"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

Ordered the new one instead, might still pick that one up. Planning a room makeover.
Hospital appointment on Friday, hopefully get the all clear for another year :pray:

all of the predator movies are made from the human perspective but I guess, to Hollywood thats the only way it works, personally I see nothing wrong with P1, so maybe they will make this one similar to that one but more modern, and I'm sooooo sick of the Humans in the Aliens ans Predator movies being incredibly dumb and unrealistic like in Prometheus, the crew were totally unbelievable as qualified astronauts or experienced professionals :dunno

Thanks for the heads up BugStomper. I love it...

jr91rq.jpg

Nice! It looks awesome and having metallic prints myself seeing that in person must be something else :clap

Bit late to the party but Shane Black eh? Expect to see people being savaged by predators, followed by some quips and some slapstick then.

I really hope they focus on making this a stand alone movie and don't get bogged down with trying to pay homage to the previous Predator films. The first Predator movie is such a classic, and IMO none of the films since have even come close to demonstrating the sheer awesomeness of the predator. I would go as far as to say that the sequels and AVP movies have actually bastardized the predator. The first predator took on a team of elite commando's that were the best of the best, and it took them out one by one easily like it was shopping for groceries. I just hope they focus on making the predator as seemingly invincible in this movie as he was in the first, and don't get to concerned with gadgets, and multiple predators.

I don't think P2 really bastardized the predator, nor the rest of the movies... I just think they weren't as good as the 1st one, P2 doesn't hold a candle to P1 but it's very watchable, the AVP movies are borderline insulting and Predators was very by the book and uninspired.

But I don't think they bastardized the Predator.

But P2 at least advanced and expanded the lore a bit, without uncovering it's mysteries.

I don't think P2 really bastardized the predator, nor the rest of the movies... I just think they weren't as good as the 1st one, P2 doesn't hold a candle to P1 but it's very watchable, the AVP movies are borderline insulting and Predators was very by the book and uninspired.

But I don't think they bastardized the Predator.

But P2 at least advanced and expanded the lore a bit, without uncovering it's mysteries.

I was thinking of P2 with that statement. Though I agree P2 took the lore in a positive direction. I also feel it began what has become a reoccurring problem with the franchise.

I was thinking of P2 with that statement. Though I agree P2 took the lore in a positive direction. I also feel it began what has become a reoccurring problem with the franchise.

What problem?

The only movie that comes to mind with the word bastardize is Predators, bastardazing the lore by adding the superpredators, other than that, even though I hate the AVP movies, I don't see how they bastardized the franchise, they were bad, no denying that, just think the word choice is a bit excessive.

They really didn't do anything the comics hadn't already done (in a much better way though).

What problem?

The only movie that comes to mind with the word bastardize is Predators, bastardazing the lore by adding the superpredators, other than that, even though I hate the AVP movies, I don't see how they bastardized the franchise, they were bad, no denying that, just think the word choice is a bit excessive.

They really didn't do anything the comics hadn't already done (in a much better way though).

The sequels turned the predator in to just another movie monster IMO. The more I watch them the more I feel like they transformed the character from an indestructible t-800 to an expendable star wars battle droid. I gladly exempt Predator 2 from this line of criticism because it did do more right than it did wrong, but all I'm saying is I hope that this time around they give us a predator film that can at least be debatable as matching the first film.

I'm sure most predator fans will consider bastardized to be to harsh, but I think we need to accept that we have not even come close to giving predator a proper sequel. Just my opinion.

Oh and woohoo 1000th post

given my username it seems appropriate that it be about predator.

:lol congrats.

And I definitely agree on what you mean there, the AVP movies stripped the predator from all sort of mysticism and fear of the unknown, at least for the audience.

The sequels turned the predator in to just another movie monster IMO. The more I watch them the more I feel like they transformed the character from an indestructible t-800 to an expendable star wars battle droid. I gladly exempt Predator 2 from this line of criticism because it did do more right than it did wrong, but all I'm saying is I hope that this time around they give us a predator film that can at least be debatable as matching the first film.

I'm sure most predator fans will consider bastardized to be to harsh, but I think we need to accept that we have not even come close to giving predator a proper sequel. Just my opinion.

Oh and woohoo 1000th post

given my username it seems appropriate that it be about predator.

if you are hoping for a movie that matches the first one you wish this new movie was a remake right?

and if so why even bother.

Back