The Will Smith slaps Chris Rock thread - plus Sam Jackson gets his Oscar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all BS if you ask me. Here’s an idea, don’t televise the Oscars or any of these award shows anymore. Who really cares about some overpaid actor or any of the Hollywood people winning an award and giving some boring speech?

All awards shows are excuses for celebrities to don haute couture and party into the night. People do not tune in see the actual awards, they want to see the red carpet preshow and find out what $20,000+ garbage bag Taylor Swift has on tonight.

Which can, in its way be interesting! It always amazes me what people with endless money will pick out to wear; I really should not pick on Smith as she usually wears something pretty decent. I dont tune in for that tho, its all over the internet the next day.

Imagine! This person's stylist let her out of the house looking like this, the mind boggles.

5916224_020920-awards-oscars-monica-florence-pugh-OTRC-vid.jpg

All awards shows are excuses for celebrities to don haute couture and party into the night. People do not tune in see the actual awards, they want to see the red carpet preshow and find out what $20,000+ garbage bag Taylor Swift has on tonight.

Which can, in its way be interesting! It always amazes me what people with endless money will pick out to wear; I really should not pick on Smith as she usually wears something pretty decent. I dont tune in for that tho, its all over the internet the next day.

Imagine! This person's stylist let her out of the house looking like this, the mind boggles.

View attachment 569812
True, I hadn’t thought about that, but I also don’t pay attention to those either. It’s almost like “who wins the looking like a ridiculous clown on the red carpet?” I would never lol.

All awards shows are excuses for celebrities to don haute couture and party into the night.
As someone who came of age in underground music scenes and nightclubs and also worked in similar environments (in ancient times LOL) what always strikes me about these parties -- whether they're TIFF events I've attended or clips I've seen shared by celebrities -- is that as far as parties go they're pretty lame. Somewhere between a wedding and an office party, just with expensive outfits and maybe more expensive crown work.

View attachment 569812
I confess I am properly boggled and dismayed. That outfit is the equivalent of an Oscar afterparty. Expensive and lame.

Disney announced today it will in fact be doing a Vader show. It will be adapting a book series into a new D+ series...

It chronicles Vader's return to Tatooine searching for Obi-Wan.. But, instead he gets side tracked.

8170dwDQxCL.jpg

From what I understand, he’s just no longer voting for Oscars. Meh. I don’t think that’s enough. He shouldn’t be allowed to attend future ceremonies either.

Will Smith Resigns From Academy Membership

Apparently he refuses to remain in an organization that would have him as a member lol...
You can almost hear his huddled reps: "If he resigns, it'll make him look great in the eyes of the public and like he's giving something up, but he'll still be able to be nominated and even attend Oscar ceremonies - it's brilliant!"

And on April Fool's Day no less. :rotfl

As part of the still-active investigation, the Academy released some unseen footage of the incident including timecode stamp...

41tutdah.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back