The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rorschach should be on his way to me today. I'll wait for the HT figures on the others, but Rorschach was my favorite character so I don't mind having this one and the HT one, too.

Saw Rorschach today. Is a Hot Toys Rorschach DEFINITELY coming? I want to know, because if so I'll wait - if not, I want the chance to choose one from the three DC Direct Rorschach's I saw today. Obviously, I don't want to waste money on an inferior DC Direct version if a HT version is coming.

Given that the movie's box office fell off a cliff this weekend (67% down) I wonder if HT really will produce figures.

We need to put a sticky somewhere in the forum because the same question gets asked over and over.

Nothing has been officially announced but Hot Toys has been teasing and dropping hints and many Toy News outlet have already reported it. They ARE coming just wait it out, the fact that the last film 1/6 Rorschach just came out means that DCD will wait until its shipped out completely to allow HT to solicit their like they did with TDK. I expect it to be in the April Newsletter.

By the way, Ror's costume CAN fit very well on a TT. I futzed with it more, and got it to work. I'm using the Bale head for now, until I can decide if I want to sacrifice my Nurse Joker for Ror.

I forget which online retailer pieces out the DCD 13" figures but if I find a Rorschach parted out I have a spare TT that I'll use to do that custom....I think the mask would be tailored to fit if you cut it and stretch it over the face...

It fits the TDK Bale head perfectly. Great shape too. I'll get pics later. I need to figure out hands though....

I don't think there's any doubt that HT is producing Watchmen figures, but those of you holding your breath for 3 figures may be disappointed. Unless something reeeeeeally surprising happens with the box office numbers over the next few weeks, I don't think we'll be seeing more than 2.

Here he is on a True Type...again...

Rord001.jpg

Rord002.jpg

Rord005.jpg

Rord008.jpg

Rord011.jpg

Rord013.jpg

Rord014.jpg

Rord018.jpg

I don't think there's any doubt that HT is producing Watchmen figures, but those of you holding your breath for 3 figures may be disappointed. Unless something reeeeeeally surprising happens with the box office numbers over the next few weeks, I don't think we'll be seeing more than 2.

The hype is gonna die off soon and we clearly won't be seeing a sequel.

I wonder if HT is going to use a smaller body. I mean, they'd have to create a specific one for the character. If not, I might pass. This one is fine enough for me.

Unless the JEH headsculpt is amazing.

It's a shame Medicom didn't get the Watchmen liscense, their Rorschach would've been perfect scale and all.

My DCD one is in the process of being swapped onto a TT I guess just for the sake of doing it since I had one lying around. He won't be in scale with any of my other 1/6ers but will do nicely as a stand alone figure in the Watchmen display.

Yes. And there will be at least 3 figures.

That's what worries me. I might buy a well-done Hot Toys Dr. Manhattan as a stand-alone figure (like the Medicom X3 Wolverine) but without a HT Silk Spectre figure there is no way I would buy the others.

If they are not going to do all six then it frankly makes more sense to buy the DCD 6-7" line in order have a complete, in-scale ensemble.

I just checked the Hot Toys Facebook page. The status update for today?

"We like Rorschach, too!"

:rock:rock:rock

Hopefully soon!

Back