The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nintenjoe, loving the Olly Moss cutouts! :clap

Just out of interest, how are you doing these? Are they cut out of black paper and then placed over white, or cut out of white and then black showing through... are have you done some sort of screen print with black paint?

I'd be interested to see some photos of the work in progress! :wave

Also, the tools you are using. Scalpel and cutting board?

Thanks,

PsychoCenobite :horror

Do Hunter Rose! Do it please! ;)

I have no idea who that is! :dunno

Nintenjoe, loving the Olly Moss cutouts! :clap

Just out of interest, how are you doing these? Are they cut out of black paper and then placed over white, or cut out of white and then black showing through... are have you done some sort of screen print with black paint?

I'd be interested to see some photos of the work in progress! :wave

Also, the tools you are using. Scalpel and cutting board?

Thanks,

Thanks! I made enlarged photocopies of the images from the book. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Silhouettes-Popular-Culture-Olly-Moss/dp/1781164126/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387896956&sr=8-1&keywords=olly+moss[/ame]

I then tape the copy to black paper and cut the image out using an xacto-knife. I don't use a cutting board. I just cut over newspaper. Pretty simple setup but very time consuming. Also, there's really no room for error.

Thanks! I made enlarged photocopies of the images from the book. https://www.amazon.com/Silhouettes-...UTF8&qid=1387896956&sr=8-1&keywords=olly+moss

I then tape the copy to black paper and cut the image out using an xacto-knife. I don't use a cutting board. I just cut over newspaper. Pretty simple setup but very time consuming. Also, there's really no room for error.

Thanks! :hi5:

I got the book last Christmas but would be interested in trying to create some to go up on my wall.

If my results come out okay, then I'll post them here! :)

Thanks! :hi5:

I got the book last Christmas but would be interested in trying to create some to go up on my wall.

If my results come out okay, then I'll post them here! :)

Cool, you should give it a try. I'm going to make some for myself eventually but I'm going to make the images bigger so they're easier to cut and work with.

Shining-Room-237-Jon-Smith-Print.jpg

$30 - Ed. 60

LINK

Back