The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely loathe the new current trend of messing with established characters' races, gender, or sexuality just for the sake of silencing PC inclusionists.
You think that women, African Americans, homosexuals, ect are underrepresented in pop culture? Fair enough, but create your own brand new heroes. Don't mess with the established classics that already have a devoted following.

Not sure how much social justice can be introduced into a 1940's Cold War era Sci Fi fantasy without making the movie a dog. Certainly is a place for the issues you might want to present in films, but this is a poor platform for something like this. "Mississippi Burning" wasn't a bad film, but I wouldn't call it fun to watch exactly either. This almost has to end up being embarrassing and frivolous, the most likely outcome, or incredibly dour and painful to watch, which is not going to help popcorn sales. I know that's what I'm looking for in a Rocketeer reboot, a serious civil rights film. And who would you trust more than Disney to get that right? They always handle issues of race so well.

Disney has been thinking about another Rocketeer movie for some time. Last update was right before the Star Wars acquisition. So now that that is in motion...

While I'm all for it. I want a Stevens style Rocketeer movie with a solid, Nazi fighting, plane flying script. And maybe we'll see the character of Betty make an appearance.

I don't have a problem with Disney doing a sequel-reboot but I would have preferred an all out reboot.

Why reboot a perfectly fine movie?

This is ok to me. She'll take this on from the perspective of someone that saw The Rocketeer in the papers. Probably like that scene in the movie where Cliff picks up the paper and sees the story on himself.

I hope Sideshow decides to make another Cliff Rocketeer statue with this news. I didn't like the original one that much.

I absolutely loathe the new current trend of messing with established characters' races, gender, or sexuality just for the sake of silencing PC inclusionists.
You think that women, African Americans, homosexuals, ect are underrepresented in pop culture? Fair enough, but create your own brand new heroes. Don't mess with the established classics that already have a devoted following.

:lecture

This is ok to me. She'll take this on from the perspective of someone that saw The Rocketeer in the papers. Probably like that scene in the movie where Cliff picks up the paper and sees the story on himself.

I hope Sideshow decides to make another Cliff Rocketeer statue with this news. I didn't like the original one that much.

Agreed. I think a sequel is preferable because it doesn't save over the original file. Like you said, they could work off the original and use Cliff as an inspiration. Worst case scenario, it's another bad sequel. Best case scenario, it's a good movie. I am interested to see how they handle showing a black female in that era, and how she came to be this character.

But in any case, it's likely to spur a little interest in the original, which might mean more merch.

Because I'm not all that fond of the new idea Disney has planned. However, I'm open minded enough to wait and see how well Disney does with the final product.

I may end up liking the new direction and character.

I'm skeptical that it'll work. The first Rocketeer was as perfect as it could be and nobody went to see it. Now you're taking something that exists, and spinning it into something else. Will people care MORE for it then? Or will they simply care less?

It's a risky move for them but if they believe they have a strong enough story and people to pull it off, I dunno, more power to them I guess. It's not like we were going to get a real sequel anytime soon so, maybe the success (or failure) of this sequel relaunch can eventually bring us back to the basics again.

Jetpack Dimensions

Hi All!

I'm currently in the process of having a Rocketeer Jetpack & Helmet 3D Printed. The person I am dealing with & I are having a little trouble agreeing on the size of the Jetpack. I wonder if this has anything to do with him using a 10" Figure as a guide?

In any case, if one of you nice people out there has one of the Medicom Rocketeer Figures, could you measure the Jetpack & post the general dimensions? That should settle it once & for all. Many thanks!

:hi5:

I have a pair of recast T-1000 boots for the Rocketeer available. They're already painted brown and given a detail wash. The cast is vinyl (i.e. flexible like the originals) and was pretty good quality, with just some extra mould lines here and there. I later picked up genuine Hot Toys T-1000 boots when they popped up on eBay, so I don't need them anymore.

I've had a Rocketeer Ver 1 Medicom since it was released. I cannot explain how unhappy I was with the body. So it sat in its box all these years. Everything else to me was awesome. Now I don't know if it's been me living under a rock but I never thought of upgrading the body. But 1/6 scale items were not how they were back when. Well I finally did and I have a new found happiness with it. I went as far as getting a head sculpt I thought looked like Cliff and am using it.

DSC06574.jpg

DSC06572.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06572.jpg
    DSC06572.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 217
Not bad use of the HeroHeads Rick O'connell sculpt. There are some custom parts-head sculpt, gloves and a few other bits.

Not bad use of the HeroHeads Rick O'connell sculpt. There are some custom parts-head sculpt, gloves and a few other bits.

Yeah to me it looked like I could use it for Seacord. Other custom things that people offer? I missed out on the rocco sculpt.

Fullmetal is about to make another run of his famous jetpack/helmet set in metal, completely finished with leather harness, but the price tag also matches the quality of it, and makes it difficult for many of us to get one. But would anyone be interested in a more affordable version in resin? Davinator said Jon could consider doing it if we gather enough interested... so, who's up for it?

Back