The Thing (1982) 1/6 custom MacReady

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viezure

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now now, don't want to get your hopes up, there isn't any made by me at the moment. But my question is exactly this: are there any? I love this movie and i've been thinking for a long time to make a custom macready.

What do you think about this head, would it be ok, if i added a beard (not sculpted)?

56879156.jpg

59522312.jpg

85627018.jpg

Here's some pics of the original :D

kurtj.jpg

kurt2.jpg

kurt3.jpg

Yeh agreed, the Hot Toys PMC headsculpt is problably the best for MacReady.

Elvis, any more pics of that macready? I'm not sure the likeness is there, with the pmc sculpt.

Well the likeness isn't quiet there, but IMO that is the best.
I don't know wich other headsculpt could work.
And that TTL to me seems to be looking too old.

Woah, great clothing and weathering. What's the jacket called?

Great looking custom! The snow effect is perfect! Mac looks pretty frosty. Great figure from one of the most unsettling movies ever made.

I put the op head on your custom to see how it'd look:

img7510copy.jpg

Hmm, i can see what you mean by older..

hahah he looks just like gandalf!

:lol :lol I thought the same thing. That head has been used by a few people for a Stuntman Mike figure. Its a semi-passable likeness for an older Kurt Russel (mostly due to the scar and hair style)... but not young Russel as he appeared in The Thing.

Here's a MacCready I made with the PMC figure. I know my painting isn't great so please forgive it, but I think the heads likeness works well.

thing-collage.gif

If i'd find a head that could work, i'd start to build one right up. That HT pmc head can't be found on ebay, just the whole figure for way too much money.

Oh and mookey, watched the blu-ray? Amazing quality, miles better than the dvd version.

Back