The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ho-lee-^^^^! I need a treadmill.

I never actually used one before, I've just been running around my neighborhood. The boost in motivation you get from seeing your pace/calories burned/total distance is enormous. Not to mention the benefit of not having the sun blazing down on you and bugs flying in your mouth. :monkey4

I ran for 30 minutes straight. I could not believe it. Now, one could argue I get the same or better workout in my 15 minute runs outside because of hills and whatnot, but I feel like dying after those 15 minutes. On the treadmill, I felt like going for 30 more after stretching.

I'm definitely going to look into getting one of these for home or sign up for a gym membership.

I tried some weights today as well. Machines and free. But, I, um, well, I'd rather not talk about that. :sick

It's funny when food is mentioned everyones gets excited. I have a few food items I use to help with the sweet tooth.
1-Hood low carb milk (chocolate). Stuff is awesome but a half gal cost the same as 1 gal reg milk. I use about 2 cups crushed ice, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 scoop(20 g/protein), 1 cup of the Hood milk. Sometimes I'll add a tbls of PB. Blend that up-freaking good. The Hood milk by itself is like double thick Quick milk.

2-Supreme protein low carb bars. Tha large size has 390 cals but I cut them in half for two snacks during the day. One of the best out there and tastes very much like a candy bar.

On the cal issue. I have gone as low as 1200/D while running 4 ml trail runs w/o any energy issues. I started out @ 1800 and worked down over a few weeks. I've been as high as 3500/D back in the day when I was just focused on building mass.

I don't really have a sweet tooth but I'm more of the salty cravings and carbs as well. I love garlic butter bread and salted peanuts!!!

I used the peanuts as a fix, just a small handful if I ever do get a craving at least there's protein in something that I'm cheating with but just a small handful no more!

DA u have a PM sir!!!! :rock :rock :rock

2-Supreme protein low carb bars. Tha large size has 390 cals but I cut them in half for two snacks during the day. One of the best out there and tastes very much like a candy bar.

Oh man... I LOVE those things... I tried one a few weeks back and DAMN... what an amazing protein bar. It tastes amazing, much much better than anything I have had before. I'd actually rather have one than a Snickers, it's really that good. At least to me.

And Kabuki... that's awesome man. Yeah, the treadmill does help a lot. I mean, to see your distance, calories and HR are a big motivating tool. As well as just flat out knowing what you just ran, instead of just saying that you ran 4 laps around your block or a track.

As far as the weights go... I'd say stick to it... I started out at week one with 20 lbs DB curls and 35 DB's for bench. You feel like the weakest guy when you do it, but it's a start. Everyone had to be there at one point or another.

I ran for 30 minutes straight. I could not believe it. Now, one could argue I get the same or better workout in my 15 minute runs outside because of hills and whatnot, but I feel like dying after those 15 minutes. On the treadmill, I felt like going for 30 more after stretching.

I'm definitely going to look into getting one of these for home or sign up for a gym membership.
I find that exceeding expectations like this is a great motivator. I used to have a treadmill and experienced the same thing. When you are in a controlled environment, it is a lot easier to go much further than when you have the heat, uneven ground, and general unpredictability of running outside.

However, I personally like the scenery and feeling like I'm actually going somewhere, so I like jogging outside best (why I gave away my treadmill, actually).

I work swing shift and work out at night. Most nights I'm tired but get it up enough to go 30/45 min. One of my beliefs are if you want to look like a long distance runner train like one and if you want to look like a sprinter train like one. I try to keep it short but intense. I start with a two min warmup on the treadmill and proceed to the first exc.. I follow that with 30/45 sec on the mill again never stopping(water sips). I find I get a great cardio and muscle workout at the same time. It's great for the heart as I raise my Hrt rate,lower,raise and so on.

I found a quick way to lose weight. Just chop off the tip of your finger. Lost .2 pounds after that (although I think it was blood loss).

On the plus side I finally ran my entire route so now I just need to expand it. It was a great feeling to complete my goal and now I can set new ones.

I say eat the cottage cheese regardless so u don't waste for the kids!!!

:lecture:lecture:lecture
Man the ^^^^ up Eli. This guy eats 11 raw egg whites for breakfast and you can't stomach a little spoiled cottage cheese for the kids?:lol:lol:lol

Back