The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I always forget - perhaps intentionally - that the Rocketeer is technically Disney, so I screwed up and posted in the General section that I had my review up of the new figure last night:

Review and photos of Funko Legacy Rocketeer action figure

Overall, a fantastic figure - if it weren't for the breakage issues.

review_rocketeer_9.jpg

Great review as always Michael. The gum on the jetpack is painted pink though, both on the one I got and in your photo.

So I guess the front part of the jacket isn't removable like in the promo pictures?

No, it doesn't appear to be. It is a separately sculpted piece, so I suppose you could pry it off if you wanted to though.

I tried pulling the backpack off - no go. I didn't try prying the front of the coat off too, since I'd thought I'd heard it was glued...anyone actually try?

Wow, what a disappointment. Looks like they changed a lot of things on it. Not sure if I want to drop $20 on this now.

ha! even the proto had the dent above grill in mask :rotfl

doesn't bother me not takin off backpack. straps are permanent, looks odd with them on and rocket off etc

its a great fig to have near cpu as i work, quick pick up and pose action.

Wow, what a disappointment. Looks like they changed a lot of things on it. Not sure if I want to drop $20 on this now.

It's still well worth it. You really don't need to take the front jacket or rocketpack off. Is there really a need to? Still a great figure.

It's still well worth it. You really don't need to take the front jacket or rocketpack off. Is there really a need to? Still a great figure.

I ended up buying it. I'm disappointed in it. It's an OK figure, to me, anyways, but a far cry from the prototype that was advertised. It's easy to see now why Funko is struggling with the Legacy line. I like the ReAction figure a lot better. Not sure if I'm keeping him.

Rocketeer has been on TV a ton lately. What a fantastic film. Every single time it's on, it sucks me in.

i really want to add something Rocketeer in my collection. years back i passed on the Electric Tiki statue and it's one of the only sold out statues i really want for my collection. If anyone is selling one for a good deal please let me know.

Now that Hot Toys is dong a lot of Disney stuff I wonder if they might give The Rocketeer a go...

Back