The Walking Dead - comic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only up to #114. Waiting until March for Vol.20 to come out. So you're saying I'm not missing much?

There has been couple good parts, but nothing worth even talking about. All Out War part 1 just finished and it was pretty boring thus far. I look forward to this conflict with Negan ending since this whole arc was amiss, and maybe it will move in a better direction and not just another Governor clone.

I'm just not liking the walking dead anymore thinking of taking it off my pull list.

Wow, kind of surprised but each their own. I have been loving All Out War. I will agree there have been a couple setup issues that were boring but I think the overall arc has been great so far. The problem is when you have two weeks to a month between issues it seems slower than it probably is. I can't wait to re-read this arc when it is over.

I'm enjoying it. :dunno

I'm sure there will be a pay off in the end. I expect we'll get at least one major character death (and I don't mean Negan).

Comixology just had a deal on a starter kit which included the colored version of issue one, but what I was more interested in since I haven't read them yet was the three one shot issues featuring the Governor, Michonne and Tyreese.

Negan's new secret weapon is brilliant. I can't believe that idea hasn't come up before now. It makes total sense when fighting the living as apposed to the dead!

Hello everyone. I read the first ten paperbacks and looking to restart and catch up. I see so many different trades out there. Does anyone recommend any particular one. The omnibus look really good but are somewhat costly, the hardcover volumes are the ones I'm leaning towards and then there's the compendium volumes that fit 50 issues per book. Does anyone have the compendium? Are they sturdy and durable? I like hardcovers and I know these aren't. Just asking. What do you guys own?

The compendiums are paperbacks. They are the best idea for reading the stories in bulk, but aren't the sturdiest of things. If you want the stories, the compendiums are the way to go. If you want something to display in the library, then they probably aren't the choice for you. But speaking of libraries, check yours. If its at all like mine, they'll probably have them there. Again, if you are just looking to get caught up on the stories.

I just read this and thought the same thing. Brilliant on his part. Now who in Ricks group will be hit with it?

If you've never read the original "Crossed" series there was something similar, albeit for more grotesque and disturbing, that was used as a weapon against the unaffected.

Sorry. It's a totally different comic written by Garth Ennis. It's...disturbing.
I wouldn't exactly recommend it to anyone unless they want an extreme apocalyptic story with gratuitous abuse of humans by other, deranged humans, without anything being held back in the imagery or dialog.
I was just reminded of a part in it by what was said about Negan.

Crossed is probably the most disturbing thing I've ever read. Not that's it's a bad comic but your description is perfect. Absolutely nothing is held back--the acts depicted by the "crossed" against unaffected humans are grossly horrifying at times. It is actually an interesting read but it's definitely not for those with sensitive sensibilities.

Did you read 123 yet?

Well, I don't think it was infected. He said earlier in that issue that it could throw off the weight of the bolts. So I think Negan thinks it was infected, but it really isn't.

Funny thing is, the idea of Negan's weapon is being discussed in the TV thread now with the scratches vs bites and vs blood spray :lol

Sorry. It's a totally different comic written by Garth Ennis. It's...disturbing.
I wouldn't exactly recommend it to anyone unless they want an extreme apocalyptic story with gratuitous abuse of humans by other, deranged humans, without anything being held back in the imagery or dialog.
I was just reminded of a part in it by what was said about Negan.

Crossed is probably the most disturbing thing I've ever read. Not that's it's a bad comic but your description is perfect. Absolutely nothing is held back--the acts depicted by the "crossed" against unaffected humans are grossly horrifying at times. It is actually an interesting read but it's definitely not for those with sensitive sensibilities.

Sounds interesting. I'll try to find it. Thanks.

The first series is about the only one that I'd even suggest reading for anyone interested, if I'm going to go that far. Underneath all the graphic horror there's a workable story, though entirely too typical and uninspired, about survival and hope. Nothing new there. The series that come after are nothing but pushing the limits of what the reader can take. No sense in them at all, I quit shortly into Family Values and just wanted to forget it all. What I've heard of the rest, things just keep getting worse.

Kirkman did a Q&A on reddit today.

BjH20rJIMAAdJg-.jpg

The first series is about the only one that I'd even suggest reading for anyone interested, if I'm going to go that far. Underneath all the graphic horror there's a workable story, though entirely too typical and uninspired, about survival and hope. Nothing new there. The series that come after are nothing but pushing the limits of what the reader can take. No sense in them at all, I quit shortly into Family Values and just wanted to forget it all. What I've heard of the rest, things just keep getting worse.

I finally looked into this series on google. Jeez, I don't know if I'll give it a read after reading the stuff that goes on in it. Pretty messed up.

Back