The predator cineaquette will be mine !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you figure that?
steve worked at stan winston studios when predator was made, he helped make and paint the predator suit and mask, to begin with.so his should be more movie accurate than anyone else's i would assume.

I know he worked at SWS and worked on the predator. Steve however put his own touches on this peice. Look at the crown and the thickness of the face. Just because he helped work on the original Predator doesn't mean he sculpted it. Even if he did he couldn't replicate it as accurate than a pull from the SWS molds. Look at this sculpt compared to the 1:1 bust. As you probably know the 1:1 bust came from the SWS molds and it as accurate as its going to get. For the maquette all they did was shrink down that exact sculpt and put it on the maquette. The cinemaquette predator looks more dynamic but the SS maquette is more movie accurate.

I know he worked at SWS and worked on the predator. Steve however put his own touches on this peice. Look at the crown and the thickness of the face. Just because he helped work on the original Predator doesn't mean he sculpted it. Even if he did he couldn't replicate it as accurate than a pull from the SWS molds. Look at this sculpt compared to the 1:1 bust. As you probably know the 1:1 bust came from the SWS molds and it as accurate as its going to get. For the maquette all they did was shrink down that exact sculpt and put it on the maquette. The cinemaquette predator looks more dynamic but the SS maquette is more movie accurate.

As far as I'm concerned, this:

cpre2.jpg

looks just as good and just as much as a Predator in my mind as this:

7143_press03-001.jpg

I think the differences are too slight to even notice.

Its a great statue just for the fact that the master Steve Wang sculpted it but the SS Predator Maquette is more accurate to the movie.

The 1:1 bust, the maquette and the cinemaquette are all masterpieces, they all have slight differences but the creators are all artists and truly talented ones so for their ego's sake they put their own take on how they want their Predator to look. The differences are that slight that criticism should be out of the question:D

It is different that the original Predator for sure. I bought that up when the first picture was released.

The crown is too long, more like the Predator 2 version..

The head goes up a little bit and and back more, looking more "flat on the top.

I just watched it on Blu-Ray this past weekend and th head/crown is totally different than the CM.

I will try to post some screen grabs.

It's still a great piece but not 100% accurate to the P1 Pred. The Sideshow 1:1 bust is closer to what it should look like.

This below piece is what the head should look like:

pred1-6.jpg

This custom bust is more accurate and is how the CM should look. I guess Wang wanted to make his own version of the Predator.

The CM is not acccurate to the Predator 1 version...not at all. (this coming from someone who used to love CM)

norm-4831c1e90921a-Predator+%281987%29.jpeg

For the money, I feel that CM should have got it a lot more accurate.

Even if I still collected CM, this one would be a pass.

CM was originally going to make a version where the mask could go over...similar to the custom bust above and here with mask on:

norm-482e81b9e4ea3-Predator+%281987%29.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm after just one rep from Pred for my collection and whilst this looks awesome i still think i prefer the SS version and am hopeful of picking that up sometime in the future.:)

had it on order since day one, but canceled a few days ago...want it badly but i would rather use the money to finance my trip to New Zealand next year.

Just the fact that its damn near a foot taller does it for me y'all:horror

I'm with you now 915stag51, the fact that the CM is a kick ass monster compared to Sideshow's 24" effort, plus the pose is better, the base is way cooler and the electric countdown mechanism in his arm is just an added bonus, all in all it's a must have and the fact that the head is slightly inferior to the Sideshow version makes no difference to me.

And yes mate size matters to me too
anim_63.gif

I've also gave in and preordered the Predator today. It's such an amazing piece and I'm a huge Aliens & Predator fan. I think it will look awesome next to the Wolf Predator 1:1 Bust :monkey5...

I wonder if there will be a ton of order cancellations when it begins shipping, simply because of it's cost. Merchants are taking preorders without requiring a deposit. $2000+ is a lot of dinero. Might as well spend a few extra thousand bucks for life size Machiko (with 3 inputs) "Alien hunting weapons/armor sold separately":naughty:naughty:naughty

Cinemaquette Predator:Collectibles::Real Doll:Sex dolls!!!!

cinemaquettepred.jpg

real_doll3.jpg

realdoll2.jpg

realdoll.jpg

Can't wait to own this!

Hopefully, Sideshow will give us a Pred LSB in the near future.

Back