The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, their actions of cutting certain lines since introducing SW have certainly supported the belief that their expectations of profitability have changed.

IMO that and the assorted mini-busts all look like crap :cool:

Yeah, when these were first announced I wanted to pick them up, but with the delay from when they were first announced, forgot. Then when I saw them in person, it was an easy pass. Especially for the prices.

IMO that and the assorted mini-busts all look like crap :cool:

They mimic the art of the comic book; particularly the earlier issues, which were somewhat stylized. I agree that I'd prefer a larger scale, but the statue, half-zombie and four mini-busts look decent enough when displayed together.

I see no point in doing a dedicated 1:6 Walking Dead line, however. Sideshow would be better served to revive the 1:6 The Dead line instead, and save the license fees. The human survivors could probably be easily kitbashed from existing figures, too.

Sad thing is, if Sideshow had revamped the 1:6 line during all the hype for this show, and even briefly while it aired, it likely would've reinvigorated the line. :huh

I guess the bottom line is that for every non-licensed 1:6 zombie figure they sell, they sell 20 or more Star Wars figures. Money talks...

To me, the whole "Walking Dead" storyline isn't so much about the zombies... it's about the surviving characters and how they cope with the apocalyptic situation. So I don't think that we need more flesh eating zombies but real individuals.

I know, that's the point of the whole story... ;)

But conventionally you would think of the walking dead as zombies - and that's what some of the companies did, when they released collectibles to either the comics/graphic novel or to the TV series.

That's why I said that it's all about the survivors and not about the flesh hungry mob out in the streets.

like walking dead better than romeros last attempt. romero used to be character driven. real people in surreal circumstance. hard pressed to find single character i gave damn about in survival of the dead. guess thats why walking dead worked so well.

Look at the last two episodes of the season in particular, Walking Dead is all about the surviving characters and their struggle, the zombies are just one of many problems to deal with(running out of gas, food, losing family members). Especially the way Amy and Jim were lost, it's all about the human element. Rather then face hordes of zombies in the finale, they simply had to reason with Jenner's humanity. Brilliant show, best thing ever on basic cable.

Well, I have to be honest: I did like the pilot and the first episode, maybe the second... but then the whole thing became pretty boring to me... I knew the graphic novel, read it a long time before a TV series was even considered. But what they made out of it, is something completely different.

There is such a big hype going on and everone is focusing on the TV adaption. Instead they should spend some time READING the freaking graphic novel. Its dramaturgic concept is a lot better in my opinion. But let's not discuss that here, since its more about licenses and product requests. ;)

Indeed, but I could also imagine a cool diorama piece with some of the lead characters like on the cover of the Walking Dead compendium:

walking_dead.jpg

Back