The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was a different one, that one sold for $2400. Defn not worth it to me with the variant coming. The variant was confirmed to be cheaper than the first too. I still want the original so I can display him with the sword, but won't go over $1700 for one.

I had an eBay alert today that someone put a reaper up for $2800. Thought that was ridiculously hilarious, but it's gone. If someone paid that they need to get off the pipe.

Just found it and it's 3k now. Serious roflcopter price there, especially with a variant coming.

There must be a few completists out there for this line. Those numbers are crazy!

what's the difference beetween the two version?
The first one is 300 only instead the new one is 1000 (maybe)AND is not a statue but is a PF 1/4? So it'l be smaller.

b6QqXEk.jpg

I found in italy but i'm tring to lower the price :V

It be interesting to see what will happen when the new version will come out. The price of the old one will increase or it'll drop?

I think it's fine, SSC isn't known for there low ES anymore. The fact that so much more of the line has been shown now give's people who are now interested the opportunity to complete it without feeling they have to be robbed by after market sellers. If your an investor than obviously selling your original piece now becomes more of a priority since prices are still inflated, with what x2.5 original costs from that ebay link? I don't think anyone knew this line was going to get so much attention when the initial Reaper was released, so GG SSC - gave the fans what they wanted in a similar statue without replacing what those that already purchased have in it's exclusiveness.

Exactly, if anyone wants low ES. XM studios is the booming place to shop now. Right now they are only doing marvel, but hopefully they can get other licenses and find a way to get more products into the USA. Wait 10 years from now this may change. SS is no longer known for low ES anymore due to reissues of almost every hot statue and repaints of others. So yes I agree statues are poor investments even though I wished I could even out if I do get rid of my old for newer statues.

what's the difference beetween the two version?
The first one is 300 only instead the new one is 1000 (maybe)AND is not a statue but is a PF 1/4? So it'l be smaller.

View attachment 128005

I found in italy but i'm tring to lower the price :V

It be interesting to see what will happen when the new version will come out. The price of the old one will increase or it'll drop?

Read this thread - all will be explained, but basically it will be in the same scale with a different pose.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-The-Reaper-Death’s-General-Variant-confirmed

since they are only changing a couple of things, I hope it's up for PO by Spook. No point in holding out since the old one is sold out.

I'm pretty annoyed by this to be honest. I enjoy the exclusivity of SS products, this is just a blatant money grab to get more people interested in the Court of the Dead line.

I'm pretty annoyed by this to be honest. I enjoy the exclusivity of SS products, this is just a blatant money grab to get more people interested in the Court of the Dead line.

For profit entities tend to engage in "money grab" activities in order to expand the bottom line. I don't begrudge SS or any other company for trying to maximize their profits. But that's the business side of me talking... :)

I respect the fact that some folks like the feeling of "exclusivity" attached to their purchases. I guess it's a matter of personal preference...my enjoyment of my collection is not diminished based on how many other folks own the same pieces I do.

Personally I have been very impressed by the roll out of the COTD line...if there is demand out there for a variant to this piece, I say give those collectors an opportunity to purchase it. Particularly if offering the variant potentially gets more collectors excited about the entire COTD line.

Wow no wonder the first one was going for so much because there was only 300 of them made. I remember when the original was released not many care for it. But yes the new one at 1000 very similar statue will take away some rarity and will lower the prices from the first version. Kind of like ivy.

Wow no wonder the first one was going for so much because there was only 300 of them made. I remember when the original was released not many care for it. But yes the new one at 1000 very similar statue will take away some rarity and will lower the prices from the first version. Kind of like ivy.

New one will be cheaper cause it won't have switch out parts

1500 shipped for the original Reaper a good price?

No, it's not, but I'll take it :monkey3

Back