The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If not for the rise of Stone Cold WCW would have won that war IMO. Bischoff fired Austin and after a brief stint in EVE he went to the WWE. WWE tried to screw it up after the Ringmaster gimmick failed by naming Austin Ice Dagger or Otto Von Ruthless. If they had done that it would have surpassed the great WCW debut of the Shockmaster.

DX was far more HBK than HHH.
No matter how stupid the gimmick, Austin wouldn't have tripped over his feet and looked like an ******* a la Shockmaster :lol

WCW dug its own grave IMO, by allowing the talent (i.e., Hogan, Nash, Jarrett) and Russo to have too much influence on the creative side of things. Of course, the phenomenon of Stone Cold and then the Rock certainly pushed it over the edge, but the direction WCW started going in the late '90s could not have ended well without a major sea change in the creative department IMO. The guys they had that could have allowed them to win that "war"--Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho--were pushed out because of their frustration at the behind the scenes politics and clueless writers.

No matter how stupid the gimmick, Austin wouldn't have tripped over his feet and looked like an ******* a la Shockmaster :lol

WCW dug its own grave IMO, by allowing the talent (i.e., Hogan, Nash, Jarrett) and Russo to have too much influence on the creative side of things. Of course, the phenomenon of Stone Cold and then the Rock certainly pushed it over the edge, but the direction WCW started going in the late '90s could not have ended well without a major sea change in the creative department IMO. The guys they had that could have allowed them to win that "war"--Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho--were pushed out because of their frustration at the behind the scenes politics and clueless writers.

Kara's right, Nash and Hogan, and Russo with their creative control killed the company. nWo got played out, Goldberg got injured, and all the talent left for WWF. The punctuation was david arcquette winning the title :slap

But it did give us this gem :clap fwd to 5:25:

One of the best reads for wrestling fans is "death of WCW". So crazy how bad it was behind the scenes.

Amazon.com: The Death of WCW (9781770411760): R.D. Reynolds, Bryan Alvarez: Books

Hahaha Shockmaster is the BEST!!

Number 2 is the YEETTTTTTAAAHAHHH!!!

Oh **** yeah. One of my favorite, most memorable moments in the history of pro wrestling. I still remember the night that happened. God bless you, Yetay, wherever you are. . .and whether you are a mummy, a giant ninja, or something else.

Luger's off-screen heel turn is also pretty great :lol

Does this look like the kind of guy who could kill his girlfriend?

0.jpg

OK, never mind. Does this?

wwe-jimmy-snuka.jpg

Hahaha Shockmaster is the BEST!!

Number 2 is the YEETTTTTTAAAHAHHH!!!

Ah yes, Ron Reis and the infamous double bear hug that looked a little.....odd. :lol

Does this look like the kind of guy who could kill his girlfriend?

0.jpg

OK, never mind. Does this?

wwe-jimmy-snuka.jpg

Of course not, he's just an average man who made a mistake when he pushed her.

Yeah I heard about that. Poor guy, shouldn't have to wrestle anymore and now probably won't... along with all the other old timers.

The thing that sucks is how WWE is using him. Why even bother if he's not going to have one win. They are destroying his legacy.

Total BS. Sting the jobber and now he could potentially be done. Thanks, WWE.

I mean I can understand WWE not wanting to take a chance with a titleless Rollins (or a champion Sting...imagine that) but at least have him win his ****ing wrestlemania match.

Back