The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao whaaaaa
Sounding like the warrior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been invited to compete in Quebec vs Ontario meet. Pretty honored that they thought of me. Some of the guys competing will be:
JF Caron who is a two time finalist at World's Strongest Man, current Canadian champ
Mike Saunders who is 2013 Master's World Strongest Man
Chris Savoie, been to WSM once
Ben Ruckstuhl (2nd at Arnold Strongman amateur championship this year).

Looking forward to getting my arse kicked.

Having some issues with my left MCL. Doesn't hurt but feels strange. Also working on hip flexor mobility as it is giving my hyper extension in the lower back.

Moving our equipment into my new gym on Saturday. I ordered 3 posters from Ironmind.com so as to flesh it out.

So Saturday we all moved our equipment into our new private gym. We still need to bring in a power rack and we want to get more rubber mats, build dedicated stone platforms and a few more items but it is coming along. Big strongman session this coming Saturday. Maybe squats Tuesday if our rack comes in. I got 3 Ironmind posters coming. Still needs a cleanup and some paint but this is shaping up to be heaven.

Incline Bench
20140621_194918.jpg

Glute/Ham Developper
20140621_194926.jpg

Flat Bench
20140621_194934.jpg

Leg Extension, Leg Curl, Leg Press
20140621_194940.jpg

Last edited:
Lat Pulldown
20140621_194947.jpg

Heavy Dumbells
20140621_194955.jpg

13" Log
20140621_195015.jpg

Viking Press apparatus
20140621_195024.jpg

Car Deadlift apparatus, 12.75" circus dumbell and lifting platforms
cardead.jpg

Last edited:
Pet peeve, guys that stick to machines and accessory work for years, never changing and never changeling themselves.

You are spinning wheels people.

Ski

Sent from my SKI-N900P using Skiatalk

Just trained seriously for the past 9 months or so, current PR:

Bench Press (80kg X 5) X 3 set

Dead Lift (110kg x 5) X 5 set

Squat (97.5kg x 5) X 5 set

OH DB Press (30kg x 5) X 5 set

Usually mix a few more exercises but those are the main ones, all compound no stationed machines. Trying to gain at 7kg more. :panic:

No one cares about my new hardcore gym? Wait until you see some of the nutty sessions we will have in there. We even have a conveyor belt for hauling our asses out after leg day

Need some opinions from you guys - so I did leg day on Tuesday which consist of:

* Squat (97.5kg x 5) X 5 set
* Barbell Lunges (80kg x 5) X 5 set
* Leg Press (120kg x 10) X 3 set
* Calf Raise (260kg x 10) X 4 set

Rested yesterday and planned to do some back exercises today which I'll start with deadlift normally. But my glutes and hamstrings are still pretty sore. Should I take another day off, and do them tomorrow or should I just do other back exercises and do/skip lightweight deadlifts?

Need some opinions from you guys - so I did leg day on Tuesday which consist of:

* Squat (97.5kg x 5) X 5 set
* Barbell Lunges (80kg x 5) X 5 set
* Leg Press (120kg x 10) X 3 set
* Calf Raise (260kg x 10) X 4 set

Rested yesterday and planned to do some back exercises today which I'll start with deadlift normally. But my glutes and hamstrings are still pretty sore. Should I take another day off, and do them tomorrow or should I just do other back exercises and do/skip lightweight deadlifts?

Without knowing your goals and the reason why you train is hard to suggest anything when you get a chance, please do, you could still do light dead lifts just warm up properly for at least 10 mins on an elliptical until most of the soreness goes away(it will, not all but some, enough to get the job done)

Basically im just tryin to reach My max weight by doing a modified stronglift 5x5 routine. Once i achieve 5x5, I increase the weight by 2.5kg.

Thanks for the tips, I never really know that, I but I did noticed that to be the case on days I force myself. I ended up going home to rest though. Kinda need a break mentally.

Last edited:
If max weight is what you're after then rest is what you need, high carb meal prior to lifting is optimal, and only do 5 mins on the elliptical and the other five or so do your movement in this case the dead lift as a warm up that will bring you into you lifts mentally and physically, specifically to this movement.

No one cares about my new hardcore gym? Wait until you see some of the nutty sessions we will have in there. We even have a conveyor belt for hauling our asses out after leg day

Looks great, I mean as working equipment, nothing fancy but I have a feeling that's intentional, I wish I had a private gym.

That's was awesome bro!! You made that look easy. :duff:

It's a real working gym, you can always tell by no mirrors.

Thanks but it looked easier than it was. I wasn't able to draw breath after unracking the weight as it was bearing down so hard on the chest and shoulders. Was light headed on the way up.

And I hate mirrors. They mess you up when squatting.

Back