The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam- I'm so proud of you! Really!
th_thumbsup.gif

Rory, just for clarity's sake, a vegetarian diet is not what's best for most people. Most people are actually protein deficient, from only eating crappy over-processed meats.

Getting rid of the junk food and eating real, whole natural food is what's making you feel better. Your body is able to cleanse out some of the toxins from the processed junk and is finally getting the nutrition it has long craved and deserved.

If everyone ate this way- the way you do - but added good quality beef and chicken, NOT fast food, NOT cold cuts, NOT frozen or packaged foods, etc but good quality respectfully cooked protein, *that* is when optimum health can be achieved.

Never in the history of mankind has there been an indiginous race or culture of people *ever* who were vegetarian without it being a religious practice. It is a man-made decision not a natural one.

And, personally, I think it's quite arrogant to believe we can improve upon Mother Nature or God or whatever word you wanna insert in there.

If we were not meant to consume meats, our stomachs would not secret hydrochloric acid (for meat digestion) nor would we even have gallbladders which are only needed to consume animal fats. I could go on, but won't- it's boring.

For the record, when I switched my diet over to a high fat, high cholesterol diet not only did I lose weight but have never been stronger nor healthier nor more fit, nor had more energy. I no longer have dry skin and no one guesses my age.

And I continue to improve every year.

But I rarely eat junk food- mostly vegetables, meats and dairy, very little grain and at least 1/3 of my diet is raw.

If you really do the research into what peoples of the planet are the healthiest and longest living, you will rarely find a vegetarian. Sure there may be one or two, but not when comparing races or cultures.

Myths and Truths about Vegetarianism

Love ya anyways...
th_wink-1.gif

-sam
th_5.gif

And we wouldn't have canine teeth. Only meat eaters have those.

but i thought the point of being a vegetarian was not to think that its more healthy, but because the person is against eating animals :confused:

I have heard of plenty of people doing it just for health reasons. Rory even said that is why he does it.

I have heard of plenty of people doing it just for health reasons. Rory even said that is why he does it.

oh.........well imo more healthy ppl are meat eaters :D i dont know any vegetarians that are that way cause they think they are more healthy than meat eaters

I'm with ya Sam!! MEAT is faaaaantastic. :D

Most of my diet is meat, mostly chicken, turkey and lean beef. I can't imagine even trying to be a vegetarian, it just doesn't seem like something I could be remotely comfortable with.

As for my weekend, workout wise... I helped a friend move Saturday for 3 hours into an upstairs apartment, which really was intense because I ended up doing a lot more work than the other people. I guess I just get gung ho when I start to sweat and don't like to rest as much as I used to. By the end of it, I was completely drenched from head to toe and my legs were even more sore considering the harsh leg workout on Thurs.

Afterward I cooked up some burgers, ate and went for a nice cool dip in the pool for some laps before I went home. It was a much more strenuous off day than I would have liked, but I wanted to help them out.

The most awesome part was hanging out at the pool, for once in my life NOT feeling like a whale and seeing the smile on my Wife's face as she beamed at me. It was definitely different from what I am used to, I felt like a freakin King out there.

I feel nice and rested now, so I am looking forward to tackling the weights again tomorrow. :rock

Visited family for the 4th. Lots of food. . .no exercise whatsoever. . .over the span of 3 days, I apparently gained back all weight lost over the last month :lol :monkey2

Stay away from hydrogenated oils, high frutose corn syrup and things made from white flour and you'd be better off than cutting out meat.

Now if only I'd follow that. :eek:

Visited family for the 4th. Lots of food. . .no exercise whatsoever. . .over the span of 3 days, I apparently gained back all weight lost over the last month :lol :monkey2

Not possible son, I want to see right back at it...

and about the vegetarian diet or way of eating, it goes against my rules of bodybuilding but I'm glad that it makes others healthier. :lol

Not possible son, I want to see right back at it...

and about the vegetarian diet or way of eating, it goes against my rules of bodybuilding but I'm glad that it makes others healthier. :lol

Is it healthier to exclude meats from our diet... especially white meats and fish? I highly doubt that is true. We need our protein and my goodness, I love me a nice big piece of chicken breast. NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM!

Is it healthier to exclude meats from our diet... especially white meats and fish? I highly doubt that is true. We need our protein and my goodness, I love me a nice big piece of chicken breast. NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM!

No, it makes them healthier, not talking about me :rotfl

and... that not meaning healthier than me or vice versa.

No, it makes them healthier, not talking about me :rotfl

and... that not meaning healthier than me or vice versa.

Man, I am super duper healthy, and I attribute that to the power of eating meat. Go screw yourselves vegetarians! I like my chick-UN and there is nothing you can do or say about it that will make me not want to eat another chick-UN again... because I love my eff'ing chick-UN!

Man, I am super duper healthy, and I attribute that to the power of eating meat. Go screw yourselves vegetarians! I like my chick-UN and there is nothing you can do or say about it that will make me not want to eat another chick-UN again... because I love my eff'ing chick-UN!

To the quoir.... :monkey1 To the quoir....

Physically sure, but mentally, you are just as ^^^^ed up as the rest of us.

Anyone into actual bodybuilding will find it hard to replace fish and chicken/turkey as protein sources.

I personally dont rate red meat though. Very heavy and hard to digest, but very tasty...:banghead

Back