The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to hear that Nutz! Time is essence indeed!
Just be optimistic....it's hard for me some day (like today for example:()...but u just have to keep doing what ur doing.

So here's the link to the 45,000 Gold's Gym challenge.....I'm thinking of going there for the first time tomorrow...don't know what to expect....I hope I don't get intimidated. :eek:

https://www.goldsgym.com/intranet/d.../folder3116_DOC/Tips and JournalChallenge.pdf

Dont' sweat it Bam (lol get it?) most people at the gym are really cool. The people that are lifers (like Ski) are usually helpful and more than willing to give pointers/recommendations. I know the trainers are really up in your face trying to get $$ for their services, but they're also representatives of the gym so don't be afraid to approach and ask them questions.

Feeling good... Back and Bi's, then chest and tri's....

Of tonight... back on Saturday :rock !

Love that good sore... that pump ! :D

Dont' sweat it Bam (lol get it?) most people at the gym are really cool. The people that are lifers (like Ski) are usually helpful and more than willing to give pointers/recommendations. I know the trainers are really up in your face trying to get $$ for their services, but they're also representatives of the gym so don't be afraid to approach and ask them questions.

See....u guys say that the meat heads are nice and all....but rememebr u guys are fit dudes that work out constantly.

I'm some fat chick thats just starting out. Unfortunately...i'm afraid I won't get the same positive attention as u guys said the meat heads and female meat heads will give me....

But it's ok...I'll get use to the judgement. Besides...I don't care as much about them...I just know I'll get intimidated by the equipment. :lol

Like Agen once said....I'm gonna look stupid trying to figure things out. But oh well...I gotta do what I gotta do....and get in my zone. I'll eventually figure it out, and I'm not afraid to ask, I much rather not too. :lol

And those pesky trainers....i mean..i know they're there as representatives....but they usually see me as a project and give me a sales pitch. *sigh* It's annoying.

Feeling good... Back and Bi's, then chest and tri's....

Of tonight... back on Saturday :rock !

Love that good sore... that pump ! :D

That's awesome that you feel good Jim....I feel good too.....even tho I haven't lost any weight. :(

Meh....

------------------

But on to teh real reason I'm in here now...

I HAVE AN EMERGENCY AND I NEED ADVICE!!

So....the VP of my company is inviting us out for pizza. Usually I just diss these types of things....cuz I hate corporate america and they can't win me over with pizza :lol....

But in this case it's just my dept. which is 5 people, so it's sorta mandatory.
So what do I do.....Pizza and Brownies are my greatest weakness!!!!

ARRGGHHH!! Socorro! S.O.S! HELP!!! :D

See....u guys say that the meat heads are nice and all....but rememebr u guys are fit dudes that work out constantly.

I'm some fat chick thats just starting out. Unfortunately...i'm afraid I won't get the same positive attention as u guys said the meat heads and female meat heads will give me....

But it's ok...I'll get use to the judgement. Besides...I don't care as much about them...I just know I'll get intimidated by the equipment. :lol

Like Agen once said....I'm gonna look stupid trying to figure things out. But oh well...I gotta do what I gotta do....and get in my zone. I'll eventually figure it out, and I'm not afraid to ask, I much rather not too. :lol

And those pesky trainers....i mean..i know they're there as representatives....but they usually see me as a project and give me a sales pitch. *sigh* It's annoying.

I never pass judgment on anyone no matter what they look like. Once you get to know more about fitness you actually give the benefit of the doubt to others that are trying to make a change.

I look down on the ppl that want the quick way out or are too lazy in order to get there or wanna try to lose weight or become in the best possible shape their bodies will allow.

If you don't try at anything you will always fail. Never say you can't and always believe you can, remain strong mentally and the rest falls in place.

On the other note, it's easy to make friends at the gym. There's not one gym where I haven't had people just come up to me out of the blue and ask for advice or ask what I eat and then it all just becomes one big community of sharing and exchanging information on what might work for others and what works for you. I really enjoy whenever some is serious about making a change and I can explain it the facts about training, eating healthy, etc... and eliminate guess work. There's is too many, fads, supplements, advertising, training equipment, trainers advices that are so far from the truth it makes me sick. That's why I offer my advice for free, there's too many money grubbing ppl out there in the health industry and I hate the way it's being pushed onto ppl not in the know.

Last edited:
Ski...ur the nicest meat head I know!!! YAY!!!

Hey...but what about the pizza dilema!??!?!??

You know the answer to that you shouldn't, it's Friday I'm going to eat a pizza tonight with no worries. You don't have to be perfect just hit the gym this weekend and call it a day, don't cheat til next Friday though.

You know the answer to that you shouldn't, it's Friday I'm going to eat a pizza tonight with no worries. You don't have to be perfect just hit the gym this weekend and call it a day, don't cheat til next Friday though.

:rock !!!!

Plan to sweat it off Bam !!!

Make this your meal of the day... and eat like a pauper the rest of the day !

10 Almonds it is ! :rock2

Awesome....I got Ski's and Jim's seal of approval...yeah..i'm gonna work out like a beast today!

You get mine, too. :banana

seal-of-approval.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

One of the things that I am doing regarding food is exactly that, enjoy some 'junk food" and work-out...
You avoid it most of the time, but this is like a way of life, not just a quick and easy weight loss...
I am planning on doing this for the rest of my life...

Last night I hit the threadmill and tonight I continue with my pushup/squat/crunch plan... doing great on that!!!

Not really a fitness thing, but I'm proud of myself of not having drank any soda in a month and a half. Not that I'm never going to drink one again, but I'll leave it just as a weekend thing. (I can't have my In 'N Out without a coke!)

cutting way back on sodas helps a lot.
Ive now lost 12-15lbs with only diet changes. No exercise whatsoever.

Not really a fitness thing, but I'm proud of myself of not having drank any soda in a month and a half. Not that I'm never going to drink one again, but I'll leave it just as a weekend thing. (I can't have my In 'N Out without a coke!)

Dude... like you need to lose weight... :D
:horror

Just laughing at Kuzeh's footer because it's so true at the moment.
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I've been drinking a lot less soda lately...
but I still drink one every now and then... Coca-Cola :drool

:rock Good job man. Isn't it surprising how slight changes can make an impact like that??? I'm not counting calories like Ski and the others, but I have been monitoring my portions and such. I eat until I'm full, not until I'm finished. I grew up with my grandparents and they are from the depression era so they always raised us to clean our plates and waste nothing. Its kind of hard to break that habit, but I'm doing it.

thanks man.
yeah that full not finished thing is a very good motto too. Been trying to do the same.
Cut way back on sodas and I only drink beer to get hammered now. No casual drinking much.

I finally got sick of not fitting into most of my wardrobe and Im now too cheap to buy more clothes.

Been doing the 10-12 glasses of water a day thing too. I know thats leveling off now and it will take exercise to lose another 5-10lbs and get to where I want to be.

hell, I need to exercise anyway just cause running more than 50 steps gets me winded now :lol

Back