The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

Here are a few picks of mine, number 41/500 :hi5: This piece is very impressive in hand, as is usually the case none of the pics linked so far don't do it justice at all. Of course my pics don't either, but believe me when I say, any and all considering this piece, you will not be disappointed!

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

That is just a totally kick ass character in a great pose, I can't wait, mine shipped today so maybe in my hands (coming from Cali-forn-ya to Hobart, Australia) next week sometime? Hope so.

Wow, peep that base, art-deco awesomeness! PF of the year?

Those last pics do make him look better. The jacket comes all the way up to his glove, which is how it's supposed to be, not exposing the wrist.

What is the jet pack made out of? Is it all plastic?

Seriously does anyone know a good place to get pfs shipped to/within europe? without massive delivery fees ..me being in Ireland.

Seriously does anyone know a good place to get pfs shipped to/within europe? without massive delivery fees ..me being in Ireland.

Have you tried Play.com or Forbidden planet? i get most of my stuff from SS and if i have to Ebay, but Play are normally good just not sure about shipping to Ireland.

Also this PF is frigging amazing congrats to all that got it. :rock

Have you tried Play.com or Forbidden planet? i get most of my stuff from SS and if i have to Ebay, but Play are normally good just not sure about shipping to Ireland.

Tnx 4 that dude ..they don't seem to have the rocketeer at play.com but got one over at forbidden planet ..making an account there now to see what the total with shipping comes to.

Sadly will have to sell my little medicom 2.5 to help fund this guy:( if it comes to a reasonable price.

Hey!

Mine is arriving tomorrow but I'm not sure I will keep it. The photos I've seen look really nice, but I am not as excited as I was when it was released. I have to have it in hand to make my decision and I will do a review anyway so look for the video at BEAR REVIEWS Friday.

Cheers

Bear :wave

So at forbidden planet its £269.99 thats 325 euros(wow thats expensive!) for me ..but thats not yet including the delivery ..it tells me -INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT - Please note that delivery
will be calculated upon shipment of order
..so am i going into this deal blind as to what the delivery will be? ..should i not be informed what it is?

So at forbidden planet its £269.99 thats 325 euros(wow thats expensive!) for me ..but thats not yet iccluding the delivery ..it tells me -INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT - Please note that delivery
will be calculated upon shipment of order
..so am i going into this deal blind as to what the delivery will be? ..should i not be informed what it is?

Sounds pretty shady to me.

The jacket is a touch too clean, but most PFs suffer from that; othewise it looks real solid.

Can someone post a pic of the jetpack in particular, I wanted to see the weathering around the rockets themselves. I am also curious about what material it is? :dunno Hopefully it's better than the Fett PF. :panic:

So at forbidden planet its £269.99 thats 325 euros(wow thats expensive!) for me ..but thats not yet including the delivery ..it tells me -INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT - Please note that delivery
will be calculated upon shipment of order ..so am i going into this deal blind as to what the delivery will be? ..should i not be informed what it is?

Can you talk to a live person at FP and get an estimated quote for shipping?

Surely the'd help you out with that.

The jacket is a touch too clean, but most PFs suffer from that; othewise it looks real solid.

Can someone post a pic of the jetpack in particular, I wanted to see the weathering around the rockets themselves. I am also curious about what material it is? :dunno Hopefully it's better than the Fett PF. :panic:

I'll try to post some picks of the Jet pack later today. I'm not 100% sure what they used, but it's a pretty heavy, solid piece.

Very good to know. :yess:

I am pretty sure it's solid polystone.

One thing I prefer about Superhero PFs with their skin tight clothing vs. Movie PFs with the more loose fitting stuff, is there is no skimping on sculpting the body throughout. You take off the cloth materials from say a Marvel comic hero you have the proper anatomy and do the same with a Movie PF... nothing. Like the Bobba Fett and Spike. Thus why we get this skinny alien look. I am not pleased at all since it really makes for a mediocre appearance. Now I am locked into getting one of these because in-hand pics didn't surface until our cards went through.

Thanks SideShow.

I am pretty sure it's solid polystone.

One thing I prefer about Superhero PFs with their skin tight clothing vs. Movie PFs with the more loose fitting stuff, is there is no skimping on sculpting the body throughout. You take off the cloth materials from say a Marvel comic hero you have the proper anatomy and do the same with a Movie PF... nothing. Like the Bobba Fett and Spike. Thus why we get this skinny alien look. I am not pleased at all since it really makes for a mediocre appearance. Now I am locked into getting one of these because in-hand pics didn't surface until our cards went through.

Thanks SideShow.

You can't compare superheros to "real people". Could be a bit more bulky? Yes. Is that realistic to the character? I don't think so. He wasn't a big dude to start with.

Back