The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy (Slipcased Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh i agree with you, it's just personal preference. I really liked Zack in 7 for similar reasons. Didn't like CC because i felt it took away the mystery surrounding him

Definitely! FF 6 and 7 are the creme de la creme of the entire series. I hated Crisis Core too. It's just a shame that Square has watered down FF 7 with these lame prequels instead of giving us a remake - that they've promised for over a decade :slap.

In any case, the Slipcased Edition is now available at Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble... you name it. It doesn't appear to be a limited release, by any means. Still a fantastic collection for the price, though. Now if only the MGS art books were priced like this :monkey2

I want this! I'm a sucker for art books, and this one looks like it might be great, so I'll be getting it.

You won't regret it! Three books, with 576 pages in total of pure awesomeness. The slipcase also has some sort of fabric material, and it feels really high in quality.

In any case, the Slipcased Edition is now available at Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble... you name it. It doesn't appear to be a limited release, by any means. Still a fantastic collection for the price, though. Now if only the MGS art books were priced like this :monkey2

I live in Argentina, so I'll probably get it through Amazon. :)

You won't regret it! Three books, with 576 pages in total of pure awesomeness. The slipcase also has some sort of fabric material, and it feels really high in quality.

Thanks for the description! Sounds amazing, no doubt.

I'm surprised nobody had ventured into the FF 1/6 figures. There's so many good characters that could be made

I'm surprised nobody had ventured into the FF 1/6 figures. There's so many good characters that could be made

Yeah, it's pretty startling that Medicom hasn't acquired the license. They could really do a good job on Cloud and Sephiroth (at least).

I would really like armored figures in 1/6... that and western figures is what we're lacking in 1/6.

Gabranth
Lightning (Goddess/Etro gear)
Cecil (Dark Knight)
Kain
Warrior of Light

Got my copy from Amazon a few days ago. It really is a fantastic set, and they box they are all kept in is surprisingly fancy. If I had one minor complaint, it would be that little to none of the enemies are labeled. I'd personally prefer if I knew what each monster and character was named. I can recall many of the names, but some eluded me.

I've played just about every FF game, so seeing these illustrations are a real blast.

Last edited:
Art is subjective...why the ?

I think you're missing the point. It's weird to just pop into a thread when you don't have an interest in the topic, just to say that you hate something. That would be like like me, going into the ThreeA discussion and saying "I'm passing on all of these figures because I hate Ashley Wood's art work".

We're obviously discussing Final Fantasy here. Fans of the earlier FF games would be well familiar with Amano's art work - in which the designs of the in-game art is based.

I think you're missing the point. It's weird to just pop into a thread when you don't have an interest in the topic, just to say that you hate something. That would be like like me, going into the ThreeA discussion and saying "I'm passing on all of these figures because I hate Ashley Wood's art work".

We're obviously discussing Final Fantasy here. Fans of the earlier FF games would be well familiar with Amano's art work - in which the designs of the in-game art is based.

This isn't your first day. People pop into threads to say negative things all the time.

As someone who doesn't follow FF, I didn't know it was based soley on Amano's work until I looked into it, so it's not completely improbable that others are the same.

This isn't your first day. People pop into threads to say negative things all the time.

As someone who doesn't follow FF, I didn't know it was based soley on Amano's work until I looked into it, so it's not completely improbable that others are the same.

Yeah......... thanks for reminding me that it's not my first day :lol. I would have been completely oblivious to that fact, if you hadn't brought it up.

In any case, here's a review I found on YouTube of the art book box set.

I regret not getting the original box set from Amazon last year, that came with a signed autograph card from Amano. I hope that I'll have a chance to meet him one of these days, and have him sign something.

[ame]https://youtu.be/AZQuOYsGy2s[/ame]

Back