The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright articulation video is up with first factory prototype.

I like what I see. Don't know how I feel about the possibility of a rubber torso, but if that's what they end up choosing, it is what it is. Pretty good range at the clavicle and waist, so even if they go with hard plastic, it'll still have decent poseability.

Does the modern version only come with the unmasked head? Does it come with the masked head too? I’m trying to debate which version I should get

It comes with the unmasked shoelace head and the unmasked Al Simmons (human) head.

God bless Todd, he really is excited and cares but seeing the prototype just confirms that the articulation doesn't help the torso being in a twist pose. You know what would be cool? If after this figure is all said and done he tried a Spawn figure like the Mezco Batman 1989 figure or the TBLeague Vampirella 1/12 figure. I'm not a giant fan of the seamless bodies but sometimes they work. I do think it might be a cool experiment to try since Todd hates articulation breaking up a sculpt. And give that version a wired cloth cape?

Plenty of figures have rubber pieces and torso's, like a bunch of Storm Collectibles figures. It'll be fine, that articulation video looked great. I don't even care about Spawn and have just been looking on the sidelines, but I might try one out just to see.

Plenty of figures have rubber pieces and torso's, like a bunch of Storm Collectibles figures. It'll be fine, that articulation video looked great. I don't even care about Spawn and have just been looking on the sidelines, but I might try one out just to see.

Is it all the same material, though? I would think Storm being a little higher end means they have access to more durable rubber than Todd.

Then again, Hot Toys has **** the bed with rubber parts numerous times, so maybe pricepoint has nothing to do with it.

Is it all the same material, though? I would think Storm being a little higher end means they have access to more durable rubber than Todd.

Then again, Hot Toys has **** the bed with rubber parts numerous times, so maybe pricepoint has nothing to do with it.

When it comes to high end hot toys i?m ok with articulation being 95% eliminated by their super restrictive tight clothing or vinyl skins because i?m just posing them in a static vanilla straight vertical pose BUT with 6 and 7 inch action figures I want fully exposed joints dammit so that I can pose the heck out of them.

I don?t give mezco a pass like I do for hot toys I find their super restrictive costumes to be a real turn off at 6 inch especially with their thick and usually frayed stitching lines yuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the video. You can hear Todd's hatred towards articulation in his voice as he's comparing the prototype with the beautiful statue that he loves so much. :lol

Anyway, it's kind of hard to tell what the final product will look like with the paint. They could add a seamless cut under the pectoral muscles and it wouldn't be noticeable, but I'll take it the way it is now.

I was surprised by the size of the machine gun. It's almost as big as the figure, and I love it. :lol

edit

I jus saw the 5 minute video. Gun doesn't look as big in that one. First video I saw was 40 seconds on Facebook.

The figure looks awesome. The articulation is more than I need. As far as the rubber torso, I've seen that before and it's durable, so I don't care. Soft, hard, I'll take it either way.

I saw the video. You can hear Todd's hatred towards articulation in his voice as he's comparing the prototype with the beautiful statue that he loves so much. :lol

Anyway, it's kind of hard to tell what the final product will look like with the paint. They could add a seamless cut under the pectoral muscles and it wouldn't be noticeable, but I'll take it the way it is now.

I was surprised by the size of the machine gun. It's almost as big as the figure, and I love it. :lol

edit

I jus saw the 5 minute video. Gun doesn't look as big in that one. First video I saw was 40 seconds on Facebook.

The figure looks awesome. The articulation is more than I need. As far as the rubber torso, I've seen that before and it's durable, so I don't care. Soft, hard, I'll take it either way.

Yup he like why would you need your figure to be a gymnast lol

I think the articulation looks pretty good but I do not like the way the neck moves...it looks very odd

Yeah gap seems big.

This isn't at all like Hot Toys rubber/silicone bodies. Like I said this looks like Storm Collectibles figures. They have torso pieces that are soft plastic/rubbery, but not silicone. I can't think of the right words, but think rubber, not silicone.

This isn't at all like Hot Toys rubber/silicone bodies. Like I said this looks like Storm Collectibles figures. They have torso pieces that are soft plastic/rubbery, but not silicone. I can't think of the right words, but think rubber, not silicone.

The rubber on HT's older figures was quite stretchy, not like the silicone they use now. I've seen both materials last and both materials fail (either by deteriorating or not holding paint over time). There's no guarantee the rubber he'll use has the exact same composition as one of the other lucky few, that's the issue.

Should have just done this from the start lol:

ELEVEN new tier will allow you to pledge for multiple figures.

Look for our official announcement later today (FRIDAY) when we will be adding 11 additional tier levels for you to pledge pledge for multiple SPAWN figures.

The one question that seems to keep popping up is "How can we pledge to receive more than one figure or more than just the 3-PACK TRILOGY?" Well, now you'll have that opportunity, as we introduce 11 different tiers at 5 different levels. Those levels will be offering various combinations of figures assorted in...

2-Packs

3-Packs

4-Packs

5-Packs

6-Packs

Look for all the details later today around 2 p.m. EST. TODD

From what I understand about Kickstarter is that once it's over, you as the backer can change what you want anyway for a time period.

:lol :lol :lol

The 11 new offering are indicated by an alphabetical letter in brackets. Those letters are: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K below is what each will contain, but please read each letter's description for more details...

(A) 2-PACK: includes 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(B) 2-PACK: includes 1 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(C) 2-PACK: includes 2 CLASSIC SPAWN with 1 of them AUTOGRAPHED

(D) 2-PACK: includes 1 autographed CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(E) 3-PACK: includes 3 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(F) 3-PACK: includes 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 autographed CLASSIC SPAWN

(G) 4-PACK: includes complete set of TRILOGY 3-PACK and 1 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(H) 5-PACK: 1 complete TRILOGY 3-PACK and 1 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(I) 5-PACK: 1 complete TRILOGY 3-PACK and 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(J) 6-PACK: 1 complete TRILOGY 3-PACK and 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(K) 6-PACK: 2 complete TRILOGY 3-PACKS

Back