The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this figure more and more every day.

P1110446.jpg

P1110448.jpg

P1110449.jpg

P1110455.jpg

is that the Begins? i would guess since as it looks pretty long..or my eyes could be deceiving me and it could possibly be the TDK long

As you may have guessed, I am gonna be keeping my Begins cape after all. Sorry buddy. :1-1:

It's not like I would have given you a big discount or anything anyway. I don't want to steal business from Lance. Now that I see how versatile the Begins cape is with a bit of experimentation I can say I highly recommend it. You wont regret the purchase. :)

Haha it's all good man. I wasn't expecting any sort of discount though. Just worried that Lance would run out of material before I'd be able to buy one again sice he's doing the "last run" of velvet capes. After Black Friday, definitely have to penny pinch even more than before unfortunately

Great pics btw. I know how you feel about loving the takara everytime you see it. That's how it is with mine. Especially with my second go at a resculpt. Looks awesome on the beefed up hody. Just need some darn HT boots! :mad:

There's been quite a few "last runs" on the capes, so I think you'll be fine.

The more I see of that Takara the more I appreciate it. My only complaint about my TDK OC is the undersized fists, but those ones on the Takara look perfect. I really don't see much of the Begins cowl in there, though - I'd go so far as to say it's not even close. But as a (non-specific) Batman figure? Fantastic!

Thanks guys. :)

Just need some darn HT boots! :mad:

I've let go of the HT boots idea. I really like how stable the figure is on the stock boots. Plus with a bit of cape futzing they disappear.

The more I see of that Takara the more I appreciate it. My only complaint about my TDK OC is the undersized fists, but those ones on the Takara look perfect. I really don't see much of the Begins cowl in there, though - I'd go so far as to say it's not even close. But as a (non-specific) Batman figure? Fantastic!

To lazy to dig up comparison shots, but I think the cowl is actually pretty close from some angles. Like this one:

P1110448.jpg

awesome! good to know man!

what I've noticed about the takara cowl after looking at tons of reference pics for my resculpt is that there is a Begins cowl in there, just the accents are so much softer on the Takara. nice sharp edges are rounded off in the Takara like the brow. Also, the ears aren't point but also rounded off, which will be my final touch on the Takara and you'll see that there is some Begins in there, it just needs to be brought out ;)

I'll wish you luck in removing it from the body regardles.. it's VERY THIN rubber, and tears VERY eaisly

I destroyed one a while back attempting to remove it from the figure. ( thankfully the armpits were already ruined )

I actually think the stock body has great articulation, but would be curious to see the suit on a body with different structure. Not gonna mess with mine though.

ttthe stock body is one of the best articulated bodies out there actualy.. it's just not got the same level of "joint tightness" that the Truetype has.

He is correct. The Takara body is nice.

genx_core_body_s.jpg

Just too thin to be Batman. Even stuffing the suit doesn't help. When that is done, looks he has cellulite :lol

Just too thin to be Batman. Even stuffing the suit doesn't help. When that is done, looks he has cellulite :lol

Really? :huh

P1110449.jpg

If you're thinking of mine because of the right upper leg, I didn't stuff the legs. I only stuffed the torso and the lateral upper hip joint, sooo...

I will say this though: Stuffing the suit makes him look nice, but it does restrict articulation.

:yess: Just got mine with a trade from a board member :wave . I love this figure , i think takara did a great job on him , minus the boots and maybe a paint up of the face . I need to get a velvet cape next :yess:

takarabats001.jpg

takarabats002.jpg

I totally agree with everyone . He is way to skinny , i need to beef him up a bit :gah:
takarabats003.jpg

I need new accurate boots
takarabats004.jpg

can't see the boots this way:yess:
takarabats005.jpg

Congrats on the purchase Mr. Ecko!

it truly is a great figure and will just get even better everytime you see it

but looking at you're pics, I can see how scrawny he was prior tube to any mods. nice to see a regular un-nmodded one

Back