The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what really happened with the Rock last night? My wife says he tweeted that it was injury.

On RAW they said he had torn his abdomen muscle during the match, and then later i read on a site he had gotten a hernia also, but he doesn't want surgery for because it would delay the shoot of Hercules.

In my opinion, i feel the more the Rock returns the more he tarnishes what it was i loved about him. His promos have been mostly so-so, in ring he seems quite dull and his whole Championship reign felt like a money-spinning farce.

Brock vs HHH then Rock vs Cena. The 2 matches repeat so don't keep watching after those two.

Does Lesnar know this isnt real?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZjEnfl0lDY[/ame]

Last edited:
Wow Lesnar smashed Michaels in the face with some force, i wondered how difficult it can be for Brock to reign it in after being in the mind set of UFC.

Wow Lesnar smashed Michaels in the face with some force, i wondered how difficult it can be for Brock to reign it in after being in the mind set of UFC.
It was maybe planned on behalf of Brock. Theres a bunch of guys who despise HBK and would love to smash him in the face. Brock had the perfect chance to do it and get away with it. It could of been an "accident", Vince cant release Brock and its not like HBK could kick his *** in a fight for payback. Tons of ex WWE wrestlers HBK buried will be rejoicing.

Fandango is the serious version of Brodus Clay and it's done right. Hope it doesn't end up like D Bry and Ryder. People are loving the gimmick but if the E decides they should hate it they'll force it. Like they did by changing D Bry's "YES! YES! YES!" to "NO! NO! NO!" and Ryder wasn't supposed to be popular so they took his webseries, canned it, had him humiliated at 'Mania and now he was sitting in a locker, not even inside the dressing room. (https://instagram.com/p/X0JD8NS7v5/#) I feel bad for Ryder. He's even got tights begging for the E to push him disguised as a "gaming themes outfit".

1.jpg

Ryder annoys me, when he first did his web show i watched quite often, just to see what he would try and get away with.

He pushed against the WWE to get noticed and it worked, they seemed to react in a punishing way as if to send note to the others that no one acts with out them saying so, and his rebellious little videos soon became corperate and rather than carry on taking a stand he sat down and went with orders.

He was asking for the 'Internet Championship' to be defended at WM against Ziggler, now look, Zachs sat in a locker while Dolph holds the World title above his head.

Best thing for Ryder is to lose that stupid gimmick he is stuck in, man up and stop doing stupid music videos, his twitter is full of begging to buy his dumb 'song', his ship sailed and i doubt if TNA would even find use for him.

Last edited:
Best thing for Ryder is to lose that stupid gimmick he is stuck in, man up and stop doing stupid music videos
100%

If CM Punk hadnt done the whole " ive been pandering to the WWE universe for far too long and look where its got me " kinda thing id of said it would of been perfect for Ryder. Shave his head, less of the colourful tights and shades. No more smiling, roll up pins holding the tights and bad guy music.

He got himself noticed but hes not taken it to the next step.

Ryder annoys me, when he first did his web show i watched quite often, just to see what he would try and get away with.

He pushed against the WWE to get noticed and it worked, they seemed to react in a punishing way as if to send note to the others that no one acts with out them saying so, and his rebellious little videos soon became corperate and rather than carry on taking a stand he sat down and went with orders.

He was asking for the 'Internet Championship' to be defended at WM against Ziggler, now look, Zachs sat in a locker while Dolph holds the World title above his head.

Best thing for Ryder is to lose that stupid gimmick he is stuck in, man up and stop doing stupid music videos, his twitter is full of begging to buy his dumb 'song', his ship sailed and i doubt if TNA would even find use for him.

Yup, agreed. Zach Ryder needs a new gimmick. None of this Long Island Iced Z crap.

I would even wager to say that Fandango has POTENTIAL, but his short-coming will be this ridiculous "Dancing with the Stars" gimmick.

There's always a gimmick that helps capture the ATTENTION of the audience, but a wrestler isn't elevated up until he starts to at least be serious. And that takes a serious gimmick most of the time.

Mark Henry got his long-awaited push and World Title with his serious "Hall of Pain" gimmick after getting attention as Sexual Chocolate.

John Cena started getting more shots and World Titles once he evolved the "Thugonomics" character into the Fruity Pebbles he is now.

Triple H dropped the "goofy" DX and evolved into The Game after becoming a Corporate heel. World Titles followed after that. Granted, it did help he was banging the boss's daughter.

Edge morphed into the "Rated R Superstar" after his comedic, yet epic run alongside Christian in the tag team division and finally saw some main event gold.

Even The Rock had to get past his midcard upbringing as "Rocky Maivia" and really found his stride when he turned into The Rock after joining the Nation of Domination.

Fandango, Zach Ryder, Brodus Clay and I'd even say some guys like Kofi Kingston need some reworking to be taken seriously and elevated up. WWE can't rely on the same rotating circle of heroes and villains.

Exactly,

Some mid-card seem to expect to be given the ball and allowed to run with it, without giving it a serious amount of work, like Ryder.

Creating a Youtube show to get you noticed is fine in a fairly overflowing mid-card roster, and it worked. Expecting said Youtube success to automatically make you a top guy and deserving of a WM match, not so much.

One guy who has a fair amount of issues and needs a reboot of sorts is Mr. Bland himself, Randy Orton.
He seems to run on auto-pilot most nights, even when he's at his favoured heel state he gets monotomous after his first promo and everyone gets bored again.

Yeah, but. . .I'm not sure that "Rocky Maivia" captured the audiences attention in any way :lol

Seems like Orton keeps doing crap behind the scenes that keep him from being a major star as he used to be.

Yeah, but. . .I'm not sure that "Rocky Maivia" captured the audiences attention in any way :lol

Seems like Orton keeps doing crap behind the scenes that keep him from being a major star as he used to be.

They actually gave Rocky the IC title when he was a young face and that didn't help. From what I hear, it was Rocky's idea to turn heel and WWE Creative went with it and it's history from there.

This PG Era is pathetic...I don't know who Vince is catering to...the kids? Stockholders? Linda's constant political campaigns?

Constantly bringing in Attitude Era stars for Wrestlemania is not going to save the WWE. Yes, Wrestlemania 30 is coming up but the WWE team needs to sit down and do some long term planning and development.

Dolph Ziggler is World Champ, but who cares? Ask the casual fan if they know who Ziggler is I doubt they will. I don't even care for him. I know he's a workhorse and has busted his chops, but there is no INVESTMENT in him like there was in the guys from year's ago.

Orton needs to be turned heel. His look, attitude and character are anti-hero (like Austin), but he's always done better as a bad guy. Keep him that way.

I was at ringside for WWE last night, Shield VS New Age Outlaws was the main event. It was awesome.

Back