The " We're Schmucks for Timber" club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridiculous...won't be buying this at all...not even for Timber. You can find small 1/6 wolves cheaper than that.

I love Joe, but it ain't worth it.

I canceled my order so any advice on where to find a nicely painted 1/6 wolf would be appreciated.

Just wanted to point that out since you obviously don't seem to know the difference between the two.

i agree. even a painted dog can't pass for a timberwolf. i've actually been looking for a decent wolf figure or statue for months. nothing seems to work. that real fur one is the closest but i dont like the pose. plus i've seen real pics of it and it doesn't look as lifelike as the pics they post on ebay. the enemy ace one sounds like it's too big. 9 inches long plus 4in tall with the head down? is that accurate? you could almost slap a saddle on that thing.

Grey wolves can get up to 3 feet tall on average, now taking into account 1/6 scale as being roughly, two inches equals a foot, therefore, twelve inches equals 6 feet, you'd assume a 3 foot tall dog, would equal out to a 6 inch tall figure of a dog, ROUGHLY.

Now think about the size of a LARGE dog, wolves tend to be bigger than dogs, i dunno how many you've ever been close to in your life, i've personally been around wolf dogs, which are mixes, but are still big, and they are tall. Now take your snake eyes and compare any 4 to 6" tall action figure and look at the height compared to him, top of a 6 inch figures head comes to the top of his thigh more or less, thats comparable for a BIG dog or wolf, so a 4" one would be perfectly reasonable, maybe even a little small. Personally i think the sideshow timber looks too small but thats me.

Wolves AREN'T dogs, and that isn't important in the sense that they are in fact, bigger, something that seems to be forgotten when it comes to production of them.

Grey wolves can get up to 3 feet tall on average, now taking into account 1/6 scale as being roughly, two inches equals a foot, therefore, twelve inches equals 6 feet, you'd assume a 3 foot tall dog, would equal out to a 6 inch tall figure of a dog, ROUGHLY.

Now think about the size of a LARGE dog, wolves tend to be bigger than dogs, i dunno how many you've ever been close to in your life, i've personally been around wolf dogs, which are mixes, but are still big, and they are tall. Now take your snake eyes and compare any 4 to 6" tall action figure and look at the height compared to him, top of a 6 inch figures head comes to the top of his thigh more or less, thats comparable for a BIG dog or wolf, so a 4" one would be perfectly reasonable, maybe even a little small. Personally i think the sideshow timber looks too small but thats me.

Wolves AREN'T dogs, and that isn't important in the sense that they are in fact, bigger, something that seems to be forgotten when it comes to production of them.
actually 4in tall seems reasonable but the 9in long seems a tad too much to me.

Its hard to find a good reference pic of a human standing next to a wolf. Based on these pics Timber appears small but without knowing how tall the men in these shots are its hard to say for sure.

img022.jpg

Wolf3-2k3.jpg

actually 4in tall seems reasonable but the 9in long seems a tad too much to me.

The 4 inches is right for some of the smaler wolves the grey wolf tends to measure 1.9' to 3.1' feet in height and 4.5' to 6.5' in length scaling that down puts a 1/6th scale wolf at roughly 4-6 inches tall and 8-12 inches long. This puts Timber on the small end of the spectrum but does keep him in to the same rough proportions of the orginal 85' figure and the art by Joe Kubert.

Malamutes:
Though Malamutes are superficially similar to wolves, there are several physical differences between them. When compared to a similarly sized wolf, the Malamute's head is not as wide, is shorter, and is generally smaller. Their necks are generally the same size, though the Malamute is bigger in the chest by a few inches. The Malamute stands two inches shorter, is three inches (76 mm) shorter in the leg, and eight inches (203 mm) shorter in the body. The wolf's tail is longer and has no tendency to curl over its back as the Malamute's can. The wolf's track is nearly twice as large as that of the Malamute.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaskan_Malamute

But in the end, what does anyone care what someone else thinks. If you find something, beit anything from a sculpted "dog" to that little hairy chiapet thingy from ebaY posted a few pages back, and works for you, use it. If not, don't. No need to get douchy about it. :lol

No matter how distant or close the relation, being related does not make one the other. Technically speaking we are very distnatly related to chimpanzees, but you don't see people looking for 1/6 scale chimp bodies to plug their bruce wayne heads and toys 2 suits on :D

And the great wolf debate rages on.
Instead of arguing what we really should do is find someone who can cast one of the better wolf sculpts out there. The Enemy Ace wolf seems to take the cake, or if someone knows how to enlarge a sculpt MGS Sniper Wolf's wolf is an excellent sculpt.

No matter how distant or close the relation, being related does not make one the other. Technically speaking we are very distnatly related to chimpanzees, but you don't see people looking for 1/6 scale chimp bodies to plug their bruce wayne heads and toys 2 suits on :D

Nope. All I see is a bunch of douches justifying their obsessive need for the Way Point environment by ripping people for finding what they consider acceptable alternatives to a $130 slab of stone. :huh :p

Nope. All I see is a bunch of douches justifying their obsessive need for the Way Point environment by ripping people for finding what they consider acceptable alternatives to a $130 slab of stone. :huh :p
what's funny is that you're quick to rip on my pics by saying that they aren't "military accurate", but then you have no problem passing off a dog as a timberwolf.:rolleyes:

Back