The Will Smith slaps Chris Rock thread - plus Sam Jackson gets his Oscar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That slap was as real as this one. It was a staged bit between the two of them.

25892790.gif

He hasn't been on since Wednesday, his status says banned and his profile page doesn't exist.
I skirt the line with my bants and blogposting yet I'm still here, so he must've done something even wilder to get the hammer.

59b1c3acd68d8a1aa6e87b2fb3043367.gif

Oh, yeah, slap. Yay, out of touch self-important rich "entertainers" pretend to have things like "honour" and "respect".

giphy.gif

Cuck Willy has no image left.

That slap was as real as this one. It was a staged bit between the two of them.
Obviously I don't know what's in the head of any of these Hollywood nutjobs but I think that if it was staged then Smith wouldn't have laughed at the joke. Looked to me like a previously humiliated man who saw an impromptu opportunity to show a woman who doesn't respect him that he's a badass.

Last edited:
If I was Will Smith, I would have gotten my family together and just got up and left. Your power in this life is to walk away from anything.
I don't think he needed to let Rock's joke end the entire evening for them but if he had simply stood up and shouted "Too far! NOT funny!" and then sat back down it would have gotten the point across, put Rock in his place, and allowed him and his wife to still enjoy the evening with a shred of decorum.

I still think Jada should have just owned the flattering GI Jane reference. She could have winked at Rock and made like she was shooting him with her finger and come across as a confident and badass woman.

I don't think he needed to let Rock's joke end the entire evening for them but if he had simply stood up and shouted "Too far! NOT funny!" and then sat back down it would have gotten the point across, put Rock in his place, and allowed him and his wife to still enjoy the evening with a shred of decorum.

I still think Jada should have just owned the flattering GI Jane reference. She could have winked at Rock and made like she was shooting him with her finger and come across as a confident and badass woman.
/\THIS 100%/\

Chris Rock has nothing to apologize for. He was just doing what he does. Comedians are supposed to go after other people's flaws and shortcomings. If Jada has anything to be ashamed of its her personal life. Clearly Will Smith hates his life but can't bring himself to do what needs to be done.

Obviously I don't know what's in the head of any of these Hollywood nutjobs but I think that if it was staged then Smith wouldn't have laughed at the joke. Looked to me like a previously humiliated man who saw an impromptu opportunity to show a woman who doesn't respect him that he's a badass.
Yeah, that's all true. I still love it tho.

Crazy that the show opened with Amy Schumer telling her two black co-hosts "I'm here to represent white ladies who call the police when the two of you get too loud."

Fast forward to WHAM and "TAKE MY WIFE'S NAME OUT YO ****ING MOUF!"

Represent! *pounds chest twice*

Chris Rock has nothing to apologize for. He was just doing what he does. Comedians are supposed to go after other people's flaws and shortcomings.
It can be a fine line -- I don't actually think Rock crossed it. The joke had no real teeth.

I can think of a couple of comics I've seen in real life that deserved to get Chris-slapped because they went after people with no power or were simply offensive rather than satirical or funny. But this wasn't one of those cases.

Imagine what the internet's response would have been had it not been another black dude that assaulted Chris Rock in response to a joke about his wife...

af644b9b-859d-49b5-8f1a-8014dffa409c_text.gif

79974a3c5f6dad138a252ed9783ddd43_w200.gif

Hollywood is very woke and this could have all spun out even uglier if Jada Pinkett was white, or if Will Smith was white and known as a Conservative or if Chris Rock was LGBT or a woman.

Straight white guy hitting a straight black guy at the Oscars? ( Are we going to pretend that a situation like that isn't a whole other different animal?)

Straight known Conservative hitting a well known liberal person at the Oscars? ( Are we going to pretend that a situation like that isn't a whole other different animal?)

Straight white guy hitting gay black guy at the Oscars? ( Are we going to pretend that a situation like that isn't a whole other different animal?)

Two straight black guys fighting over the honor of a white woman at the Oscars? ( Are we going to pretend that a situation like that isn't a whole other different animal?)

Can you see how this could have all gotten far far uglier in the mainstream media once you hit certain identity politics trigger points.

Part of the problem here is there is a clear matrix of how much people are supposed to be offended based on Hollywood's own insane unspoken rules about which group should be protected and which groups should be more of a victim and in what order and which groups should always be persecuted.

Still think Smith's most powerful response would be to just get up and leave the Oscars period and never return. In fact, never go to another awards show or do another interview again.
Really good observation here, and a reflection of how "staged" and careful something like this has to be. I'm sure Smith had to quickly play out this scenario in his mind with a consideration of the perception and implications. If it was genuine, and felt genuine, I would have a lot more understanding and appreciation for the guy. But he's a professional actor, so I guess I can't criticize him too much for acting like he's outraged when someone insults his wife.

******* his wife is ok but he draws the line at balding jokes lol

Is Will not aware that Black Panther made it a celebration of black women being bald that it was an empowering acceptance of who you are.

That was actually made into a HUGE thing!

My first thought was that I can't wait for there to be absolutely no repercussions from Disney regarding him starring in Aladdin 2. What a role model for the kids. Assault another celebrity on live global TV and that's fine, dig up some 10 year old jokes on Twitter and they'll cancel you like James Gunn.

Dude's clearly a totally out of touch nut job at this point. Can't believe there are actually people on the internet defending what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back