The Thing PF EX, Black Queen CQ EX and Green Goblin PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dns600

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need your opinion and thoughts on these statues.........

Why is the THing pf ex not rising up in value even if it's sold out and an old piece?

And if your were given the chance to choose between black queen com ex and green goblin premium format, what would you choose and why? Thanks again....

The thing is rare big and cool. But not every piece is going to raise in value. The thing s really losing money same could happen to rhino who knows. Just collect them if you like them. Raise in value is an extra bonus if it happens. I would get goblin out of the 2.

Revised thanks.

Last edited:
The thing is rare big and cool. But not every piece is going to raise in value. The thing s really losing money same could happen to rhino who knows. Just collect them if you like them. Raise in value is an extra bonus if it happens. I don't think they made a black queen PF? It might ave been a omiquette 1/5 scale and not PF 1/4. I would get goblin out f the 2.

He never said black queen pf. Btw I would go with the black queen comi.

Hi guys,

Why is the THing pf ex not rising up in value even if it's sold out and an old piece?

And if your were given the chance to choose between black queen com ex and green goblin premium format, what would you choose and why? Thanks again....

Thing is a pretty underrated PF. I guess the value hasn't changed much due to the pose which is my main problem with it but his rank in the Marvel stable, ordinary movies, space he takes up, cost of shipping etc play a part...:dunno
I wouldn't get either of the other two, Black Queen is 1/5 and GG is OK but has a ridiculous name plate. I am sure both will be revisited some day and hopefully we get a better version.

The thing is rare big and cool. But not every piece is going to raise in value. The thing s really losing money same could happen to rhino who knows. Just collect them if you like them. Raise in value is an extra bonus if it happens. I would get goblin out of the 2.

Revised thanks.

Why goblin for you? Thanks

He never said black queen pf. Btw I would go with the black queen comi.

Thing is a pretty underrated PF. I guess the value hasn't changed much due to the pose which is my main problem with it but his rank in the Marvel stable, ordinary movies, space he takes up, cost of shipping etc play a part...:dunno
I wouldn't get either of the other two, Black Queen is 1/5 and GG is OK but has a ridiculous name plate. I am sure both will be revisited some day and hopefully we get a better version.

Thanks! So if ever, out of the 3, the thing pf ex is the safest/best pick?

Thanks! So if ever, out of the 3, the thing pf ex is the safest/best pick?

I don't think I can answer that for you that is up to you. f I had to buy one of the 3 it would be Thing, I think it's a cool PF - but could have been better. If you like Thing and like the photos that are around I don't think you will be too disappointed.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31095&page=23

I don't like 1/5 scale so the BQ is out and GG's fabric doesn't quite work (not as well as the Spidey PF does and they are similar) and the name plate is dumb.

If I were you I'd get the character I like best out of the 3 if you think the sculpt does them justice and they work in your collection as far as scale goes.

I like the Thing pF eX. It's a wonderful sculpt & I wish SSC would finish the other FF characters. Maybe in due time, it's value will rise. I have 2 BQs Ex and it's very nice. I don't think there will be another bare butt sculpt again with Disney interfering with the marvel license. GG is just fugly. I would not pay $50 for it.

Hi guys,

Hey pally, I own both the thing ex and green goblin pf.
The thing would gain more value if they made reed richards, johnny storm, and same scale sue storm as companion pieces, and I hope SSC completes this line. If they're apart of a set they gain more value to collectors.

Green goblin looks amazing the name plate isn't a deal breaker for me and hes ghoulish looking badass! I have him sitting next to hob goblin and they look great together. i got him for 330 shipped but no shipper, color box and GG stuck!!! of smoke, took about a year to air out.

IMG-20120715-00140.jpg

The Thing PF EX is awesome. It's funny that it never went up in value since it was a companion piece to the Hulk PF. It was on gift card status when I got my EX.

Green Goblin looks awesome especially with all the other Spidey characters.

The Thing PF is arguably my favorite of all of the PFs in the Marvel line. I haven't figured out why there isn't more appreciation for it.

The Thing PF is arguably my favorite of all of the PFs in the Marvel line. I haven't figured out why there isn't more appreciation for it.

I love my Thing EX as well. One of the most imposing and true to comics pieces SSC has ever done. I can't see myself parting with it even though I despise the box. I guess he's nowhere near as popular a character as he was in the 60's and 70's, but I agree that as soon as a PF is made of either the Human Torch or Sue Storm it's gonna be more sought-after.

I love my Thing EX as well. One of the most imposing and true to comics pieces SSC has ever done. I can't see myself parting with it even though I despise the box. I guess he's nowhere near as popular a character as he was in the 60's and 70's, but I agree that as soon as a PF is made of either the Human Torch or Sue Storm it's gonna be more sought-after.

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I bought it as a compliment piece to the Hulk PF and oddly enough, my Hulk PF is now in storage while this is on display. :lol

He's definitely not my favorite Marvel character, and in fact, I'm not even that savy when it comes to F4 trivia, but SSC just really hit the mark with this one.

And I agree. If and when a Human Torch or Sue Storm PF hits, this will skyrocket in-demand. For now though, he's a loner! :lol

The Thing PF EX is one of the best PFs made by Sideshow IMO. I love the EX portrait with the teeth and a textured tongue inside the mouth, that's the kind of detail that makes this hobby high end.

I remember the initial reaction was that the in-hand pics showed a really weird orange paint finish, which really drove people away from purchasing this piece. I haven't seen any weird orange Thing PF ever since, so it was probably just an isolated issue or perhaps problem with the camera itself. My thing PF have the correct color, as do any Thing PF you see in people's collection. Get him if you enjoy the character and can find a good deal, you never know if the price will eventually go up, especially when other FF members get released.

-

Back