The ultimate question !!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Cold Slither
Reaction score
So, now Sideshow's Vader has started shipping..which one is the ultimate version of the character between those 2 :

Attakus first vader or Sideshow's Vader ????

JUST CURIOUS ABOUT THE OPINIONS OF THE BOARD MEMBERS HERE...

,..i like the sideshow vader now that we've seen the final product,..and that would be my choice,..since i can't afford the attakus vader 1,...both are really nice,..to me attakus have a better pose,...
,, but ask this question in the attakus forum,..and the answers will probably be different,.. ;)
,,i wanted to have both if i could afford :cool:

My Sideshow Vader will be here Wednesday.

I've got to say that Sideshow looks to be the best one. Very impressive.

I prefer single media figures over the mixed media ones, and, since both of the Vader Statues are stunning, that would be the criterion for me to choose the Attakus Vader 1. I think the SSC Vader's pose is better though, since the Attakus Vader 1 pose is a much to "cool" and relaxed pose for such a tense and restless character as Vader is. I own the Attakus Vader 2, and I must say, I'm very happy with it. I don't need an extra Vader.
Even if the money value might not be that important to most, I doubt that the SSC Vader will ever reach the level of the Attakus Vader 2, let alone the Attakus Vader 1. I guess that is a result of the more consequent edition policy that Attakus has: there is always just 1500! Plus an extra 200 for Japan. No exclusives, no AP... Just these 1500 + 200. Very simple!

Definitely the SS one. I LOVE the size and how the cape looks like it has some weight to it. This will look fantastic with all of the OT 1/4's shown so far.

I've been very impressed with all 3 SW 1/4's released. Han was a bit of a scare, but he is actually one of my favorite pieces in my collection in person. I actually think I like him better than Vader. I'm sticking with large pieces only at this point, and the 1/4 scale fills that need.

These pieces are really addicting, and are much more impressive than fully sculpted ones, IMO. Kong v. Rex being the major recent exception. That thing is :horror.

I also dont like mixed media that much... and the pose of
attakus vader 1 is my absolute favourite. size of attakus
is also more than enough, 1/5 is quite perfect...

with the sideshow vader I also dont like that light up feature,
makes it more feel like a toy.. are there also sounds on it? :confused:

-> for the price its sideshow, but the holy grail must be
attakus vader 1! :banana

I am actually not too fond of the pose of the Vader 1 :eek: *hides* it would have been better to have his arms crossed or something similar - just hanging at his sides is somewhat boring. :peace

It's mixed media only for me. I never even considered any of the statues of Vader out there - this is the end-all and be-all!

well i've seen pics of Attakus DV 1 & 2, and SS Vader, and i have to say SS definitely wins. the authentic clothing makes the difference, although i like DV 2's pose the best (DV 1 doesn't even have the saber drawn?!) but let me ask, why do Attakus statues cost so much more than SS stuff? most of the ones i've seen don't even look that much like the actors (Emperor and slave girl Leia come to mind). i hear they are made from porcelain and are very heavy, but that just seems like it'd make shipping higher. so what's the draw w/ Attakus?

Mixed media is still a relatively new concept on this level, but it's amazing the quality SSC is bringing to the table! Having said that, statues carry an inate classic sensibility about them. They're also a hell of a lot easier to clean!

I can't say as I'm overly impressed with the PF Vader, honestly. I think the face detail is very soft, and the pose is too dependant on getting Obi-Wan. As a character study, it fails for me.

Right now, I'd have to say Attakus, but I'll probably change my mind when the 12" SSC Vader shows up! In my personal collection, there are two "signature" Vader pieces. One is my Medicom, the other is my oh so classy Vader phone. It plays the Imperial March and breathes heavily when it rings!!!

Mookeylama, you have to keep in mind that Attakus is a French company, so this one time you US guys are on the shipping-wise expensive side. ;)
Apart from that, my first and only choice is the Attakus Vader 1. The pose has so much charisma which you just can't see based on photos...
Why isn't he crossing his arms? Well, he's walking, people dont often do that with arms crossed... ;) And all these lightsaber Vaders - I don't know, I always think that he needs a static, dramatic pose, not an action pose.

Concerning the inaccurate faces: These result from a time, where Attakus wasn't sure whether they really had the license or not. So they kind of abstracted the sculpts a little bit. Now that everything is clarified, you can see all the sculpts improving A LOT - for example the new Luke prototype looks amazing!

While Attakus 1 and 2 are both impressive in their own right, neither of them are 22" tall with real fabric and the ability to light up. On top of that, they're $1-2k compared to $350 for the SS statue so I give the nod to Sideshow on this one. However, I certainly wouldn't turn down and Attakus statue if somebody wanted to give me one. :naughty

[Cipher] said:
Concerning the inaccurate faces: These result from a time, where Attakus wasn't sure whether they really had the license or not. So they kind of abstracted the sculpts a little bit. Now that everything is clarified, you can see all the sculpts improving A LOT - for example the new Luke prototype looks amazing!
I don't mean to be disagreeable, but which is the new Luke statue? I'm not a big Attakus fan, so I don't know what is old from what is new, but the only Luke I see on their web site, the flight suit version, isn't very accurate at all, at least based on the images they have provided.

RoboDad said:
I don't mean to be disagreeable, but which is the new Luke statue? I'm not a big Attakus fan, so I don't know what is old from what is new, but the only Luke I see on their web site, the flight suit version, isn't very accurate at all, at least based on the images they have provided.
That's the one which looks like a Playmobil figure, right. :D
The new one is still in prototype stage, you ca see it here:

actually it still doesn't look much like Luke. reminds me of the Medicom Luke, which does look cool, just not accurate. they gave him a big ole cleft chin!

and Medicom's another company that has me stumped. both Attakus and Medicom are much more expensive than SS and i don't understand why. the Medicom 12" Luke is $190 while the SS 12" is $60 (if u got the preorder) and the Medi doesn't look like him..

Darklord Dave said:
It's mixed media only for me. I never even considered any of the statues of Vader out there - this is the end-all and be-all!

That's the way it's beginning to be with me. Mixed media only. I think these 1/4 PF Figures are great!

Back