Statue The TRON Legacy Quorra Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think I'd be up for a pf of this
attachment.php

Hell yeah! :lecture

This could be such a nice statue if the likeness is strong. Quorra was very beautiful in the movie.

Also, does anyone have a higher quality image of the Quorra Facebook banner/poster image? I was looking for it a year or so ago. So were others on a few different forums. I would love a poster of this image. Disney released high resolution images of just about every Quorra/TRON Legacy character poster image but this one.

That's an amazing picture of her. Have never seen it. Would make a great statue!

I don't know why I hoped so much for this to show up at SDCC. Guess it was just a rumor after all.

This license has been a huge disappointment considering all the hula and pictures/videos posted on it by SS.

Someone at SDCC needs to find one of those people on that TRON Legacy Sideshow video and ask them what's going on. I'm amazed that Sideshow can show four (I believe) pieces from Pacific Rim. And only still one TRON Legacy piece has been released. Surely a statue of Quorra would sell better than any of those Pacific Rim pieces. This is getting crazy now. There is still the chance that they might show something on their site. That they just didn't bring any of the TRON Legacy pieces to SDCC. But I don't see why they wouldn't seeing as they did bring a lot of older pieces there. It's basically been two and a half years since that Sideshow video posted on December 16, 2010.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/video/disneys-tron-legacy-inside-look/

I'm still willing to give Sideshow a lot of time to get these right if that's what they are doing. There are other pieces that we still haven't seen from other properties as well. Halo, GI Joe, Aliens, DC. The list goes on. It's just strange that Sideshow would release Rinzler first when pretty much everyone would want the hot cyberpunk girl over the guy with a helmet dressed in black. Even though Rinzler did sell out.

Three year anniversary of the announcement video bump.

I still want Quorra and maybe some of the other pieces. I'm sure others do too.

Man, i got pretty excited seeing this thread bumped. :( I still want this sideshow!

Seeing how poorly the entire product line sold between HT and SS I seriously doubt we will ever see more from this line.

I bought and still have the HT Sam Flynn light cycle, and Kevin Flynn figures. The Rinzler statue to me was a major disappointment. Terrible pose, discs too small, and a super hero body. Even if SS did Quorra I'm afraid she would look like Jessica from Rodger Rabbit!

I would be happy with a disc replica like they advertised over the statue any day.

True. Overall the movie license as a whole did not do nearly as well as Disney was hoping. That being said, the "sex sells" model seems to really work with industries this niche and I wouldn't be surprised if Quorra sold out if she had a low edition size. I guess from Sideshow's perspective, it wouldn't be worth the hassle. It's a shame too, but I in part blame Hot Toys and Sideshow for their strange choices in releases. Why would Hot Toys start with Kevin and then later do Sam as a non poseable? It was a weird choice. Meanwhile, Sideshow picked Rinzler of all things to do. It's a design that doesn't translate well into a statue since it's fairly basic without lots of light up gimmicks. Quorra probably would have been the best choice for a starting release to test waters on both sides.

True. Overall the movie license as a whole did not do nearly as well as Disney was hoping. That being said, the "sex sells" model seems to really work with industries this niche and I wouldn't be surprised if Quorra sold out if she had a low edition size. I guess from Sideshow's perspective, it wouldn't be worth the hassle. It's a shame too, but I in part blame Hot Toys and Sideshow for their strange choices in releases. Why would Hot Toys start with Kevin and then later do Sam as a non poseable? It was a weird choice. Meanwhile, Sideshow picked Rinzler of all things to do. It's a design that doesn't translate well into a statue since it's fairly basic without lots of light up gimmicks. Quorra probably would have been the best choice for a starting release to test waters on both sides.

:goodpost: I don't think Rinzler was a poor choice to kick off with, the execution of the piece was just terrible imo.

Well guys, I can't believe we still didn't get a Quorra preview in Sideshow's 12 Days of Christmas. But we did get a vague unofficial comment on the SF. For the record, along with Sideshow's video from December 2010, there was this earlier video announcing Disney licenses which included TRON:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/video/comic-con-2010-panel-disney/

I just can't understand how after Sideshow makes both of those videos and also posts this answer in their "Ask Sideshow" section on the site:

"We are in fact developing lots of Tron: Legacy products. Not only the Sam Flynn Light Disc set, but also a 1:4 scale Lightcycle and an as-of-yet-unannounced 1:4 scale villain too. Because the light features are so essential to Tron, we need additional time to work out all of the engineering and functionality on our..." (The quote is not complete because Sideshow looks to be removing all the Q & A and Ask Sideshow stuff from their site)

https://webcache.googleusercontent....ense/tron-legacy-2/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also remember that there was an "Ask Sideshow" question wondering if the TRON stuff would make it to SDCC 2011. It was stated that the pieces probably wouldn't make it but would show up afterwards. Now after all that and three and a half years we are at this point. And few things are worth a three and a half year wait.

With all the female statues produced by Sideshow, it is pretty shocking that we might not get Quorra. Put up a poll of who would get Rinzler or Quorra and I'm sure it would be 100% Quorra. I have a feeling that some of problems with this release are on Disney too. They have handled a few TRON things poorly. This can't be Sideshow thinking that she won't sell. Even their so so female statues and ones with problems sell out and continue to go for premium prices. They are making a 200 exclusive edition size of the Prometheus Engineer. 200 of Quorra would sell out in less than an hour. Remember how 450 of the Mark Brooks' Psylocke Exclusive comiquette sold out in approximately 15 minutes. Think about it, a light up 200 edition statue of Quorra would be gone faster than Psylocke. I wonder how the people who purchased Rinzler feel about the other pieces possibly not coming out? No way all 325 of them just wanted Rinzler alone. I guess we can hope that if Sideshow doesn't release Quorra, then maybe Gentle Giant might make her if and when the TRON Legacy sequel comes out. But I think Gentle Giant's "we scanned the actress" thing can be hit and miss.

Companies shouldn't tease possible products in public to gauge response instead of testing this stuff in house or in private with retailers. Or simply having a feel for what your customers want. Which is how it should be handled. Or at the very least put a statement in the videos, previews, on display at SDCC, etc. that what is shown might not be released. I like seeing an artist's work and possible statue designs. But this TRON Legacy stuff was different. This isn't like paging through an artist's Comic Con sketchbook and thinking that would make a nice statue. It wasn't a "doesn't this look cool, we might release this if Disney or Sideshow management gives us the ok and if Rinzler sells out fast" situation. Or even "if this video gets enough views or comments we'll make the whole line" or "if TRON Legacy passes $700 Million in total sales, we'll finish the line" sort of thing. If even one of those guys at that table simply said "we would like to release this stuff if it's approved" that would have been clear. If it was like those cases, I would have been wary. But none of that happened.

Also, in the old days a company didn't have to communicate with their customers. They still don't if they don't want to. They can blindly release stuff or do other forms of research and hope for the best. They can be all about profit. But once they open the doors to communicate with their customers. Once a company says we made this item in a bunch of different scales and decided on 1/4. When they say how nice all the pieces will look together and show a prototype of a piece. When they release one item and have people waiting on the other pieces and even say what they are doing with those pieces. Because the company opened up that line of communication with customers, the customers then deserve an answer as to why they aren't getting what they were told they were going to get. At least that's the way I handle business.

This delay/possible cancellation is at the top of my list of statue company previews or announcements that end up (possibly) being nothing. Sideshow will join the ranks of those companies that pulled this sort of nonsense. And I handle them by either not getting their products or if I do I try to purchase at the lowest price possible. But Sideshow has the "simple mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film..." according to their 20th Anniversary post on their 12 Days event. Hopefully I'll still get Quorra and possibly some of those other TRON Legacy items one day.

Back