The Venomsaurus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its astounding to me that we cannot get past the sketch stage for a Daredevil PF, but we get Tyrannosaurus Venom?:gah::slap

Another instance of spreading out the main characters, and concurrently making a push for people to collect both their Marvel and dinosauria line. Good marketing strat imo but still sad that DD not out yet. :(

LOL, you are not blind, you are right.
You are out of memory.:lecture

I remember enough to not talk out of my ass unlike some people :wink1:

Yes, the symbiote and Venom look similar, but it doesn't make them the same thing. Go read some old Spidey comics and get back to me :wave

photo.jpg

Hope they make other pieces from Old Man Logan...The Banners..FTW..:rock

I'm with you on this 100%. I don't see why they wouldn't do some other characters from that series down the road. That being said I ordered the Ex. in hopes that this will be the case but even if they don't produce anything else from OML series I'll still be glad I picked this up. I'm stoked about this piece.

Oopsie.....

You newbs amuse me. Do you even know what the argument is. Posting that image just shows how wrong Sideshow is. Let me settle this once and for all.

The image above does not equal the image below. Notice the tongue and the lips? I think most people can see that unless you are blind.
2000891press02001.jpg

Which is the head of Venom. Who looks like this...notice that he has arms and legs :)
VenomComparison.jpg

Like I said go read some older comics and get back to me.

Last edited:
you're reaching really really bad. Because he doesnt have a receding gumline and his tongue isnt sticking out, that means its not venom.

Never mind the fact it hashim stretched out over rocks, just like in the comic.

No gingivitis = no venom

gotcha

ok

sure

you're reaching really really bad. Because he doesnt have a receding gumline and his tongue isnt sticking out, that means its not venom.

Never mind the fact it hashim stretched out over rocks, just like in the comic.

No gingivitis = no venom

gotcha

ok

sure

Umm....Venom has been in comics for over 20 years. I've never seen him overstretched without arms and legs. The unbonded symbiote stretches like that. I'm not reaching really bad...you are talking out of your ass :wave

Seems like you don't even know anything about the character. Venom = symbiote bonded to Eddie Brock (or currently Mac Gargan)

Venom-TPB-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Its a story set 50-odd years in the future. Nothing is going to exactly fit.

Its like saying thats not really vision in the story, because vision never looked like that.

with the limited amount of time they spent on some characters, some things had to be left unexplained.

The symbiote can morph into anything it wants. It morphed into peters suit, and into peters street clothes for years. It even made its own web. (yea, didnt have to pull that outta my ass. I HAVE been reading comics over the last 20 years).

Im pretty sure if it can do that, it most likely can make a tongue stick out. Just because it didnt, doesnt mean it cant.

But if it bothers you so much, just put your head back up your ass and ignore it.

Its a story set 50-odd years in the future. Nothing is going to exactly fit.

Its like saying thats not really vision in the story, because vision never looked like that.

with the limited amount of time they spent on some characters, some things had to be left unexplained.

The symbiote can morph into anything it wants. It morphed into peters suit, and into peters street clothes for years. It even made its own web. (yea, didnt have to pull that outta my ass. I HAVE been reading comics over the last 20 years).

Im pretty sure if it can do that, it most likely can make a tongue stick out. Just because it didnt, doesnt mean it cant.

But if it bothers you so much, just put your head back up your ass and ignore it.

Ha best argument ever..."Just because it didn't doesn't mean it can't" and "things change in the future."

If my criticism of Sideshow bothers you so much please take some of your own advice.

doesnt bother me at all. I think both peices have no real appeal outside of the storyline. And if no other peices from the story are getting done, than its a waste, unless you had a T-Rex sculpt just sitting around.

I don't think Sideshow would do this piece if they didn't have another one on the way to compliment it ... that's the reason i got this piece ... and we have a while to see if it's true as it starts shipping in the winter

I don't think Sideshow would do this piece if they didn't have another one on the way to compliment it ... that's the reason i got this piece ... and we have a while to see if it's true as it starts shipping in the winter

Maybe they think the Venom, Spidey and Dinosauria line is enuff to complement it, but I hope you're right.

In all fairness I re-read Old Man Logan last night, in one instance they call it "Venom" and in another they refer it as "That alien thing that used to annoy Spider-Man"

So in the context of the storytelling they call it both things, so you guys are both right and wrong.

It's pretty obvious that the ex piece is based off the image in the comic. I would be willing to bet that Sideshow added the tongue to make it more recognizable to the casual fans.

The symbiote became a villan when Peter rejected him in the bell tower. It merged with Eddie and became Venom. ..but things have changed over the years and now the symbiote itself basically is Venom. Mac Gargan (the Scorpion for those not in know) is wearing the symbiote nowadays, and they still call him Venom. The Symbiote even has his own personality. He's the one that wants to eat everyone, not Mac :lol (read about it in the thunderbolts, it's a great book).

Avengers had a storyline a few years ago called "Venom bomb" where Doom basically dropped Symbiote spores on NYC turning everyone into "Venom's & Carnages" (silly, I know..). There were teeth and tongues flying around all over the place. It was mayhem :panic::panic::panic:

I'm thinking some of you may need to brush up on some modern comics. The stories didn't end 20 years ago :monkey1

Back