The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i prefer this picture haha

rocketeerbettiepagewallsx3_zpse0b9f86d.jpg

:lol :naughty :lol

Sideshow Exclusive. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:lol :lol :lol

IDW's newest Rocketeer comic series "Hollywood Horror" comes out 2/27. I wonder what Betty has gotten into this time.

Sideshow Exclusive. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:wink1:

:rotfl:lol

IDW's newest Rocketeer comic series "Hollywood Horror" comes out 2/27. I wonder what Betty has gotten into this time.

I must admit this series looks horrendous. It looks worse than the Rocketeer Adventures. The Rocketeer Adventures had a few good/decent stories and a tiny tiny bit of great art, but the majority of the stories and artwork were awful. I think this new series is a true horror because the style and design looks like something you expect in a Disney Adventures or Highlights Magazine. I wish IDW would try and put more heart into the series like Dave Stevens, rather than try to milk the series for everything it is worth. Dave Stevens artwork was a true master piece. The Rocketeer is perfectly drawn, and you tell about the effort and precision in Dave's work. I'm not expecting Dave Stevens' quality of work, but I expect something close to it. Hollywood Horror doesnt even come close. Hell, the bulldog cafe looks like Mario from Super Mario Brothers. What a huge disappointment.

rocketeer-hh-sub-cvrcol-1353093110_zpsd5a95f79.jpg

I just read a while ago that Adam Hughes was approached for The Rocketeer Adventures I think. I can't remember. It was on Comic Book Resources. I was searching for Hughes and Rocketeer after reading the forward in Stevens' Covers and Stories book. I guess eventually they'll get a good illustrator on Rocketeer. I assume the comics are selling since they are still going. I believe it's four series with the two volumes of Rocketeer Adventures now. They even reprinted the Complete Rocketeer and the Artist Edition. So they should have enough money to hire a quality illustrator.

I'm glad that this series is happening at all, and that the series does well. A change in artists would be nice though. Adam Hughes would be amazing! Basically, I support almost any Rocketeer project going on.

Still bummed about the Captain Action Rocketeer getting cancelled. That would have been a home run too.

I got a Rocketeer sketch card commission from artist Fredd Gorham. Can't wait to see how it looks!

I would love to see someone like adam hughes or jim lee do the rocketeer.....jim lee did such an amazing job on the batman hush series that he can definitely make the rocketeer comic super popular...

even though the captain action was cancelled, you may have a nice challenge coin soon....i submitted the artwork for the next coin...i am just waiting for the company to send back the proof.....depending how many people i have interested and willing to purchase...

i will be doing an interest thread soon, so keep an eye out for it....

Still bummed about the Captain Action Rocketeer getting cancelled. That would have been a home run too.

I got a Rocketeer sketch card commission from artist Fredd Gorham. Can't wait to see how it looks!

What's the Captain Action Rocketeer?

The last Rocketeer item I got was the Jetpack Comics Treasury. I like the deco variant cover. The treasury surprised me in that it's the full Rocketeer comic. I thought it was only going to be an issue or two.

I looked at a preview for Rocketeer Hollywood Horror last night on CBR. The art is really bad.

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15460

I'm still going to pick up the Adventures for all the different stories and pinups. Cargo of Doom too because of the writer and he usually tells a good story. But I think I'm going to pass on Hollywood Horror unless the story turns out to be really good.

What's the Captain Action Rocketeer?

Captain Action Rocketeer Costume set FIGURE NOT INCLUDED.

Costume includes:

-Helmet-Rocket Pack-Harness for Rocket Pack-Flight Jacket-Jodhpurs (pants)-Boots-Hands - two versions a)clenching/gripping b) with Plungers/controls for rocket pack -Newspaper with Rocketeer headline
-Signed photo from "Betty", his girlfriend

579231_10150748853689823_297119739822_9803862_634344070_n_zps708eaa76.jpg

the picture they used look similar to the medicom version 2 costume......

thanks for the link to cbr...the artwork looks terrible

Hmm. Not interested in that Captain Action figure. Strange that they wouldn't sell the figure with the Rocketeer items.

One day someone will come out with the Rocketeer and Bettie statue to own. I'm just surprised Sideshow didn't go all out considering that Conan's Prize statue and other great pieces they have released.

I would love to see someone like adam hughes or jim lee do the rocketeer.....jim lee did such an amazing job on the batman hush series that he can definitely make the rocketeer comic super popular...

even though the captain action was cancelled, you may have a nice challenge coin soon....i submitted the artwork for the next coin...i am just waiting for the company to send back the proof.....depending how many people i have interested and willing to purchase...

i will be doing an interest thread soon, so keep an eye out for it....

I would love to see either of them or Frank Cho work on the Rocketeer series. :rock

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :love
:)

thanks, i had some help from fellow finheads....
the coin will be a limited edition of only 100.....i cant wait....

as for the medicom, i prefer version 2.0....i think it is more detailed and most accurate of the 3

i always wanted to send a rocketeer medicom helmet to be bronzed....thought that would be cool to have a bronze helmet for the action figure

ER did a kick-*** job on the upcoming challenge coin. A great collectible to look forward to.

I've been severely backlogged on getting various artwork framed, but my "Rocketeer" print by Brian Rood is getting closer to the top of the list.

There's one more pin to complete my collection, the Jumbo pin still eludes me. I found a few places online. One place where the price isn't bad -just the price is too high for a pin. Debating on pulling the trigger anyway -just to get the collection done.

Last edited:
Back