The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know Ski, I was eating everything put in front of me :lol It's alright though, through most of the year my motivation was to be able to fully enjoy myself at con so this was my reward for all my hard work and commitment. Time to start getting ready for next year :lol

Well to make you feel better about yourself :D, fat almost like stripping fat takes time to put on the body as well. You really can't put 10lbs of fat in one week, it's just not genetically possible. Now salt/sodium and water weight fluctuations might give the false impression of gaining lbs. but actually "fat" takes more time to put on over a steady process over and over again....

it's time to hit it :rock, I came back from a vacation as well and got the sluggishness from eating badly while I was at Colorado, we'll all get back on track :yess:

Man I love these forums. Where else can I go to talk collectibles, comics AND get nutritional advice! AWESOMESAUCE! :lol :yess: :lol

When we meet at SDCC 2011, if you want I can talk your head off about this stuff, there's really too much information for anyone to really comprehend all the ins and outs of bodybuilding, fitness, techniques, eating right, etc....

Actually face to face conversions like at my gym with others are really the best conversations I've had explaining information along with others feeding me back info that has worked for them, contest, diets, techniques, etc...

I used to train at a boxing gym. Never competed, or sparred. But I loved it. Best shape I've ever been in my life! :rock

Thats what I always hear. I'm gonna start with lessons in the middle of August I think. I really need to change up my routine because unfortunately I'm not one for repetition.

Got back from vacation on sunday and weighed in. Put on 5 pounds :thud:

I guess that's what 9 days of awful eating, beer, and little exercise will do. Been running daily since though :yess:

So I've been running on two torn ligaments in my knee for the past 3 months. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that I still have my football toughness, or more dissappointed in my stupidity. Either way, gotta keep workin' through it. Still runnin' 3 miles in 24 minutes. Once I get it down to 22 minutes I'll add another mile to the routine. If I still have a knee. One day I'll wrap up my last 2 weeks of p90x and post the results.

I wouldn't push those torn ligaments. They can lead to more severe problems especially in the hips which will really put you down. You don't want a hip replacement to occur because you didn't take six weeks off to let the ligaments heal.

Best thing to do here is to jump in a pool and run with a waterbelt on in the deep end. It will strengthen the muscles while allowing hte ligaments to heal.

Ok, I am feeling "swollen" My face and stuff just looks swollen. Like I took on water weight, but I am not sure how. I have been drinking water religiously and trying to watch my salt.

What can I do ?

So, I've been going to the gym near my house for a few months now. Now and then I'll always see someone doing some RIDICULOUS movement, and I'm not even sure what body part they're trying to focus on :lol

But, I just have to express my concern about this one. On multiple occasions I've seen fathers bring in their YOUNG kids (about 10-12 years old) and try to have them lift weights, and with TOTALLY wrong form. One parent is off on another flat bench trying to flat bench 100lb dumbbells while his kid is doing military press dumbbells, and struggling! SPOT YOUR KID! Or should they even be doing such resistance training at such a young age?!?! And another situation, I was standing next to a father and his son. THe son was trying to do dumbbell bicep curls. The weight was obviously too much for the kid, but the dad just tells his kid "Just throw back the weight son. Lean back and throw it up".... Are you kidding!!! :horror I've just heard that resistance training can stunt your growth. But not only that, improper form can get you injured! So telling your young kid to "Throw the weight" is just a sure way to get them hurt! :doh

Anyone else agree??

Back