was about something, or someone else. Nevermind, carry on.

You can see the amount of replies and the thread start date, but you thought it was about me? How smart are you?

WM32 is shaping up be awful unfortunately. The injuries really have hurt the product. Royal Rumble won't be anything special. I predict a returning Triple H to win and go into WrestleMania as champion. Owens/Sheamus will eliminate Lesnar, setting up a match. I also think we see a few debuts.

Edit: Nevermind about Jeff Hardy returning, I thought he wasn't under contract with TNA.... he still is sadly....

O
You can see the amount of replies and the thread start date, but you thought it was about me? How smart are you?

WM32 is shaping up be awful unfortunately. The injuries really have hurt the product. Royal Rumble won't be anything special. I predict a returning Triple H to win and go into WrestleMania as champion. Owens/Sheamus will eliminate Lesnar, setting up a match. I also think we see a few debuts.

Edit: Nevermind about Jeff Hardy returning, I thought he wasn't under contract with TNA.... he still is sadly....

Obviously I was just kidding around, as this thread has been here long before you ever joined. Though I have to say, when I see this thread I think of you first, rather than its intended subject matter. So I guess you've had an impact here.

Back