The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff. Tempted to add a modern Spawn to my pledge, but I'll wait to see what else he has in store.

Todd, please fix the torso and update the pics to show all of the new add-ons. Or at least confirm that the torso will be staying as is. I just want to know if I should buy this figure or not.

Todd, please fix the torso and update the pics to show all of the new add-ons. Or at least confirm that the torso will be staying as is. I just want to know if I should buy this figure or not.

He's not on this board... but it does seem like he wants to keep the current torso sculpt for now.

He has said a couple times that he does not think the costume fits the torso cut well,
so my guess is that it will be a solid piece. Hardly a deal breaker, if you ask me.

Asking him to "fix" the torso is completely subjective. It's not broken, lol.

Not sure why the torso cut is such a over-exaggerated deal with some people...?

One hundred percent I don’t want a joint in the torso. If you want that get the MK figure it’s a fun figure but to me rhe Kickstarter spawn looks so much betters

I can live with it but I do agree about the twist though. No need to do the twist.

Got my big boot and gauntlet I’d say I’m a happy man but I also want to know the other glove will be black not red and the pouches will be on the opposite leg. The rest I’ll live with.

I don't need a chest cut. I'm mostly going to display him holding the machine gun. I will have him without a cape and wearing a bandolier (from another figure) sometimes.

Spawn is all about these 6 things:

1. Cape
2. White face and chest lines
3. Yellow eyes
4. Spiked armor and chains
5. Big guns

How about 6!

The one element that Spawn has that no other superhero has is the attachment of Keith David voice to Spawn.

When people see any other superhero drawn on paper they don?t hear their voice but with Spawn you do it is crazy.

That is a good and bad thing for Todd lol

Now with Charles Xavier one does actually hear the cartoon voice in their head and with Spiderman not so much a voice but more his quips get what i?m saying.

So yeah back to Spawn.

Give me a great cape i?ll deal with the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each figure now comes with a unique weapon. I'm really tempted to add a modern to my classic pledge now, that souped-up grenade launcher is too damn cool.

It seems on the Kickstarter page necroplasm stuff is the most wanted all around. Like hands and stuff.

I’ve been lobbying for further upgrades to the modern spawn to make it more accurate like the black painted glove and bandolier on the leg swapped to the other side etc but it seems people are upset the modern keeps getting upgrades but the classic does not

It seems on the Kickstarter page necroplasm stuff is the most wanted all around. Like hands and stuff.

I’ve been lobbying for further upgrades to the modern spawn to make it more accurate like the black painted glove and bandolier on the leg swapped to the other side etc but it seems people are upset the modern keeps getting upgrades but the classic does not

Green energy effects would be cool. I like that, although I have a few already I can use.

I think they keep upgrading the modern figure because the numbers of "sales" are significantly lower than the classic, so they're trying to make it more appealing.

So far, the classic has 4, 351 backers. The modern, 437.

Still, I understand if some people are annoyed. I was just thinking today that the classic seems to be getting the least amount of upgrades, or at least, any upgrades that are exclusives to that figure, but in a way it's already coming with more than what I thought it was including when I backed the project, so I'm happy either way. :)

That 2nd screaming head alone for the classic makes it better than modern.

Now watch classic only get additional articulation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each figure comes with the same amount of stuff -- two heads and a unique weapon -- the only exception being the modern's big boot. Yet some people are actually cancelling their pledges because in their minds, if they weren't the last ones serviced, they're not being serviced at all. I'd expect only children to think this way, but in this day and age...

Does the modern version only come with the unmasked head? Does it come with the masked head too? I’m trying to debate which version I should get

Back