The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how many calories are you getting from that?..........when i was on that serious mass stuff, it was like 1,200 calories X2 daily, and then i had 3 regular meals on top of that, so i was scarffin those calories down, but its so difficult to take that much in and it gets rather expensive if you take creatine, glutamine, etc, etc. i always did worry about all the vitamins in that stuff though, cause even though i didnt notice anything with my body, i would imagine its not helathy to get like 200% of your daily vitamins just in supplements. muscle milk is the best tasting stuff i have ever had, but not too many calories in it. like i said, i burn calories like a race horse w/ work and sports and stuff, so i need to maximize them and still get lots of protein

Yea it's best to get all or most of the nutrients from real food. You will notice the difference I guarantee.

Walking til it hurts, every morning, do or die. And not eating, fried, sugar, red meat, anything white (white potatoes, white bread, ice cream etc.), any other obviously bad thing.
Am eating lots of veggies, fresh if possible, baked or grilled chicken and fish, drinking lots of WATER!
Feeling better all the time.

Walking til it hurts, every morning, do or die. And not eating, fried, sugar, red meat, anything white (white potatoes, white bread, ice cream etc.), any other obviously bad thing.
Am eating lots of veggies, fresh if possible, baked or grilled chicken and fish, drinking lots of WATER!
Feeling better all the time.

:rock:rock:rock

VERY product week last week for, between my exercise routine, photographing a wedding all day Friday and dancing my ass off at a party on Saturday, I dropped 4lbs last week, taking me down to 279lbs and a total loss so far of 41lbs.

It's a great feeling, I feel like I'm in the home stretch now, less than 20lbs to lose in order to reach the target I set when I started, don't know if I'll be in the shape I want to be at that point, but that's not my focus, I'm just striving to achieve a goal I set for myself and once I achieve it, I'll evaluate the next goal, whether it be maintaining that form or working harder until I achieve the desired form.

That's awesome Les! Keep at it man, things will keep getting better! :rock

And glad to hear you are getting closer, Sean! I saw the dancing pic on Facebook, you definitely look a lot thinner and happier. I hope you can get through that last 20 quick and easy!

I'm down to 195 now, so only 10 lbs to my target. This week I am taking a break from the treadmill, staying on the Elliptical only. My knees were starting to stay sore all the time, so I wanted to give them a little rest. But sticking to my 666 program, and it's working fine.

I went snorkeling in the springs/river this weekend. I stayed out in the water for 2 hours, and I wasn't tired or anything. It was a blast. That's when you know your new lifestyle has changed things drastically, when you do something you used to do with new vigor and endurance. It really was an amazing time, and I really hope to do it again soon before Summer ends. It's one of the great things about Florida, the super clear and cold springs. :rock

Yeah, I just wish I didn't sweat so much, it's worse than ever since working out, I feel so nasty, I do anything fairly physical and I leave a puddle behind :lol

During the ceremony at the wedding I looked like I was wiping tears away but it was sweat getting in my eyes while I was trying to take pictures, unfortunately it's not a good thing to have a bandana around your head or a hat on to soak up sweat at such an occassion so you just keep a hanky handy and play through the pain :lol

And that photo I posted made me feel fantastic, there was video of me a couple years ago dancing at my office Christmas party and it was one of the motives for me losing weight, I looked so gross and I thought I looked pretty good at the time, really opened my eyes to how much I'd been fooling myself, but then I see the photo from this past weekend and it's like ^^^^, I don't look like and ugly blob anymore :lol

Just so people can see what Josh and I are talking about.

sw_71009.jpg

Yeah, I just wish I didn't sweat so much, it's worse than ever since working out, I feel so nasty, I do anything fairly physical and I leave a puddle behind :lol

During the ceremony at the wedding I looked like I was wiping tears away but it was sweat getting in my eyes while I was trying to take pictures, unfortunately it's not a good thing to have a bandana around your head or a hat on to soak up sweat at such an occassion so you just keep a hanky handy and play through the pain :lol

I am so glad I am not a huge sweater especially considering it has been 100 degrees practically every day for the past month..:lol:lol:lol

What's awesome about conditioning is that once you get to a certain level you will find that it takes longer or more extreme heat to make your body break a sweat. That is an impressive feeling almost like you were made for extreme temperatures...

What's awesome about conditioning is that once you get to a certain level you will find that it takes longer or more extreme heat to make your body break a sweat. That is an impressive feeling almost like you were made for extreme temperatures...

I don't usually start sweating heavily until I finish my exercise. My brother who is in great shape sweats like crazy. I can be comfortable in the same room as him and he will be pouring sweat.:lol:lol:lol

I sweat like crazy... I wish I didn't... I don't really during the day, which is nice. But if I hit the gym, I POUR sweat. And I sweat all night when I sleep, my Wife won't let me turn up the A/C. :lol

Yeah, even when I was in the best shape of my life I would sweat like crazy. I think its more a genetic thing then an in or out of shape thing. It's just that when you are in shape it takes you longer to build up a sweat because it takes longer for your body to over heat.

Hmm. I live in Louisiana, have my whole life, and am in pretty decent cardiovascular shape (I think, anyway), despite the fact that I'm a bit over weight. However, despite my dealing with this heat every stinkin' day, and the fact that I jog outside nearly every other day, I sweat like no one else I know, and haven't noticed any less sweat appearing since I began exercising over a year ago. I always have sweated this way. I don't have to even do anything, though. I can just stand outside and I'll sweat like crazy.

I hope my integration of weight training into my routine my change this, but I think I might just be predisposed to sweating a lot.

An aside, but my dad said he knew a guy in the army who would only sweat from his palms. He said water would just pour from his palms constantly. At least my body knows how to cool itself off, I just wish it was a little less extreme.

Yes extreme cardio training would make me sweat etc... but I think I'm more pointing towards like sitting in your car in the summer time or at rest sort of thing more than sweating while ur working out. If you are not sweating whenever working out then you know that ur not pushing urself hard enough.

I'm more speaking of at rest, conditioning comes to play more of a role.

Hmm. I live in Louisiana, have my whole life, and am in pretty decent cardiovascular shape (I think, anyway), despite the fact that I'm a bit over weight. However, despite my dealing with this heat every stinkin' day, and the fact that I jog outside nearly every other day, I sweat like no one else I know, and haven't noticed any less sweat appearing since I began exercising over a year ago. I always have sweated this way. I don't have to even do anything, though. I can just stand outside and I'll sweat like crazy.

I hope my integration of weight training into my routine my change this, but I think I might just be predisposed to sweating a lot.

An aside, but my dad said he knew a guy in the army who would only sweat from his palms. He said water would just pour from his palms constantly. At least my body knows how to cool itself off, I just wish it was a little less extreme.

Unfortunately working out doesnt help that type of thing much. The only thing it can do is decrease what your body finds strenuous. Sweating is a genitcally pre-disposed occurance. Meaning the level at which your body responds to external forces that lead to over heating. Undersweating is actually more dangerous then over sweating assuming you keep yourself hydrated. Your body works harder to keep your temperature at a more regulated level.

Edit: I should point out that it is true that when a person is "in shape" he or she will sweat less then when they are "out of shape" while working out or at rest. In terms of while working out cardiovascular fitness plays a roll in this phenominan. In the case of at rest in warm temperatures this has more to do with insulation on the body then it does with cardiovasular fitness. Its similar to two very in shape people in 100 degree whether. One is wearing shorts and a tank top, the other is wearing several layers of clothing and a jacket...

Another example is allergies. The assumption is that people with allergies are weaker then people without. However, in reality people that are highly allergic to different things have a better immune system in general then people that are allergic to nothing. People with allergies are even less likely to get cancer actually because thier bodies respond more violently and immediately to external antigens.

Last edited:
Well I'm a long way from being conditioned, I get into a hot car for 10 seconds and I'm sweating already :lol

Yeah that's is what I'm more focused upon. That will change though Sean believe it or not. Whenever I was bulking, and not as clean bulk that I would like but it did serve it's purpose to add muscle, I would be the same way. It would probably take minutes at a time but I would be beading up sweat on the top of my head by sitting a hot car too long. Now being back on the cut doing more cardio and with the conditioning level way higher I can drive in the with no AC in 90 something degree weather and not break a sweat before getting to the gym. It truly is amazing how this all changes within the season.

im curious to know what you guys take for protein and creatine supplements, i know everything has a different effect from person to person, as i do have the metabolism of a race horse :banghead

i used to take serious mass for protein 2X daily, but it is so thick and hard to pull down, but i gained 15 lbs off of it and that was when i was at my strongest and i was taking betagen even though i dont think creatine does much for my body, that was 2yrs ago

recently i had been taking cytogainer up to 3X daily, but it costs too much to be going through that in 2weeks, so i lowered dose to 2X and then it started giving me the runs :sick, so now im off of it and i am not taking any creatine or glutamine right now cause im skeptical whether or not it will work for me

i know about eating right and what not, and i have no problem keeping cut, but i would love to put back on the 15lbs that i lost before, but im not too sure about other protein products and i dont want to pay 70 or 80 bux a month either, any suggestions peeps?

well , just to give you an idea of what I am, I'm 6'3, 190 pounds with 8% body fat, I'm a little bigger than lean. now my nutrition plan consist mostly of protein. in the morning I eat 6 egg whites, 6 or seven days a week. then for my break at work, I eat a chicken breast and a cup of lit and fit yogurt. then for lunch i'll eat some sort of sandwich, probably turkey. then after work I work out and after my work out I drink a mix of protein powder (24g) and water. then I get home and I eat another chicken breast with either more eggs or some fruit and vegetables. if I need to snack, I snack on yogurt. each cup has about 5 grams of protein. and then at night, I mix strawberries, a banana, milk and a scoop of protein (24g) in a blender and then drink that. I also work out 7 days a week. typically on the weekends I eat what ever I want while still trying to eat a high level of protein.

also take into account genes have a large part of how your body is built and how you build muscle. My body won't react to a 3 day a week workout, I have to hit the gym everyday if I want to see any gains or change, my muscles won't grow if I work them out just once a week. everybody is different. learn what your body reacts to, then build a workout around that.

I am hurting today. I started my morning runs again with the neighbor and hit the gym after work. I did a little more cardio then got to the weights and right now I can barely type this. I will rest tonight and repeat.

Back