The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Snad, I've had a little run at the power stuff this year(being a bodybuilder basically for a couple decades), so far I'm chasing 550lbs on squat, and........... about to weigh less that 200lbs.

I may do triple my weight this year, SkiAnt!

Ski MADNESS!!!!

Ski

Hey Snad, I've had a little run at the power stuff this year(being a bodybuilder basically for a couple decades), so far I'm chasing 550lbs on squat, and........... about to weigh less that 200lbs.

I may do triple my weight this year, SkiAnt!

Ski MADNESS!!!!

Ski

put up videos man! I've always loved squatting and front squatting. Ever consider a powerlifting meet? You could lift in the 198lbs weight class.

I have been adding more cardio to my routine, I want to get a bit more defined and get those love handles off .. I have definitely seen improvement over the last couple months. I just picked up this baby a little while ago and it's been really fun!

Photo 2014-07-06, 9 59 14 PM.jpg

That hand off looked a little scary! since you recovered so well from it, next time try 500 :p

Ha well I have a strongman contest on saturday. Today is my last training and just doing bench and some back and hamstring stretches. Won't go over 405. Might try 20 reps with 315. Then I take the rest of the week off.

Not quiet on the same level as some of you, but I did finally build up the nerve to attempt 315 for the first time ever & ended up getting 4 reps.
It was a pretty big moment for me. lol

the reg are so busy lifting those heavy weights that they forgot to post....guess its up to Mr. Green to post.

time to get back in shape again.

Hey guys I just seen this thread . I am an old fart but still believe in weight lifting . I hate public gyms and made my own in my basement ,and as it was a bit dungeon like before I wanted to spruce it up and create an environment that I wanted to be in .
Funny as that's why I'm here as I was trying to find something to complete the gym and a T800 Endo bust was the answer I think , although I wanted a full scale statue ideally .
It's almost finished so I'll post a few pics . I'm building a sort of display case this weekend for the bust and will update once that side of the gym is complete

I don't care for changing weights on bar bells so I bought them all

Unfortunately it's an old house and has a low ceiling so I had to improvise a bit for the lat machine by putting a hole in the ceiling tile for it to protrude threw . I had a bunch of checker plate aluminum cut to ceiling tile size and it looks awesome .
I cut a hole in the one and since there was a hole I put tri color LEDs in to provide some lighting in it to match the mirror colours .

This is my idea for a weight tree/stand etc . I couldn't find anything for sale that I liked so I built my own with 2/6 boards . I would have preferred to used steel but I'm kinda stuck in a wood domain at the moment .
Anyways I used 1" black floor flanges bolted to the wood which fits 1" gas pipe . I cut each one to the length I liked and covered them with thick heat shrink . Took a few times to get it right but I'm pretty happy with this setup . Installed some checker plate to keep the theme going .
There's 3 of these , one each side of the weight racks (the one for squats not shown yet )

There's more and as soon as it's complete I'll post a few more pics

That is one awesome looking home gym! :clap

Thank you :)
Your going to laugh when you see the other half . I bought a water table back in jan like the ones you use at the chiropractors for my back . Used to fall asleep on the one at my chiropractors so I can hardly wait to get it going .

Working on some kind of a solution for the Bust in the other sides corner . It's not going be to fancy as I'm running out of time . It's going to be be a corner shelf triangular in shape and I'm thinking mirrors may not work on the sides as the T800 Endo skull is chrome and may blend in to well?
Maybe keep the walls gloss black and non tinted glass in front? I don't think checker plate is going to work either?

Back