The Tracker Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is good, but it could have been an absolute killer.

predorig.jpg

Now where is the P2 and Wolf???

that does look amazing. a great price also. but have no interest in predators line. l really want SS to make some P1 and P2 maquettes like this. they look great and we can all afford one.

1/4 statues are nice and all, but lets be realistic here:

A 1/4 Pred would be at/around $1000, and theres not 1, but 3 preds (4 if you count classic), so the chances of buyers paying 3k or 4k are slim to none, and sideshow would be sitting on inventory for a LONG time (not even the P1 pred [as popular as it is] didnt sell out until much later). So it makes more sense to release smaller scale statues at the far more economical $300 mark, be able to do ALL the characters, and still have a good chance of people going ahead and buying all of them up.

IF they ever decide to do a 1/4, I bet it would ONLY be the Berserker and wont be till much later.

Keep in mind that that Sideshow themselves said they have Predators Merch planned beyond 2011... (Which I fear means is going to take FOREVER to see all the announced stuff :monkey2 )

Yeah, I don't understand all the "if it's not 1:4, I'm not buying it" crap.

If it's a great statue, then what's the big deal if it's not 1:4.

Do these people ONLY collect 1:4 stuff?

I complretely agree with you Sabre and Kaijuboy.....all of this 1/4 scale mumbo jumbo is not neccessary for the Predators movie pieces. The scale that the tracker maquette and subsequent falconer and beserker maquettes will be in is going to be excellent and sufficient - the statue is actually pretty freakin big considering the price you are paying (16.5" tall) and it includes a very dynamic pose with an additional character from the movie. I understand that if you dont like the statue because of the pose you wouldnt buy it, but to not buy it simply because its not 1/4 scale doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Let Sideshow save the 1/4 scale stuff for Predator character that really matter, like Predator 1 and 2 and the Wolf :)

I'm on board for every single item in this line and this is going to be my first statue.

A 1/4 Pred would be at/around $1000, and theres not 1, but 3 preds (4 if you count classic), so the chances of buyers paying 3k or 4k are slim to none, and sideshow would be sitting on inventory for a LONG time (not even the P1 pred [as popular as it is] didnt sell out until much later). So it makes more sense to release smaller scale statues at the far more economical $300 mark, be able to do ALL the characters, and still have a good chance of people going ahead and buying all of them up.

IF they ever decide to do a 1/4, I bet it would ONLY be the Berserker and wont be till much later.

Keep in mind that that Sideshow themselves said they have Predators Merch planned beyond 2011... (Which I fear means is going to take FOREVER to see all the announced stuff :monkey2 )

Good points here. I still likely wont bite though unless the other 2 just blow me away, which is possible.

Yeah, I don't understand all the "if it's not 1:4, I'm not buying it" crap.

If it's a great statue, then what's the big deal if it's not 1:4.

Do these people ONLY collect 1:4 stuff?

Besides my 5 CM's my other 40 odd statues are Sideshow 1:4 :monkey3 :monkey4 :peace
No doubt this is a nice statue and it looks like all of the series will be. I will just pick up the Wolf instead of these 3.

I agree about the price point and it being beneficial in delivering and making affordable the whole character range. Especially in the current economic climate.
Yet without mixed media and in this statues' case the inclusion of the "dog", a larger scale fully sculpted statue realistically should not cost that much more than $300. Falconer and Mr Black from the preview are not as complex as this piece since they seem to be just the individuals on their own. The dog could be sold separately anyway.

Look at the Cyborg Darth Maul PF @ $335. It is 24.5 inches tall, includes fabrication and these Predator statues are no more of a big deal to make than this statue would have been.

Anyone get any notices for this, I was sure my final payment was suppose to come out first of next week but haven't received any notice on it at all.

Anyone get any notices for this, I was sure my final payment was suppose to come out first of next week but haven't received any notice on it at all.

This hasn't been listed in the "Coming in 30 days" section of the SS newsletter yet (as of the last newsletter), so it's not coming out anytime soon.

This hasn't been listed in the "Coming in 30 days" section of the SS newsletter yet (as of the last newsletter), so it's not coming out anytime soon.

My last payment was 1/25/11 but just got an email saying that it got push back to 2/25/11 guess we got to wait another month for it

Last edited:
Has anyone received notification that the release date for the maquette has been pushed back?

Based on the previous post above mine, it looks like it's supposedly going to be coming out next week.

Back