The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loosely use the scale given my routine. As I'm building muscle, I know my weight won't be totally true on the scale to my fat burning progress, which actually makes feel good, if I gain muscle and still burn a couple pounds of fat, I'm on a good track.

I only weigh myself simply because looking at my body is not an objective way to measure my progress, the mind can play tricks and all. A solid, measurable means is the best route.

Love this thread. I've been reading through it for a few weeks now and wanted to join in. It's cool to see everyone here making that effort to make themselves better.
A little back ground on me:
Started working out in JR High, played hs fb/wrestling and spent a few years powerlifting and then non competitive BB though I never broke 7% body fat. I kept eating big and stopped working out big and gained almost 50lbs since my mid 20's(35 now). I've been working in corrections for 4 yrs and have started lifting again. I work with some monsters in size, pwerlifters, BB'rs and a competitive triathlete. Last year I was sitting at 226 @ 22/24% bodyfat. I'm currently sitting at 200-205 @ 13/15%. I spent 3 months last year losing the fat but then spent almost 8 mo not doing really any kind of consistant cardio.
My goal is -10% BF and to sit anywhere between 185/195. I really believe that the best goals are ones where you sets up being accountable. Saya(wife) helps to push me and we keep up on each other at work.

Thanks for having me and look forward to great discussions.

That's awesome Dwing! Welcome to the discussion bro. And good luck with the goal, I know you will get there.

Today I finally got over my fear of squats and just did them on the Smith machine, it was hard but fun. I want to make sure my form is up to par before I even try to tackle it without any support.

But I had a great day, really attacked the legs and limped my way out after my hour and some change in the gym... :lol

I soooo want to skip my work out to keep shooting Vader, but, even one day out of cycle and really screw you up, won't be good for the weight lifting especially, so I'll be going later tonight.

I took some more shots today, just to see the changes over these past few weeks. Still have a looooong way to go, but starting to see some good stuff. :rock

bodychanges6-10-09001.jpg

bodychanges6-10-09002.jpg

bodychanges6-10-09003.jpg

bodychanges6-10-09004.jpg

bodychanges6-10-09005.jpg

bodychanges6-10-09007.jpg

Da, there is quite a difference from some of your earlier pics. Don't know about you but when I start to lose I feel fatter due to losing the upper stomach fat therefore leaving the spare tire to jiggle around. Also posting the pics is what I'm referring to as accountability. I'll post some soon but not without posting what I was in the former life.

Thanks man. Definitely come a long way from my first pic.. :duff

Bodystatus51309003.jpg

bodychanges6-10-09004.jpg

Still have a LOT of fat to burn off...

And I get what you mean, as you lose weight and start to tighten up... I think you feel the spare tire even more because the musculature underneath is getting so developed. It does suck, I can tell you that. Most of my fat is under my arms and on my lower midsection, and it does get annoying. I FEEL in much better shape than I look, so I am looking forward to getting rid of that fat.... if anything just to look like I'm in the shape I know I'm in.

Last edited:
What foods kill you? Mine would be anything sweet- C.C.cookies, chocolate.

What foods kill you? Mine would be anything sweet- C.C.cookies, chocolate.

Well, for me it's definitely sweets... and beer.

I don't allow myself the sweets, besides maybe a small treat on the weekend. I try to let my sweets be satisfied by my protein shakes, which are ALWAYS chocolate. It does help a lot, as the protein I have been using is pretty tasty.

My Wife has slowly conformed to it, and now our place is empty of almost all sweet things. There are a few, but I turn a blind eye to them. My weekdays are entirely free of anything not on my strict diet, including beer. On the weekends, I allow myself a beer a day but no sweets...save for an optional small treat. But I don't usually allow it.

Right now my diet goes as...

Meal 1:

Shake (48 grams of protein) or 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites omelet.
whole wheat toast or 1/4th cup of oats
spoonful of skippy natural PB or handful of almonds

Meal 2 (Post Workout)

Protein shake (48g)
12 oz of gatorade

Meal 3 (one hr after workout)

Chicken breast or 2 HB eggs
greens or salad
apple

Meal 4: Dinner

Protein of some sort...chicken, pork, beef, fish
green vegetable
small amount of potatoes or sweet potatoes

Meal 5:

Chicken breast
almonds

Meal 6:

Casein shake before bed

:lol Thankfully, even when I ate with abandon... buffets never made me gain a lot of weight. I never ate more than a plate and a half, but my problem was in the food I chose. Usually the worst stuff imaginable. :duh

I went to a Chinese buffet a couple months ago. The next day I felt like ^^^^ because I don't eat crap like that on a regular basis anymore.:lol:lol:lol My big vice is pizza buffets. I love me some cheap ass CiCi's pizza buffet. I pretty much only go once every few months though.

I went to a Chinese buffet a couple months ago. The next day I felt like ^^^^ because I don't eat crap like that on a regular basis anymore.:lol:lol:lol My big vice is pizza buffets. I love me some cheap ass CiCi's pizza buffet. I pretty much only go once every few months though.

Oh yeah... Cici's....:drool

Now a PIZZA buffet is a different story, I tend to gorge myself on pizza anyway... and that is WITHOUT all of the variety of a pizza buffet.

My Wife's parents invited me and the Wife to a Chinese Buffet this past weekend, and yeah... even with the few liberties I took... my stomach was not happy. All I really ate that was bad was fried rice, a few Crab Rangoon's and an egg roll. The rest was pretty harmless.

Damn. Tonight I went "off the rail." Went drinking with an old buddy and ate a cheeseburger with cheese fries.

Screw dieting. This is the life! :D

:lol It's ok man... Stuff like that happens. But you just have to roll with the punches.

Dieting is definitely NOT an easy thing to do, especially when you have any sort of social life. I am only lucking out because I have no local buddies to screw me up... My Wife is the only bad influence I have, and I think I have her trained now. :D

Oh yeah... Cici's....:drool

Now a PIZZA buffet is a different story, I tend to gorge myself on pizza anyway... and that is WITHOUT all of the variety of a pizza buffet.

My Wife's parents invited me and the Wife to a Chinese Buffet this past weekend, and yeah... even with the few liberties I took... my stomach was not happy. All I really ate that was bad was fried rice, a few Crab Rangoon's and an egg roll. The rest was pretty harmless.

I have restricted my pizza eating to buffets for the most part. Rarely do I order a takeout pizza anymore, since like you, I like to eat a lot when I do. Dave better have pizza at the freaks party again this year. That was some good ^^^^ we had last year.:lol:lol:lol

:lol It's ok man... Stuff like that happens. But you just have to roll with the punches.

Dieting is definitely NOT an easy thing to do, especially when you have any sort of social life. I am only lucking out because I have no local buddies to screw me up... My Wife is the only bad influence I have, and I think I have her trained now. :D

Plus it's ok to eat like crap once in a while. It's when you do it everyday that it is a problem. The key is eating right and exercising on a regular basis so you can eat bad once in a while.

Hellz yeah, if u go, GO BIG and with a bang!!!

BAM!!!

hellye10.jpg

Plus it's ok to eat like crap once in a while. It's when you do it everyday that it is a problem. The key is eating right and exercising on a regular basis so you can eat bad once in a while.

:lecture yea it's ok, just keep sane bro and come back harder and stronger because of the extra calories you should feel phenomenal at the gym, that's the way it works for me...

Back