The officially unofficial Grey Hulk thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viking28 said:
Sure you did asked for a Peter Jackson statue recieved a Peter Jackson statue, asked for a Mumak got a Mumak. What about the Witch King Crown?

Haha, I can't tell if you're being serious or you're being sarcastic.

The Wiki helm was only attainable if you purchased every medallion--which they were PLANNING to sell at 10,000 ES. Peter Jackson is 3500 and the Dying Elephant is 3000. You're comparing them to *coughs* an exclusive with 50 ES?

ill trade my grey hulk for an Exclusive predator maquette...Seriously.

Speaking for myself, I would have to really trust somebody to send my Gray Hulk off in the mail with the assumption that something else was headed my way in exchange...

daelith said:

The Wiki helm was only attainable if you purchased every medallion--which they were PLANNING to sell at 10,000 ES. Peter Jackson is 3500 and the Dying Elephant is 3000. You're comparing them to *coughs* an exclusive with 50 ES?

He's obviously kidding. We'll see where all this trade talk of Gray Hulk is when the item is actually released. :angelsmil

This is a thread started by SSC for relevant feedback on the Grey Hulk experiment. In light of that I'll be editing posts that don't correspond to those guidelines.

Originally posted by tomandshell
Speaking for myself, I would have to really trust somebody to send my Gray Hulk off in the mail with the assumption that something else was headed my way in exchange...

Yes, would be best if the members involved in the trade were in the same area or driving distance.

daelith said:
Because I am the anti-Josh of Sideshow products. For everything they do wrong, or I perceive as wrong, I nitpick and raise a ruckus. Unlike you Josh, I don't let things slide. If we were all like you and no one complained...do you think we would get fixes? As a sideshow customer, I have just as much a right to ***** and complain when things go wrong as you have of defending them when it happens. If a bunch of us didn't raise issues with their paint jobs (ie. Boromir, Theoden, Helm's Deep, Golden Hall, etc.), do you think they would've implemented the QC process?

As for bitching, this is the FIRST time I've bitched about their Marvel products. I said on another board that the Hulk vs Spidey was out of scale; however, I also mentioned it wasn't critical. AND I also mentioned that I thought WvS and Sentinels were awesome. And because, of that, I ordered the Green exclusive--but I'm still furious about the Grey ordeal. So lemme ask you, what Marvel orders do you have coming?

Now, let me add, don't you think it strange that, as loyal as the Marvel supporters are--how come we didn't get this extra special treatment for the LOTR line? I've spent oodles more cash on LOTR and have yet to see this type of "reward" for our loyalty.

Excellent post.
Buying from SSC is not like being a member of a sect, so there is absolutely no room for doctrines here.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Excellent post.
Buying from SSC is not like being a member of a sect, so there is absolutely no room for doctrines here.

I agree also....

daelith said:

I dont know how long you been collecting LOTR statues, but people started screaming that the edition sizes for the LOTR pieces were to small. That it wasn't fair to the fans having them with low edition numbers. So they upped the edition sizes, and the funniest thing is when they released the Newborn and it sold out then it was released that it had a edition size of 500.
People were calling it unfair, Sideshow betrayed me, Sideshow stabbed me with a knife ect ect ect. Sound similar? So no wonder they turned away from doing that stuff with the LOTR license.

And lets not forget about the Free Cave troll hammer with your orders over a hundred dollars.

As for the LOTR collectibles, the TBA sign was up and people who wanted it ordered it like they should have. When the edition was announced, people clamored to get it, but ultimately, it wasn't a stunt masked as a "reward" for their loyal fans. Per Sideshow's argument, they were trying to keep it off the hands of scalpers, yet, according to them, the definition of scalper changes depends on intent, which I had pointed out was very ambiguous.

If they wanted to know who was loyal, why not run it through their database to see who's been buying their marvel stuff? Remember, these are the same folks who claimed that they could filter out cc#'s, names, addresses, etc. to filter out double orders on LOTR stuff. And as I've mentioned, can you compare what you've mentioned to the ludicrously small ES for the Gray Hulk? I thought you were kidding--heck, Solidfox thought you were kidding as well. Regarding the size of the ES, it wouldn't even be an issue if they had stayed the course with their newsletter method they've been advocating for weeks..."Sign up and get a heads-up on exclusives!"...umm yea.

It's gotten to a point where exclusives are no longer exclusives and exclusives are really uannounced regular editions...in which case, why use the newsletter, just place your faith in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously though I think some of us just need to accept the fact that we missed it and move on with our lives. If this isn't the end of the world for you then stop acting like it. If it was then pay whatever people want for it on the secondary market and you'll have it. Obviously some of us still have a lot of growing up to do.

Jesse

I'm with you Jesse,

It is definitely time for some people to move on. Hey, if your feathers are that ruffled, it is a simple decision. Cancel your current orders with Sideshow and move on. If you have that bad an opinion of them then you need to find a company that can better satisfy you. Personally, I have found that company with Sideshow. Sure they're not perfect and I haven't like all of their products nor have I been able to get all of the pieces or preorders that I wanted. In the end big deal, there will be something else down the road that will fill the void. Point is that for my collecting dollar I have yet to find another company that has done as much, listened as closely, and given back as much to the collector as Sideshow has.

PS Sorry Dave, I know this is not quite in line with the intent of the thread, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Can't move on........:google
I have an extreme case of collectorsits, I ordered the regular exclusive but the fact that there is only 50 makes me want this even more. Just like with Bowen's Phasing Vision, I like the Vision and ordered the regular version. But when I found out about the exclusive, I wanted it, then when I realized it was the lowest produced FS I had to have it for collecting sake. Sadly I missed it when it went up, cause I had not idea about it, and now I check his site multiple times a day and now I have started posting and checking the statueforum board just so I don't miss out again. Thankfully a guy I know was willing to sell his vision to me and save me from having to buy it on ebay.

Jesseawilson said:
Seriously though I think some of us just need to accept the fact that we missed it and move on with our lives. If this isn't the end of the world for you then stop acting like it. If it was then pay whatever people want for it on the secondary market and you'll have it. Obviously some of us still have a lot of growing up to do.

Jesse
No problem with moving on. Some of us missed it! That's a fact. The only thing I hope is that this will never happen again. SSC should read every post on this matter very attentively. As for the growing up... Jesse, I am sure you will be a leading example! All eyes on you from now on.

Some of you here need a reality check. I can't believe the arrogance of some of you who want to demand Sideshow to operate based on YOUR preferences.

They can do whatever the hell they want. If they want to make an edition size of 1 they can, if they want to release something on Thursday, they will. Thanks to some of the cry babies on this board we will probably never get a small edition size like the Hulk again.

This debate goes beyond this board, if Sideshow bows under the pressure of some people on this forum we could see less exclusive items. Everything in the future could having edition sizes of 3000+, including exclusives.

I really feel bad for some on this board if something like the Gray Hulk get's them that upset. Time to stop having your mommy hold your hand and get a life.

daelith said:
...in which case, why use the newsletter, just place your faith in the forum.

That's the only way I was able to score a Gray Hulk. You guys here and the statueforums. The newsletter is cool but I depend more on the forums for info and leaked pics such as in the case of the HulkVsSpidey.

I hope the Gray Hulk stunt served it's purpose primarily as a way to generate buzz. That way we can all move forward to the business of collecting these awesome pieces.

Kookie said:
Some of you here need a reality check. I can't believe the arrogance of some of you who want to demand Sideshow to operate based on YOUR preferences.

They can do whatever the hell they want. If they want to make an edition size of 1 they can, if they want to release something on Thursday, they will. Thanks to some of the cry babies on this board we will probably never get a small edition size like the Hulk again.

This debate goes beyond this board, if Sideshow bows under the pressure of some people on this forum we could see less exclusive items. Everything in the future could having edition sizes of 3000+, including exclusives.

I really dont think we will see something like this again, which is pretty sad. Because the next time it could of been them who got one of the low edition runs.

Kookie said:

I really feel bad for some on this board if something like the Gray Hulk get's them that upset. Time to stop having your mommy hold your hand and get a life.

Look Kookie, you seem to forget why i first posted this thread...go back and read it again instead of preaching from your pulpit. Get off your high horse before you get a nose bleed. If you live in the US and missed out on this i have no sympathy for you if you live outside Europe, Asia or Australia then i do. Get it through your head, this was posted (my time) at 3.00am a full 3 hours after the normal posting time. Sideshow previously posted NL's at (12.00am my time) and i made it a point of staying up to read it. I know they have moved to Thursday too so thats unfortunate as well. We have to sleep sometime. Maybe now you may understand my frustrations. And don't ever refer to me as a cry baby when your obviously not mature enough to put across your arguement without insulting people.

Quite a discussion going on here, and one I hadn't intended on jumping into, because a) I am not a Marvel aficianado, b) the Hulk is my first Marvel piece (for now). I must say however that things sure have gotten petty. Those who have complaints just call or email SS, their customer service is amazing, and I am sure they will listen to your gripes.

But let's ask ourselves what the purpose of this piece was, to me it seems almost like what SS does during the Spooktaculars, etc, a hunt to find an item that most will not be able to get (either for significant discounts, or in this case a variant color). I don't think anyone can really say that with such a small ES that this was ever meant to be a piece for the public, it was always for the select few - and I am not one of them. To me the true exclusive is the green, the gray is more of a prize, one which could never satisfy all. I guess that is why it was not announced in the newsletter, it wasn't designed to be for the "common collector." The podcast listeners were given a special treat, for taking the time to listen, why is that so hard to grasp? I guess that is how I have reconciled the issue, it is a prize for a few, and it is hard to gripe over a prize. I do however think that it may be wise for SS to announce the purpose behind this piece, that could alleviate the difficulties of some in why they missed this.

I am in no way trying to redicule or offend, but I think the nature of the piece is largely misunderstood. The Gray Hulk seems to me to be a reward for those listening to the podcast, the Green Exclusive is what we are accustomed to - with newsletter warning.

:peace

Last edited:
Back