The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it as well.
At least they did not waste the initial episode on the origin.
I thought it was done very well.
But, for some reason, I felt is was reaching to a younger audience than the 90's series. Maybe because of the animation. I am not all that hip with this manga style animation and comic book art.

saw my first 2 episodes today.

Not bad. Will watch more next week.

I liked it as well.
At least they did not waste the initial episode on the origin.
I thought it was done very well.
But, for some reason, I felt is was reaching to a younger audience than the 90's series. Maybe because of the animation. I am not all that hip with this manga style animation and comic book art.

Yea it's got the Teen Titans style animation, which IMO is second rate to the JLU/90s spider-man series. BUT, I enjoyed the series, which they could create a bit more mature animated series, like the 90s cartoons, but I'll take what I can get I suppose.

I wasn't that impressed. Like a friend of mine on another forum said, it was like Spidey meets Dawson's Creek.

I'll give it a few more eps to grab me though.

It was better than I was expecting but I had low expectations going in since it seems to be aimed at a younger audience.

Didn't care for Liz or how Eddie Brock is involved in the story lines.

I did like how they did some of the animation to match the movies where Spidey lands on the train and the running leap off the building. Lots of foreshadowing and building story arcs though the episodes was a nice touch.

But, for some reason, I felt is was reaching to a younger audience than the 90's series.

Say it ain't so on the KIDS WB. Not trying to pick but seriously i think its really suppose to be for the young ones. I curled up on the couch with my boy and watched it. I enjoyed it, and myself am glad that they are gauging it toward a younger audience.

Personally, im tired of all the super hero movies that kids grow up adoring that are PG13, or borderline PG. I really wish hollywood would do a kids version superheroish (transformers included) type movies. The main reason is they target all the hype (toys/merchandise) towards exciting kids and building them up to go see the movie. Then there's cussing, inuendo's and whatever else they can throw in without getting an R rating. Obviously, it adds more for me, but they don't need to see it. They release two versions of music I don't see why they can't make a kids cut of a movie.

Sorry for the rant.... :eek:

Last edited:
Wow, that was quite a rant.:confused:

Maybe I should have been clearer.
I thought it was targeting a younger audience than what the 90's cartoon series seemed to.
Plus I was 10 years younger when that series was out.
I just said that the animation looked more like it was targeted for a younger audience.
Plus the fact that it is a Saturday morning cartoon, that tends to make it child oriented.
I didn't say it was bad, just stated that it seemed to target blah, blah, blah.
That is why they go through cycles.
Restart the stories, with different takes.
I like that they do not stick to the comic book.
I don't want to watch the same story over and over, just in a different medium or a different art style.

I also watched it with my 3 year old son, who was glued cause of 'Pider-Man.
My 18 month daughter wasn't all that into it though, but then again, TV ain't her thing just yet.:D

Back