Statue The TRON Legacy Quorra Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think I'd be up for a pf of this
attachment.php

Those of you asking for Hot Toys to make one should really look at their history with female figures. The body would look terrible and the head sculpt would have a soulless stare along with bad likeness. That's how they do females.

attachment.php

That would be perfect either as a PF or 1/5 scale it would look great.

attachment.php
too plain for my taste.
Those of you asking for Hot Toys to make one should really look at their history with female figures. The body would look terrible and the head sculpt would have a soulless stare along with bad likeness. That's how they do females.

I never had an issue with the knees on the female figures I used to have from HT. Thought Babydoll and Alice looked great, new Black Widow looks awesome as does Catwoman :dunno

too plain for my taste.

I never had an issue with the knees on the female figures I used to have from HT. Thought Babydoll and Alice looked great, new Black Widow looks awesome as does Catwoman :dunno

Potentially 4 good figures out of a whole barrel of terrible ones isn't exactly a track record worth banking on. She'd be an overpriced mess. Might as well get a statue for a little more.

You're just one of those ppl that's hard to please like Ray :lol

I'm not a HT fanboy by any means (if anything I'm a sideshow fanboy) but I would hardly call any HT figure terrible.

Also, I see no reason of writing the figure off as an "overpriced mess" when it could very well be potentially a great looking figure. Figures>statues in my book so i'd much prefer a 1/6 figure to go with me current dispaly of Tron stuff even though I own a few statues. I'm not saying I don't want a Quorra PF but I wouldn't mind a 1/6 figure anyway even if it was in the Power Pose Series.

And you're going to call out Hot Toys on their females might as well do the same for SS. Sideshow has some of the worst QC issues when it comes to their female statues which every member here usually praying they don't get a crossed eyed or c ock-eyed paint job and just over all bad paint job. Even some of the Dutch PFs had one eye looking forward and one eye looking to the side. This Quorra PF (if it gets made) could be every bit of an "overpriced mess" as the HT figure b/c this would undoubtedly cost more than the Rinzler PF since they'll have to pay for a likeness this time around and you have the high potential getting really shorty paint apps

If the first Black Widow and the Silk Spectre figures were indicative of HT female figures now then I can see how it wouldn't be a great prospect. But, they seem to me with the latest offerings they have greatly improved. The new Black Widow appears to be leaps and bounds better than then the Iron Man version. I've been really impressed with the Catwoman pics I've seen also.

It looks like they used her pose for the Black Widow PF :lol

I would love one though I think that *** focused pose is pretty tasteless (not suiting for the character) and too similar to other poses like the Black Widow one.

I just noticed that about the pose and I was about to get the Black Widow PF too. Now I need to think a bit more.

I will say that the Quorra concept looks to be based off the posters. So it's not that far off. I have a bunch of images but they need to be re-sized to be attached. Simple "Quorra poster" image search will bring them up.

Yea the Maquettes seem to be doing fine but I'm talking about way before they were doing the Maquettes, the 1/6 figures were said to be put on hold while they worked on other stuff and we never saw another figure. I remember they even told fans that if they really wanted the figures they should mail macaroni put together looking like the figure they wanted, which is just reduculous.

I really want Quorra as well, but I don't trust them jus like I don't trust HT when they say they're going to make a certain amount of products from a certain film or property.

Oh, I didn't know about the LotR figures. But with TRON Legacy, I'm sticking to what the whole Sideshow group said. To me, Sideshow will look pretty lame making that video and just releasing Rinzler. They could have cancelled Rinzler if they wanted to since he was basically delayed a whole year.

I'd be game, but I'd prefer a PF version. Moreover, I wish HOT TOYS would have produced a 1:6 figure version as well.

If Hot Toys released Quorra, I have a feeling that she would have the doll hair like Black Widow. Also, I realized why I don't like many of the skintight costumed Hot Toys figures. You can see the joint around the knee area.

attachment.php

Sideshow does have a thing for releasing characters sitting down. I still like the Quorra concept more. But sitting, I'll take this image of Gem. Someone commissioned a Gem statue of her relaxing in another pose.

Also, does anyone have a higher quality image of the Quorra Facebook banner/poster image? I was looking for it a year or so ago. So were others on a few different forums. I would love a poster of this image. Disney released high resolution images of just about every Quorra/TRON Legacy character poster image but this one.

Oh, I didn't know about the LotR figures. But with TRON Legacy, I'm sticking to what the whole Sideshow group said. To me, Sideshow will look pretty lame making that video and just releasing Rinzler. They could have cancelled Rinzler if they wanted to since he was basically delayed a whole year.

Yea you would think now that they figured out how to do the lights successfully with the Rinzler PF, a Quorre PF or anything after would be relatively easy

ReplicantSavior said:
If Hot Toys released Quorra, I have a feeling that she would have the doll hair like Black Widow. Also, I realized why I don't like many of the skintight costumed Hot Toys figures. You can see the joint around the knee area.

The hair could go either way. It really depends on what the licensor wants or what they think would work better. Howard Chan originally said that the new black widow was going to have sculpted hair then it was said that Yulli (the sculptor) said that she prefered the real hair on black widow so that's what they went with of memory serves me right.

However, Quorra's hair is shorter than Black Widow's and more angular and not curled or styled like BW's so I'd imagine they'd go with sculpted hair but anything is possible

ReplicantSavior said:
Also, does anyone have a higher quality image of the Quorra Facebook banner/poster image? I was looking for it a year or so ago. So were others on a few different forums. I would love a poster of this image. Disney released high resolution images of just about every Quorra/TRON Legacy character poster image but this one.

I like the poster/image of Quorra you attached. That would be great pose for the PF

I like the poster/image of Quorra you attached. That would be great pose for the PF

The only reason I like Sideshow's concept more than the Facebook poster is because walking poses rarely look good in statue forum to me. I think the best one is the Adam Hughes Rogue statue. I think the wall helps. All the others I've seen seem frozen and not moving. Besides Sideshow's version should have her smiling like in the posters.

Using the new Google image search turned up images of the same resolution. So I think we are going to need someone that worked on the TRON Legacy site or production's help to get a high quality file of this Quorra Facebook poster image. Or maybe Disney will let some company make a poster of it. It's a crime that they didn't release it in high resolution.

I hadn't see that image before. It is my favorite so far. I would think a high end collectible of Quorra whether it was an HT figure or a Sideshow PF would sell well being that she was a favorite character for many. I'm convinced she would sell better than a Sucker Punch girl and there has been a stuff of made of them.

I hadn't see that image before. It is my favorite so far. I would think a high end collectible of Quorra whether it was an HT figure or a Sideshow PF would sell well being that she was a favorite character for many. I'm convinced she would sell better than a Sucker Punch girl and there has been a stuff of made of them.

Yeah Sideshow fast tracked Baby Doll but I believe that's it for the Sucker Punch line. Not that I don't like Sucker Punch. I would like a statue of Baby Doll but I don't think Sideshow's or Gentle Giant's is perfect. I do own Sweet Pea however. They got the likeness too on Baby Doll so I can't imagine that is the problem with Quorra. Let's see what the first newsletter of the month has in store for us...

I've wondered what an Olivia Wilde likeness would look like. She kind of has some unusual distinctive facial features that I'm not sure if that would make it easier or harder for a sculptor to capture.

I've wondered what an Olivia Wilde likeness would look like. She kind of has some unusual distinctive facial features that I'm not sure if that would make it easier or harder for a sculptor to capture.

Sideshow's Baroness figure is modeled after Olivia Wilde. I'm getting it pretty much for that.

Anyways, I hope Quorra finally makes an appearance at SDCC next week. It's been long enough.

I'd be more likely to buy this than I would have been given the TRON drought.

Back