The Punisher Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my hands on one!!!! I was able to get it new as well with the art print! Paid a little bit more than I wanted but overall I'm happy!!!

I finally got my hands on one!!!! I was able to get it new as well with the art print! Paid a little bit more than I wanted but overall I'm happy!!!

Congrats! This is one of my favorites.

I agree with DC. It's also one of my very favorite pieces. This is going to look phenomenal in your collection. Congrats!

I agree with DC. It's also one of my very favorite pieces. This is going to look phenomenal in your collection. Congrats!

Thanks guys! I can't wait till I actually receive it and can display it. Now to get Darth Talon PF lol I collect Star Wars and Marvel and I don't want to stray past that but I've been looking at that Lobo PF and I'm scared if I get it I will enter DC territory and that it will be over for me since I'm a huge batman and flash fan. However I feel if I don't get Lobo now in the future I will be chasing at a higher price

In all honesty, Get LOBO now. I never tell anybody what to get but this Lobo is next level.

Punisher is one of my favourites.

Thanks guys! I can't wait till I actually receive it and can display it. Now to get Darth Talon PF lol I collect Star Wars and Marvel and I don't want to stray past that but I've been looking at that Lobo PF and I'm scared if I get it I will enter DC territory and that it will be over for me since I'm a huge batman and flash fan. However I feel if I don't get Lobo now in the future I will be chasing at a higher price

In all honesty, Get LOBO now. I never tell anybody what to get but this Lobo is next level.

Punisher is one of my favourites.

Agreed. Lobo is one of the very best PFs SSC has ever released. That PF is a grand slam as far as I'm concerned. I went all in. I POd the EX PF along with Dawg and even picked up a custom bird flipping hand from spazzy. The Lobo PF is absolutely BAD ASS. No way anyone will regret picking up that masterpiece.

I did it! Thanks to you guys I just had to get lobo so I hunted down Dawg and got it for a steal and I also managed to grab a Spazzy middle finger switch out! Now I'm just waiting on the main man too bad I couldn't get the EX but with dawg and the Spazzy piece I'm more than content. As soon as he arrives I will post pics of him and my Punisher! Thanks again guys for guiding me down the right path lol :lol

I did it! Thanks to you guys I just had to get lobo so I hunted down Dawg and got it for a steal and I also managed to grab a Spazzy middle finger switch out! Now I'm just waiting on the main man too bad I couldn't get the EX but with dawg and the Spazzy piece I'm more than content. As soon as he arrives I will post pics of him and my Punisher! Thanks again guys for guiding me down the right path lol :lol

Congrats. You are fortunate to have both these phenomenal pieces in your collection. Scoring the spazzy hand really adds a lot to the Lobo PF. IMO, you landed 2 SSC pieces that are truly a cut above others. I consider both of them some of SSC's finest work. Enjoy them and I'm looking forward to your pics.

You made a smart choice. Talon's rate is what it is. Lobo's is great to get at retail. Few years you'll be seeing him at increased price. I love sitting down and admiring all the details in the punisher comi. In hand you'll understand. Congrats

WereWolf, the one thing I did forget to mention...be prepared for a fairly large discrepancy in scale with these 2 pieces. The Punisher COM is slightly larger than 1/5 scale while Lobo is HUGE and every bit 1/4 scale. Lobo will tower over Punisher. Punisher is best displayed next to a smallish 1/4 scale PF. For example, I have the Punisher displayed with my Deadpool PF and they look absolutely phenomenal next to each other. If you plan on displaying Lobo anywhere near the Punisher, then I hope you are the kind of collector who doesn't care about scale. If scale is important to you, then they can't be displayed next to each other.

Yeah, some peeps don't care about scale. They'll mix 1/10, 1/7, 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, and 1/3 pieces all up in a collection. I personally can't do that. I like to match my pieces up in similar scales.

I think of my collection as a ride on public transportation. Some people are tall, some are short, some take up a lot of real estate and others are tiny and petite. I love mixing it up, but I know tons of collectors can't do it.

Yeah, some peeps don't care about scale. They'll mix 1/10, 1/7, 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, and 1/3 pieces all up in a collection. I personally can't do that. I like to match my pieces up in similar scales.

I think of my collection as a ride on public transportation. Some people are tall, some are short, some take up a lot of real estate and others are tiny and petite. I love mixing it up, but I know tons of collectors can't do it.

Yeah, it definitely boils down to personal preference. There's no right or wrong way to display your collection. So long as each person is happy with the way their collection looks, it's all good.

WereWolf, the one thing I did forget to mention...be prepared for a fairly large discrepancy in scale with these 2 pieces. The Punisher COM is slightly larger than 1/5 scale while Lobo is HUGE and every bit 1/4 scale. Lobo will tower over Punisher. Punisher is best displayed next to a smallish 1/4 scale PF. For example, I have the Punisher displayed with my Deadpool PF and they look absolutely phenomenal next to each other. If you plan on displaying Lobo anywhere near the Punisher, then I hope you are the kind of collector who doesn't care about scale. If scale is important to you, then they can't be displayed next to each other.
Have him next to Gwen Stacey and Mary Jane so he looks okay but Spider-Man looks like a giant next to him lol but I don't mind I'm not picky with scale.

I have the opportunity of buying one from a local collector for 850 $. He has kept it in glass cabinet and he keeps both boxes. The nice thing is that I can check it out before buying it. Do you think that this is a good price nowadays?

I have the opportunity of buying one from a local collector for 850 $. He has kept it in glass cabinet and he keeps both boxes. The nice thing is that I can check it out before buying it. Do you think that this is a good price nowadays?

Yes, just look at the completed ebay listings. Most of the COMs are selling for a $1000 or more. You can try to negotiate a better price, but if he doesn't budge and insists on $850, you will still be paying less than going aftermarket prices for the COM.

Yes, just look at the completed ebay listings. Most of the COMs are selling for a $1000 or more. You can try to negotiate a better price, but if he doesn't budge and insists on $850, you will still be paying less than going aftermarket prices for the COM.

Thanks a lot for the comment. I have read only one negative comment in the forum about an owner of this piece with problems with the paint on figure's face (cracks on the face and neck and even small pieces falling down when touching that faulty paint!!!). Is this an isolated case or there have been any other cases? Thanks a lot!!!

Back