The Willow Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random thought I know: But does Sideshow have a credit card? There's so much I want to get for my collection, but being a broke bitca doesn't help my case :rotfl

really is it that nice? i'm just so put off by the cheesy outfit/attitude.. but is the sculpt/paint worth it?> help me, i'm so on the fence

Yeah, she really is that nice. She is definitely one of those statues that you must own in person to understand.

Random thought I know: But does Sideshow have a credit card? There's so much I want to get for my collection, but being a broke bitca doesn't help my case :rotfl

Ha, that would be nice but um, a very bad idea. We'd all be in super amounts of debt. :D

Yeah, as BG said, this piece really is that nice, IMO. I mentioned it earlier but the paint apps on this far exceed the Slayer on the Throne as well. I was photograghing both the other day, and such a big difference in the 'cleanness' of the lines between the two. Dont get me wrong Buffy looks great, but my DSLR really brought forth some of the over-paint areas, sloppiness, etc. that the normal eye doesn't see. I noticed very little on Willow. The color of the lips on Willow may be a little 'meh', but thats the biggest thing I can complain about. I wish the Buffy piece had that kind of QC. And it goes without mentioning, but I think the Willow face sculpt is far superior in likeness to the Buffy counterpart.

You're right Chap. The paint app is much better on Willow. That doesn't mean I'm okay with the lip color. They failed majorly there. The rest of it though..just amazing!

We definitely can agree that this piece looks like Willow. Unlike our Buffy. I'm sorry to the artist who sculpted Buffy, but he/she was the wrong choice to go with. And this is why I believe that at the end of it all, we need a new slayer done, and it needs to be done by Trevor so we can have that spot on Buffy before this line ends. I think after this, we wont see anything else from ssc.

To anyone who is considering this piece but is unsure. Go for the regular for cheaper, just to be safe. But I think you'll really appreciate her. And you'll have a Willow that actually looks like Willow.

You're right Chap. The paint app is much better on Willow. That doesn't mean I'm okay with the lip color. They failed majorly there. The rest of it though..just amazing!

We definitely can agree that this piece looks like Willow. Unlike our Buffy. I'm sorry to the artist who sculpted Buffy, but he/she was the wrong choice to go with. And this is why I believe that at the end of it all, we need a new slayer done, and it needs to be done by Trevor so we can have that spot on Buffy before this line ends. I think after this, we wont see anything else from ssc.

To anyone who is considering this piece but is unsure. Go for the regular for cheaper, just to be safe. But I think you'll really appreciate her. And you'll have a Willow that actually looks like Willow.

Agreed and agreed! :lecture :lecture

Sounds bad, but I'm falling out of love with the Throne piece. I like it, but when Willow starts to steal the show between the two, something is wrong. :lol. (I mean that in a nice way, of course.). Buffy should be the 'spotlight' of the line and right now, she's not, IMO. Willow came out better and I can only imagine getting Faith in-hand.

Agreed and agreed! :lecture :lecture

Sounds bad, but I'm falling out of love with the Throne piece. I like it, but when Willow starts to steal the show between the two, something is wrong. :lol. (I mean that in a nice way, of course.). Buffy should be the 'spotlight' of the line and right now, she's not, IMO. Willow came out better and I can only imagine getting Faith in-hand.

You're not wrong at all. If her paint app hadn't been so dull, and she actually looked like smg, then I think we wouldn't be saying this.

Still waiting for my tracking #. :gah: This wait is killing me! Especially after seeing Chap's awesome photos :clap. I'll post some of mine when she gets here, but they won't compare.

Boy this was an expensive month, though. First Gollum, then Willow, and then the deposit for Spike. Color me broke for a while. Anybody need a kidney?:monkey3

Still waiting for my tracking #. :gah: This wait is killing me! Especially after seeing Chap's awesome photos :clap. I'll post some of mine when she gets here, but they won't compare.

Boy this was an expensive month, though. First Gollum, then Willow, and then the deposit for Spike. Color me broke for a while. Anybody need a kidney?:monkey3

Thanks for the kind words. :1-1:

Glad you got one! As for the pics, I'm still trying to figure out how you photographed the 'Throne of the Slayer' so well. I don't know why but I'm having lighting issues with that one and my pics....well, suck compared to yours. :lol

Keep us updated. :rock

Will do. It's funny, I was just looking back over the Throne of the Slayer thread. I can't believe it's been a full year since we got that one until we finally get Willow. But judging from what I've seen so far in photos, it was worth the wait. And I'll do my best not to disappoint with my Willow photos :D.

Just got a chance to open this piece and WOW:thud::thud:
it is amazing!!!
Best piece in the Buffy polystone line (sorry Throne of Slayer :monkey3)

Just got a chance to open this piece and WOW:thud::thud:
it is amazing!!!
Best piece in the Buffy polystone line (sorry Throne of Slayer :monkey3)

CONGRATS!!! :rock

And I agree with you about the Throne, sadly. :( I think these new pieces in the line (those that we are seeing/will see) are going to put that one to shame eventually.

Even though I still don't have mine yet :monkey1, I'd have a hard time imagining that it is better than the Throne. That is still one of my top five favorite Sideshow pieces.

But, we'll see how I react when mine gets here (hopefully this week :impatient:).

Even though I still don't have mine yet :monkey1, I'd have a hard time imagining that it is better than the Throne. That is still one of my top five favorite Sideshow pieces.

But, we'll see how I react when mine gets here (hopefully this week :impatient:).

I thought the same thing, and seriously, it's that much nice IMO. The paint app. is much, much, MUCH 'cleaner.' (as in night and day between this and the Throne.) The likeness in the face sculpt is there, and the attention to detail on this one takes any 'titles' away from the throne. There so much detail, down to the wax dripping down from the candle.

I don't want to hype it too much and have it be a letdown. Get this one in and you'll see, RB. :rock

It's true RD. The Throne is great. The actual throne part of it. But when you compare the statues, Buffy's lacks big time compared to Willows.

It's true RD. The Throne is great. The actual throne part of it. But when you compare the statues, Buffy's lacks big time compared to Willows.

As much as I trust your opinion on all things Buffy, I'm still going to be stubborn and refuse to acknowledge the fall of the Slayer (at least until I actually have my Willow statue ;)).

Back