The Ultimate Marvel Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic The MadHOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
Land Of The True Scotsman (Yes Peeps I Don't Own A
I was delighted when I found out USPS were doing twenty silver ingot versions of the Marvel stamps they released in 2007 plus another twenty silver medallions with Marvel heroes & villains on the face of them. I've already subscribed to receive two new ones a month for twenty months plus you get some awesome gifts if you subscribe for the full collection. They look really cool & the collection will be priceless eventually.

https://ultimatemarvelcollection.com/

default-101.jpg

How much does each one cost or the whole set. Couldn't find that info on the site?

It's pretty costly, I think that's why they spread it over twenty months, people in the US get it for $179 a month, cause I'm in Scotland I need to pay an extra $20 a month but it's worth it in the long term. I see it as an investment.

$179 a month? I wouldn't have mind it being $179 total but for just one month, it's a bit too steep for me.:lol

Yeah it is pricey but it's the best of the best craftsmanship & each one is pure silver. I have to say it took me some time to hit the trigger on it but I'm just thinking of how cool it'll be to have the full thing, I'll be proud!

20 months at $179 a month is $3580!! :google

GIve me a couple great guitars instead. :D

Yeah you're right mate, but you can get great guitars anytime once these babies are gone they're gone for good. Don't get me wrong though if when the first couple arrive they ain't the most awesome ingot & medallion I've ever seen then I'll cancel the rest, I hope they are though.

Yeah you're right mate, but you can get great guitars anytime once these babies are gone they're gone for good. Don't get me wrong though if when the first couple arrive they ain't the most awesome ingot & medallion I've ever seen then I'll cancel the rest, I hope they are though.

The marvel pic on the ingot & medallion, it look like sticker which can be peel off... correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

The marvel pic on the ingot & medallion, it look like sticker which can be peel off... correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

'Colorized images are also precision-applied to the medallions. The colorization is the highest quality in the world, and it brilliantly captures every tiny detail of the original designs.' That's on their description.

Wow Sonic thats so expensive :google:google you must like them, you'll have to post pics for us when you get them :rock
x :peace

p,s my brother lives just outside Glesga!!!
x

congrats sonic for taking the dive on these, i don't think you'll be disappointed, the art application and color processing is amoung the best in the world, i have seen similiar items (coins mostly) that have had this ap done to them, even on common change, up here in canada, and many years afterward release the colors still looks like new.
though a pit on the exspensive side, that only means that they will most likely be more rare in the end. most collectors on here would never thing of spending that kinds of coin on a collectable,(including myself) but there's a lot of stamp and coins collectors that wouldn't give it a second thought.

for sure you'll never loose any money on them. imo

Don't worry, I'll take snaps of them after I make sweet love to them.

Where does he stay?
That is sooooo creepy :lol

He lives in Livingstone with his wife and family or he did last I heard, as does the wicked witch of the North, my biological mother:stake.
I lived in Glesga up to about 2 and half years ago :rock :rock
Awsome place :joy

Extremely tempting:monkey5....but I'm not sure I could follow through with that price-regimen. Reminds me of the time long ago I started collecting a Franklin Mint chess set where they sent me one piece a month for something like 150$ apiece. I think I got about 5-6 of the pieces before I crumbled and gave in to the pressure from my girlfriend to spend my hard-earned on something we both could enjoy-...Her.
Gonna be interesting to see your pictures when you get them though, 'cause their description of the coloring process on their site is not wery exact.
Looks like the Marvel set is their first stab at colored ingots.
Some of their other sets look temting too.
But the Marvel set is in a league of it's own.
Great call, Dogg.:cool:

congrats sonic for taking the dive on these, i don't think you'll be disappointed, the art application and color processing is amoung the best in the world, i have seen similiar items (coins mostly) that have had this ap done to them, even on common change, up here in canada, and many years afterward release the colors still looks like new.
though a pit on the exspensive side, that only means that they will most likely be more rare in the end. most collectors on here would never thing of spending that kinds of coin on a collectable,(including myself) but there's a lot of stamp and coins collectors that wouldn't give it a second thought.

for sure you'll never loose any money on them. imo

Extremely tempting:monkey5....but I'm not sure I could follow through with that price-regimen. Reminds me of the time long ago I started collecting a Franklin Mint chess set where they sent me one piece a month for something like 150$ apiece. I think I got about 5-6 of the pieces before I crumbled and gave in to the pressure from my girlfriend to spend my hard-earned on something we both could enjoy-...Her.
Gonna be interesting to see your pictures when you get them though, 'cause their description of the coloring process on their site is not wery exact.
Looks like the Marvel set is their first stab at colored ingots.
Some of their other sets look temting too.
But the Marvel set is in a league of it's own.
Great call, Dogg.:cool:

I'm not really into stamps but I love all things Marvel & I've got a lot of collectible coins & medallions. If this collection was only available in a one off payment like the Star Wars Frames I wouldn't have took the plunge but the fact I can spread the cost over twenty months made it too attractive for me to ignore.

That is sooooo creepy :lol

He lives in Livingstone with his wife and family or he did last I heard, as does the wicked witch of the North, my biological mother:stake.
I lived in Glesga up to about 2 and half years ago :rock :rock
Awsome place :joy

That's cool, I'm not too far away from him. I've heard Glesga being called a lot of things but awesome ain't one of them, some parts are cool but some parts are just scary. I'm glad to be on the outskirts.
scared0008.gif
x

Back