The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Darth Indy though. If Quin is really dead then that was a whole lot of sizzle and no steak.

Oh I agree with that. Not sure if Quin is dead though. He did get shot quite a few times though. Not sure if that can kill him either. Guess we'll find out tonight.

I'd be curious to find out where the Master came from at the very beginning. Alien? Freak of nature? Is his true form a worm or snake?

Ahhhh......Adam and Eve's snake from Eden?

Oh I agree with that. Not sure if Quin is dead though. He did get shot quite a few times though. Not sure if that can kill him either. Guess we'll find out tonight.

I'd be curious to find out where the Master came from at the very beginning. Alien? Freak of nature? Is his true form a worm or snake?

Ahhhh......Adam and Eve's snake from Eden?

If they stick with the books, you'll get an origin for the master and the others.

well,Quinn is alive and ready to do in the Ancients for not telling him after a thousand years about the Red Worm.Now at least Setrakian knows for sure.What about Eichorst creating suicide bomber out of Strigoli.It almost did in Faraldo,if it wasn't for Fet.Anyway who is the Red Worm going to possess next.Eichorst?

I am really digging this show. This season has been much more interesting than the last. I like how they have deviated from the books. It works for me.

Glad to see Quin is still alive. I am curious about whom the Master took as his new host body. I assume he has already done so as he took control of that strigoi at the end of the episode.

I am really digging this show. This season has been much more interesting than the last. I like how they have deviated from the books. It works for me.

Glad to see Quin is still alive. I am curious about whom the Master took as his new host body. I assume he has already done so as he took control of that strigoi at the end of the episode.

Tbh I think this season is pretty bad, just seems patchy with no direction

Still have to see episode 4 though

Lots of stuff in this episode.I liked how Fet was tagging the strigoi and found their Central Park sleepover.Dutch and Eph almost had something with the Microwaves,back to the Vodka.Nice flashbacks to Amsterdam.Too bad Setrakian didn't have time to take full advantage of the nightlife.Setrakian did find an important key to reading the Lumen,sunlight."After being surrounded by an army of thousands,the living plague was contained within a stone sarcophagus lined with an alloy of silver and lead,a tomb for the creature and the crimson worm within it,trapped for all eternity" And we find the Worm has to be imprisoned.So now the hunt for the next/new Master is on.

Last edited:
Lots of stuff in this episode.I liked how Fet was tagging the strigoi and found their Central Park sleepover.Dutch and Eph almost had something with the Microwaves,back to the Vodka.Nice flashbacks to Amsterdam.Too bad Setrakian didn't have time to take full advantage of the nightlife.Setrakian did find an important key to reading the Lumen,sunlight."After being surrounded by an army of thousands,the living plague was contained within a stone sarcophagus lined with an alloy of silver and lead,a tomb for the creature and the crimson worm within it,trapped for all eternity" And we find the Worm has to be imprisoned.So now the hunt for the next/new Master is on.

Great spoiler buddy. Good thing Mr. Green already watched this episode.

sorry about that Mr G.Good thing you already viewed the episode.I was going to go back in and add a spoiler so no one else would be spoiled until I realized you also posted my complete spoiler.Next week should be good,the Battle of Central Park.

Last edited:
Glad they're wrapping this up with Season 4. Originally it was only going to be three seasons but FX pushed for five.

The story felt alot tighter in Season 1 when they were still shooting for 3.

Glad they're wrapping this up with Season 4. Originally it was only going to be three seasons but FX pushed for five.

The story felt alot tighter in Season 1 when they were still shooting for 3.

I figured they go to 5. It's seems to be the magic number these days.

They're all good. Yo, we need to crack their communication and put them away, like the Stargate series. Make them serve us if possible. These parasite think they're all that.

Was this the last show of the season?

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I think they are only halfway through the season.

As far as the Master goes, they have deviated significantly from the books. Bolivar was the Master until the book series ended.

Back