The Time Machine "Morlok" Resin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toastybuffoon

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just got this in from Ebay. Awesome piece. Resin figure and base, with hair on the head, arms, and legs. Stands 10 inches tall. I guess this was produced by a company called Lunar models which apparently went out of business. Apparently the skulls and bones didn't come with the kit but were added to the base for a pretty cool diorama.

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

That my friend, is a bonafide antique. Lunar Models was one of, if not the first American "garage kit" company. And this is one of their earliest releases from the mid-80's, as I remember it. Lunar also did a sweet 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY kit back then too.

One of the progenitors of the hobby we all enjoy.

My pleasure. You know, many of the big names in collectibles sculpting today got their start in the garage kit hobby. Paquet, Bowen, and many others started out working for groups like Lunar, Resin from the Grave, Alternative Images, and Dimensional Designs. The hobby started in Japan with Tsukuda and Billiken making vinyl kits, and Scoop making resin ones. The US was close behind in getting onboard.

I think I would re-paint it. :monkey3:peace

Yeah, not exactly the best paint job on it to be sure. Not sure if I want to go there though. It still looks quite good on my shelf and I have a kit that should arrive on my doorstep Tuesday for me to build and paint. It will be my first kit that I'm going to attempt a full on paint for. I'm a fan of Fulci's films, so this one was a no brainer for me. I'll post a thread with my results sometime down the line when I feel it is complete.

https://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/altimages/zombies/?action=view&current=2c5982eb.pbw

Back